Off Topic Playground

Eh. I've pressured one of the OTT into it already, lol. Once is enough. Besides, aren't you the one who wrote up an entry less than 24 hours before the deadline? Or was that Monkey?

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Very nice! Here's hoping we keep going for stuff.

Oh, so I realized that I have the full crew for my Death Korps special operations team...gonna use two DUST laser grenadiers for my Death Korps ones. Which is awesome, because I don't have the money to buy a full squad of Grenadiers at the moment, and we're looking at doing a Killzone thing in February.

not sure how i'd pull off a choose your own adventure on a forum though,.. since there's no page to turn to.

*ponders*,.. though,.. if I built each choice as a seperate thread,....

Use spoiler tags, and label them.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

How'd you go about reworking the ropes?

The spoiler tags thing isn't a bad idea lol. I'm almost tempted! But it's monkeys idea, so I'll leave it to him to be pressured into it lol.

I used slightly softer narrower wire and twisted them tighter and more evenly, made them longer too so they rise up above the scene more

What gauge wire?

And yeah, I think the spoiler tags would be the best way to do it. As an example...

Option A-

Go to Option C, or to Option F

Option B-

Go to Option D, or to Option H

And so on and so forth.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Hmmm...well, that's interesting. Spoilers are revealed in the previews along the edge of the main forum page! Good to know, that.

Oh? Might be... how many are you thinking you can part with?

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Um, not sure. 22 I think, the stuff you get in electronics kits. That sound vaguely right?

Yeah, 22 gauge is incredibly thin stuff... Sounds like something you'd want to use. Gonna have to remember that!

But then,.. that raises the next obvious question,.. the 1500 word limit. Would that limit then have to divided between the options? say,.. 500 words each (the original starting point plus two choice options). Or does each section need to be 1500 words?

And if a picture is worth 1000 words,.. would I win if I just post 3 different pictures? (one in each choice section? *grin*

But then,.. that raises the next obvious question,.. the 1500 word limit. Would that limit then have to divided between the options? say,.. 500 words each (the original starting point plus two choice options). Or does each section need to be 1500 words?

And if a picture is worth 1000 words,.. would I win if I just post 3 different pictures? (one in each choice section? *grin*

I would say that you've got 1500 words for the whole thing, to split up. And pictures aren't worth 1000 words, sorry about that, LOL. I do think that a Choose Your Own Adventure sounds like fun. Any designators, such as 'go to option A for this' won't count to your word limit.

I may give it a shot,.. and perhaps try to keep it running. you know, use my two things from the list in this set, and then when the next writing assignment comes out, have to try to incorporate the next 2 items into the following set of choices. But that may get a bit complex,...