Off Topic Playground

Hey Mako! Is the chair in the gutter still free?

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Ah I remember the lurking days.... life was so much simpler *grin*

What were you doing while lurking anyway? Just hanging out for the laughs? I just jumped into the thread, never understood the idea of lurking in here...

well,.. some of the old crew that used to hang out here, weren't always all that social with newcomers. but some of those people don't seem to come on anymore,.. at least not much that I've noticed as of late anyways,..

Yeah, there's a few still around from the old crew, but most of us seem to be third gen or younger.

And Mako, do you really think it's a good idea to try to train a puppet? I mean, a six armed bear is one thing, but a puppet is just asking for trouble...

(looks around) *grin* Yeah, this is a weird place ain't it? Ah well, it's a fun one!

I wandered in and out a couple of times, posted once or twice, then Fell friended me and you guys all lured me full time into the madness!

Quite a quick and painless process really lol

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Well, what's the worst that can happen if I try?

*thinks for a second*

Ah. Yeah, maybe not wise. I like having two arms and ten fingers.

I'm intrigued as to who were the originals now!

Ah, Fell's the one who dragged in a lot of us... Fell and Abs brought me in here out of curiosity one day. After that, just stuck around cause it was fun!

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

'm not complaining though,.. I've made some good friends here (present company included). So if the old guard doesn't come around much,.. so be it.

Yeah. Miss the friends I had in the old guard, but the friends who are still around are the reason I'm here!

haven't seen fell on in a while. Abs has been in few different threads, just not here lately.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I would like to (at some point if we can all work it out and afford it) meet up with you guys at Gen-Con or some such thing. I think it'd be interesting to faces to the names.

haven't seen fell on in a while. Abs has been in few different threads, just not here lately.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I would like to (at some point if we can all work it out and afford it) meet up with you guys at Gen-Con or some such thing. I think it'd be interesting to faces to the names.

Abs jumps in and out every once in a while. I think he's been very busy with work as of late, although if you send him a message he's pretty quick to respond. That, and the man's been sick a lot lately, although I think he might blame the rest of the family! lol.

I'd love to try that sometime. Maybe if Mako sticks around this side of the pond we can arrange it for 2014? Would be a lot of fun, I think!

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Abs still stops in sometimes, but him and Steam tend to get on while I sleep. once summer is over and the clocks change I may see them a bit more.....

Yeah, you can almost set your watch by the changing of the guard in this thread... 4am comes around, Monkey goes to bed and Steam shows up within a few minutes!

Well, I'm pretty likely to be staying in toronto for a second year so I was debating GenCon. Was talking to shine about it the other day, we were both wondering whether we'd have the cash and time for it and if we could do it sensibly. Would be quite cool to go though I dread to think how much it would cost!

Pickle hee, pickle dee. Pickle, pickle. Tee, hee, hee.

O.o Just wrong, man. Just wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Well, I'm pretty likely to be staying in toronto for a second year so I was debating GenCon. Was talking to shine about it the other day, we were both wondering whether we'd have the cash and time for it and if we could do it sensibly. Would be quite cool to go though I dread to think how much it would cost!

Oh? When did that happen? Last I heard it didn't sound likely!

Although, now that I think of it, unless something catastrophic happens...Gencon 2013 might not be out of reach...which would be awesome!

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Hey, Mako, want to see if we can get SPG to show up to Gencon? *grin*

Oh? When did that happen? Last I heard it didn't sound likely!

It's amazing how much more interesting work is when you get to say 'fine, you do whatever daft experiments you like. I'll get on and actually make the project work without you. Just don't get in my way or expect me to help you waste your time!' *grin*

And events are eventuating, as ever. There's always a chance I'll be here for more than two years, with things as they are I can't rule out becoming a permanent resident!

Eh, Mako might edge you out in height...possibly. I know I don't, lol! Eh, apparently I don't 'look' the nerd part, I tend to surprise people when they hear most of my hobbies...and especially my music interests!

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

It's amazing how much more interesting work is when you get to say 'fine, you do whatever daft experiments you like. I'll get on and actually make the project work without you. Just don't get in my way or expect me to help you waste your time!' *grin*

And events are eventuating, as ever. There's always a chance I'll be here for more than two years, with things as they are I can't rule out becoming a permanent resident!

So, see about planning for 2013, and definitely try to plan for 2014, is that what you're saying? lol