Yawning and when does a fast model is no longer fast?

poulpox

Question

Hello!

If I play against a Fast model (like Lilith) and this model receives slow, does it still count as Fast for the purpose of the Alp's Yawning?

Also if a model like McMourning gives itself Fast with a body part, does he still count as Fast if in the same turn an Alp wants to do Yawning?

I guess the summarised question is: does Yawning only affect models with Fast written in their abilities?

Thanks!

T.

13 answers to this question

Rules Manual, pg 34: "If a model affected by Fast gains Slow, or vice versa, the two cancel each other out and both effects are removed."

So Lilith would have Fast until she gained Slow, and then would have neither for the rest of the turn.

Unless an ability specified duration, it lasts until the Resolve Effects Step (pg 32). So once McMourning gained Fast, he would still be Fast for the rest of the turn.

But I'm just wondering now, couldn't it be like LCB's Prey on the Weak Vs Harmless which is still functioning even when Harmless models have lost Harmless? Keeping this same line of thought wouldn't a Fast model still be considered Fast for the prupose of an ability even after losing Fast through Slow? Isn't it a bit of a similar case here?

Thoughts?

T.

But I'm just wondering now, couldn't it be like LCB's Prey on the Weak Vs Harmless which is still functioning even when Harmless models have lost Harmless?

It is?

That's not how we've been playing it..

When a model losses Harmless, then it's gone.

Pitiful however is never lost, but only have an effect during certain times of the turn.

You know what, I was sure I had seen a ruling saying Harmless remained for the purpose of Prey on the Weak, but after a quick search I guess I was wrong!

So in this case it is all rather simple and just as you guys say

:)

Got in doubt myself whether it'd been ruled on or what ;)

For future reference Keltheos made the relevant ruling here.

Sorry to res my own thread, but I am being told now that Fast finishes right after the activation it was used in. In terms of Yawning who can be a target of it then?

Only models with Fast in their abilities (yet if ever they receive Slow due to Smother for example, they can no longer suffer from Yawning for the turn)? What about models receiving Fast via spell: are they safe from Yawning as long as they activate before the Alp?

Thanks for your wizzdom!

Sorry to res my own thread, but I am being told now that Fast finishes right after the activation it was used in. In terms of Yawning who can be a target of it then?

Only models with Fast in their abilities (yet if ever they receive Slow due to Smother for example, they can no longer suffer from Yawning for the turn)? What about models receiving Fast via spell: are they safe from Yawning as long as they activate before the Alp?

Thanks for your wizzdom!

A model with Fast on its profile that hasn't recieved slow since it last activated.

A model that has been granted fast by some other ability and hasn't yet used the action point.

Note, some models, like the student of conflict, grant fast for a different length of time to normal. Since that gvrants a model fast until the close phase it would have fast if it re-activated that turn. It is also vulnerable to yawning.

So Lilith would have Fast until she gained Slow, and then would have neither for the rest of the turn.

Wouldn't that be till the end of her current or next activation though, rather than the rest of the turn?

Her Fast is permanent ability. Slow placed on her would cancel Fast only for 1 duration of Slow, I think.

Unless an ability specified duration, it lasts until the Resolve Effects Step (pg 32). So once McMourning gained Fast, he would still be Fast for the rest of the turn.

That is definitely wrong. Fast and Slow both have defined end time, so they do not fall into general rules category.

They both give Fast/Slow and end either within current activation (if the model receives Fast or Slow while it is activated) or during next activation (if it is given Fast or Slow by another model).

Since McMourning gives Fast to himself with his own ability (Passion for his work), it will happen during his activation most of the time. That means he will be no longer Fast when his activation ends.

Edited by Q'iq'el