The Emerald Archer

Sliver Chocobo

Of vampires, cults and the 47 - Prologue

The Dragon Warrior - Chapter One

Time to take a stab at Chapter 2

Robin stood outside the star theatre, she preferred her stage name rather than Olivera Queen, it suited her more. A stage name to cover her fake name to hide her real name.

The rain slowly came down all around her, she stood staring at it. A scabbard lay on her left hip, to an untrained eye, it look like a singel sword, but in fact it was two, a pair in perfect harmony with each other. The scabbard was beautifully crafted, scallops of warn stained cherry wood set in pale ram to give the illusion of swirling cherry blossoms, it was family heirloom, one she happly stole from her family.

At a glance Robin look like a modern day Robin Hood complete with bow on her back and quiver of arrows on left shoulder. Robin looked English, but if anyone were to look closer they could see they could see glimpse's of her Nipponise Ancestry.

Robin preferred to dress fashionably rather functionally, a brown corset and brown trousers and a green metal chest plate, which had engravings of branches and leaves giving the impression of a forest, she also wore matching metal plating on her sides of her arms and the front of her legs, again fashion over function. Many professional mercenary hated her and her success because of this, while amateurs were offtem inteimidated by her. Her excuse was if nothing could hit her, she might as well look good.

She decided to enter the Star, seeing Ramos for help was one thing, seeing Ramos and being late was another one completely.

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

Robin walked through the tables chairs filled with countless people admiring Colette and Cassandra's magic show. Ramos was waiting for Her at an empty table a bottle of her favourite wine next to two empty glass.

"Good evening Amaterasu, please take a seat"

"My name is Olivera Queen now or Robin Hood" Robin sat opposite Ramos, while he pour a glass of wine for himself and Robin.

"Well if you will ignore your heritage. I'll assume you haven't heard about your family?"

"No, what have they done now, let me guess they've finally made a sword for someone"

"Not quite" Ramos threw a newspaper onto the table, Robin read the head and gasped in horror. She hated her family, she was always the black sheep in the family, the outcast, the unwanted child that rebel against the tradition of an old family of Anchant Nippon.

"Your entrie family is dead and all of their swords destroyed. I'm sorry to tell you this, but i'm sure whoever did this, killed your family because your legacy and if whoever did this, I'm sure will be coming after you next. As a member of the movement I will provide you with tools to defend your self." Ramos placed a small orb onto the table, with a click of his fingers the orb opened up into a six legged insect a small gun was hidden inside it's mouth. Ramos handed Robin a large green bag.

"This bag is filled with these steampunk flyers"

"Perfect, goes with my eyes"

"Also I know you can only build swords for those you see worthy, but if you can, the movement could use your swords"

"I'll see what I can do, now about why I brought you here, Ramos"

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

oooh intriguing....I am liking Robin too!

More, more, more!!

Good to see you like it

It is strange on the writing side. It's strange trying give hints and clues, but also making sure I don't give the plot away.

Also I should of asked this in the Dragon Warrior, but what did people think of Sam?

As an additional note these events happen at the same time as the beginning of the first book

Now for what you want :D

"Sonnia Criid, had recently tried transport the body of the pharaoh, Nyarlathotep from Egypt to Malifaux. However when ship reached GPFC - 32, two weeks ago."

"I'm well aware what happened Robin, it made front cover of The Malifaux Record and it's strange. I know pirate attacks aren't uncommon, but this attack was more stavage, also most if it was mawled by wild animal, than pirates" Ramos took sip of his wine, before refilling his glass.

"Not quite, Sonnia showed me the case files. The many that died that day, died from causes unknown, while all of the bodies were covered in burns, no would have killed anyone, it was almost as if their souls were ripped out of their very bodies. Not only that, but two days ago it, a retired Freikorps Librarian from GPFC - 32 by the name of Draco Magnus, was seen in Malifaux getting off train from earth. When Guild officers were sent to question him, they were found covered in burn marks, just like the people of GPFC - 32. By any means I need to be careful of Draco, but capturing him is not my job. Sonnia has reason to believe that, he or those he is working for have Nyarlathotep and are taking him by a union train to Ridley Station and from there east to a place called Kyhera"

"You want me want me to get you on to that train don't you"

"If you could, please Ramos" Robin finished the last of her wine.

"Yes, that wouldn't be a problem. Out curiosity how have you and Sam been? More wine?

"Yes please" Ramos filled Robin's glass with wine

"Thank you, yeh me and Sam have been doing well, we have had our problems like any partnership, but overall we've been going strong"

"Good, good. Before I leave to meet Marus at the Hollow Marsh Pumping Station. I have one more thing to tell you" Ramos took a sip of wine and took several documents out of his briefcase.

"I did some research into your family history, to see if you had any enemies. Just so you know you have a lot,"

"Figures" Ramos gave Robin a scornful before continuing like nothing had happened.

"Tracking your history wasn't difficult, pretty your entire family was killed when this first breach to Malifaux and those that did survive are all dead. Leaving you, as you know, the sole survivor. Anyway I found this story about one of your distant descendants, the Anchant pharaoh Nyarlathotep was kingdom was threatened by an Ancient demon. No was ably to defeat the Ancient demon. Until a warrior from the east found her way into Egypt, many say this warrior was also Nyarlathotep lover, but this isn't always the case. With the warriors help the pharaoh was able to track down tilhe demon, when they did the demon tricked the pharaoh, the two became one, a creature called the crawling chaos and the warrior had to kill the man she loved. Records say she soon left Egypt, traviling west until she reach England where she settled down." Robin look at the files on the table, they contained pictures of hyroglifics of the story Ramos was told, the warrior he mentioned was dressed like that of an ancient Nipponise warrior, both the warrior and Nyarlathotep had swords of her family's make.

"The Sun and the Moon"

"Excuse me?"

"The swords they are using, it's there names. Mine are called the wolves and my bow is called the dragon" Ramos cleared his breath before talking again

"My point is, someone, be it Neverborn, guild or Reserrection, possibly within our movement or someone else entirely wants you dead, so watch you back, find out who they stole the pharaoh and it's possible you might uncover those that conspire against you" Ramos finished the last of his wine and then stood up and began to leave.

"Enjoy the rest of the show, I hope this is not the last time we meet. Can you give my regard to Samantha"

"Will do Ramos" Robin sat alone, on stage Colette was performing a beheading trick on Cassandra.

End of Chapter two

Edited by Sliver Chocobo