Counter Update

Ratty

OK Updating the Counters.

http://malifaux.nezumi.me.uk/Downloads/Malifaux_Counters_Ratty.pdf

I'm planning to change the shape of tokens so they are easy to distinguish. Poison, Burning and Blight are all tokens, are there any other. Are things like Joss' Charge Counters now tokens or do they really drop when he dies?

Edited by Ratty

Body Parts can be used by Sebastian or McMounring. Eyes can be used by the Doppleganger or Coppelius (though Coppelius diesn't drop them when he dies) Blood can definitely drop.

I don't play Ressers or Nephilim, so I couldn't remember on those. I was specifically referring to Joss' Power Counters though, which I don't think they drop, but I have no rules to back that up.

As with any other Counters/Tokens, don't they only drop if there are other pieces on the board which can take advantage of them? For instance, if you're running a Neverborn crew with Hans in it, and everybody except Hans gets killed, would any Blood counters be left on the table, or would they be removed at that point since Hans can't use them?

I don't play Ressers or Nephilim, so I couldn't remember on those. I was specifically referring to Joss' Power Counters though, which I don't think they drop, but I have no rules to back that up.

As with any other Counters/Tokens, don't they only drop if there are other pieces on the board which can take advantage of them? For instance, if you're running a Neverborn crew with Hans in it, and everybody except Hans gets killed, would any Blood counters be left on the table, or would they be removed at that point since Hans can't use them?

Counters can only be generated when a model that can use them is in play. But once they exist they remain in play. Counters carried by a model count as in play.. So if Seamus was the last Graverobber and was carring 4 corpse counters, when he died he would drop the 4 corpse counters but not generate any from his death.