Adepticon 2011 wrap up, thanks and results

nilus

Lets see what I can remember from the panel

The next book targeted for Gencon will have **** in it.

There will be limited Edition models at Gencon. They will also be orderable from the online store during the con

The reason Nightmare LCB became the rare limited model it did was because someone didn't ask for a size comparison shot when it was originally sculpted. They decided to produce the big old guy anyways as a limited edition/prize support model.

Some schemes are harder then others. This is intentional to make the game more challenging when a more experienced player is going against a newer player

I am sure there was more stuff, but I am drawing a blank at the moment. Anyone else want to fill in the blanks.

Edited by WEiRD sKeTCH

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason Nightmare LCB became the rare limited model it did was because someone didn't ask for a size comparison shot when it was originally sculpted. They decided to produce the big old guy anyways as a limited edition/prize support model.

Ooh, interesting....so were they saying that the Nightmare edition Chompy was originally supposed to be the normal model? Then it turned out to be so huge that they switched it over to the LE? That makes sense. Turned out to be a good move too!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help on Sunday at the Scrap tourney. My guild crew (and me) were playing my 3/4/5 games ever of Malifaux and the friendliness and advice were top notch.

Nicely run tourney and hats off to the TD's for weathering the software and getting us done on time and happily.

I look forward to seeing you all at other cons/tourneys

It was a lot of fun! Just woke up from the required nap after one of these things hahaha. Thanks everyone who came by the Cool Mini or Not booth! I was the fat guy helping you with all things Wyrd. Thanks nilus for running such great events over in the Lavender room! Looking forward to Gencon! Plus this one next year. Hopefully I will be able to rock more Malifaux at the next one rather than just be in the booth.

Kudos to Dan and crew for running a tight ship during the Con. I had a blast at my first Adepticon, even though I didn't play in any of the tourneys.

To all the people whom I met: Thanks for saying hi and talking! I'm glad to see so many faces of people who genuinely enjoy playing Malifaux.

To the many people I played: Thanks for the games! Even though I made up several rules on the spot ;) I will gladly offer up rematches to those of you who wish to have them when we meet next.

Overall, it was a great time, and I felt that we had the nicest player group; no issues and lots of fun games.

See you guys around!

Zee

Lets see what I can remember from the panel

The next book targeted for Gencon will have **** in it.

There will be limited Edition models at Gencon. They will also be orderable from the online store during the con

Some schemes are harder then others. This is intentional to make the game more challenging when a more experienced player is going against a newer player

I am sure there was more stuff, but I am drawing a blank at the moment. Anyone else want to fill in the blanks.

it takes 12 hours and 16 redbulls to get from Atlanta to Chicago by car

dont expect fluff to have any sort of continuity, rhyme, or reason

wyrd will again provide amazing prize support for the Gencon painting competition

dont be surprised to see some alien looking bug thing in the far future

puppet wars is a thing

the turnout for open play on Saturday night was a beautiful sight

Yeah it was crazy. It was pretty busy Friday night but I guess Saturday was really big. Thanks to Sean and Dave for holding down the fort for me that night and letting me actually go eat real food on Saturday night(which meant I missed a bit of the open play, including the raffle that CMON through stuff in for)

Agreed. I don't want a 'Hardcore'. Let the other game have that.

Well the feedback I got from A-con is that some people wanted to sit down and play some casual games, even a casual tourney where the time limit was laxed and the players where there to have fun.

But others really wanted to play a competitve match against experienced opponents.

I am not really familiar with Warmachines Hardcore format but I definitely will be thinking about having tournaments of different play levels next year to fit bout groups wants.