Off Topic Playground

That's true, should be able to squeeze in a trip some point (before GenCon I mean!) for that!

Yeah, if I'm about it's tempting to see if I can go there. Depends on what's going on I suppose. If I'm leaving I might be able to go there then fly to England from Indiana rather than coming back here first!

Awesome! Good to hear you're making progress. How's it going, Bleach?

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

I'd be up for that! There could be much off topic fun just for larfs while the others take things seriously...

Agreed on this!

Nighty, night!

And yeah. The paste is damn awesome. I usually paint the base last, though. So it will have to wait until I get the rider finished, which will hopefully be today, since I want to play with him tomorrow at the store.

I will paint it in dark sand colors and tones. Light dry brushing to keep it mostly dark to help contrast with the mount more.

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

I can't make it to any conventions, as I live in stupid Germany. :(

Gencon, come to Germany! D:

Indeed. Especially on the tabletop. I like to focus on contrasts to help my models pop out more. ^^

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Side note: What is your policy on miniatures on the gaming table. DO they have to be painted or not?

Personally I want models to be painted and finished on the table. Makes it look whole and not so blank/half-assed as when you drop in some unprimed or plainly primed models on the table.

Ironically a friend of mine, who played with his half painted Lady J crew, almost forgot one of his black primed Death Marshals on a terrain piece... Imagine how much that has to suck to forget that... D:

And there's many contrasts to use. Mind you, getting them all in on every part of a model is a pain.

I never actually thought about how my stuff looks on the tabletop, I dare say justice will stand out but Kirai and co are muted and soft!

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

I hate playing with unpainted models, so much so I used a painted illuminated to proxy an ashigaru the other night because I hadn't wanted to assemble and use one in grey plastic :)