Voodoo Doll V2 Conduit

TheOneWhoFell

Conduit:

Nominate a non-Master enemy model in

Zoraida’s LoS when this model is summoned. As long as this model is within 1” of Zoraida, she ignores LoS and range when targeting the nominated model with a spell. Her Casting and spell Damage Flips receive + when targeting the nominated model. The nominated model suffers Poison 2 at the end of the Closing Phase. This remains in effect on this model until it is removed from play or it casts Reconnect.

Okay, so. Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Conduit changed quite a bit, and my Local Henchman and I have a question about the portion in red.

We decided that the red meant that the model conduit targets only gets two poison counters once, when you initially summoned the voodoo doll into play. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Nope!

You get it each turn Conduit is on you. The reason being is is that Conduit stays in play on a model until it is removed. So each turn you have it's effects in play on you and that includes the no LoS for Zoraida and the + flips for her as well and the Poison that applies to you.

But remember, Poison does not stack. The higher number of counters will be the one that will stick.

So if you get Conduited on Turn 1, when you activate on Turn 2 you will take 2 Wds and go down to 1 Poison Counter. But then during the Closing Phase you will go back up to 2 Poison Counters.

*edit* Ninja'ed by the rat! *flails with his ball and chain*

Spending 2AP on a master to give Poison 2 to someone isn't exactly broken..

Zoraida doesn't have any direct damage...

Poison 2 every turn is... and she may not do direct damage to the model, but she ignores LoS for Obey.... which is pretty awesome... So not only am I killing you... I'm killing your crew with you... :D

Poison 2 every turn is... and she may not do direct damage to the model, but she ignores LoS for Obey.... which is pretty awesome... So not only am I killing you... I'm killing your crew with you... :D

But again, 2 Ap to put that on you if you Kill the Voodoo Doll or say use "Shrug-off" to remove it ;) It's not broken man, trust us ^^

Shrug off offers no help.

Conduit is on the doll, not the other model

Plus, the Poison gets applied during the Closing Phase, and then you'd take the Wds immediately when you start your activation, before you could declare Shrug Off. It is a decidedly nasty thing, but I honestly have more trouble with Obey itself than the Poison 2, LOL.

Zoraida isn't one I've played against much, but the last time my Coryphee Duet got hit with Conduit...argh, that was annoying. Luckily their (0) to heal helped, but having them get Obeyed and running away from things all the time got old really quick.

We'll see. Oh yes we will.

(Piere will stay home against Z. So don't leave out Z for me to figure it out.)

And Dark Alleycat hasn't my LaCroix crew taught you not to underestimate the gremlins after the last two games?

Back to the OP: poison is death to a low model count crew with no healing potential. Very nasty.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

Oh I don't underestimate the greenskins Murphy.Rami is quite nasty,and ophelia can do some quite significant damage. your slop haulers mean that they can heal quite a bit. I do however enjoy mightily hearing about them having horrible things happen to them due to willpower issues.

But If you really want,I suppose I could bring out one of my other armies.

Seamus perhaps. I mean...Ophelia is a little short for his tastes,but the copycat would probably think she was all sorts of awesome.

8-10 lures a turn means ophelia could only resist for so long lol.

Edited by Dark Alleycat