The Dragon Warrior

Sliver Chocobo

Of vampires, cults and the 47 - Prologue

First part of long running story, more to follow after this

The nephilim sat and stared at the flames, the cold wind that came through the cave didn't bother him. The purple flames danced before him.

The nephilim, Nicolas Bolas Wasn't the biggest of nephilim but neither was he the smallest, he had reputation of being a mighty warrior and a great leader, at this moment he was being tested.

The creature opposite Nicolas disgusted him, at first glance she was a beautiful woman, fragile and delicate, dress in a simple white gowned, that seemed to make look as fragile as glass. A pair wings stood on ether side of her. None of these bother Nicolas at all only her faceless head did, it was unnatural, how could anything with eyes see, or ears hear or a mouth talk. Many were fearful of the faceless angel of the north, but her ability go foresee the future rivalled that of Zoradia herself.

"You need to be patient, Nicolas, the flames will tell you what you need to know in time. You just need to be patient" the angel whispered to Nicolas

"I have been patient for the last hundred years. Do not tell me to patient for any longer, it was your fault she was trapped on the other side of the breach"

"She was looking for a cure for her condition"

"There isn't a cure, so why did you tell her one existed on earth"

"She doesn't want a cure, she wants you to love her" Nicolas sat silently, until the angel spoke again "her fate is enterwinted with that of a hero of the people. She called herself Olivera Queen or Robin Hood, but none of these names are real. She works are bounty hunter at this adress" she handed Nicolas a scrap of paper

"Very well" Nicolas stood and began to leave the cave "before I go, is there any thing you forgot tell me?"

"only to beware the heroes assistant she is not what she appeares"

"You should know if you have fabricated the truth in anyway to met your own ends again I'll"

"You will do what Nicolas, kill me?" asked the angel "I'll like to see you try" Nicolas left the cave silently. The angel cleared the flames, the words 'R'lyeh shall rise again' burned into the ground.

"Can't say I didn't warn you, Nicolas"

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

Likey Likey!!!

A good start and sets up the (hopefully) coming events well. As for the faceless angel (?) why not just give her a name such as 'The Lady' or 'She who Knows' or something like that.

I always thought characters like that shouldn't have regular names, as the vague description ones give more of a mysterious air!

Keep it up!!

Time to return to Nicolas

As Nicolas left the lady's cave, he took another look at the note, he reconised address on it from one of many of the posters for the Star theatre, this Olivera Queen must be there or at the very least close to it. Right in the heart of Malifaux, this wouldn't have been a problem for some Neverborn, but his wings, tail, cloven hooves and reptilian face made it impossible for him to blend in, the only way to get there would have to be through the sewers. Nicolas looked around the snow was too thick to risk flying.

"It's going to be a long journey" Nicolas muttered to himself, he wrapped his coat around him and headed towards the city.

After walking a mile, he realised that someone was following him, he knew the risks coming this far into mountains, it was too close to December followers.

Nicolas took out a soulstone from his pocket and drew in the energy, purple flames pulsed out of it, temporally disspeling the storm around them. Before him was a Titan of ice and snow and acolyte of December, the Titan shambled towards him.

Nicolas's hands ignited into two balls of purples flames. He swiftly dodged a swing from the titans claws, quickly followed by a punch to the titan's knee, chest, he dug his claws into the titan's shoulder pulling himself up he claved the titan's head off of it's shoulders, a coloum of flames from Nicholas's mouth, reduced what was left of the titan to water.

The acolyte fired it's harpoon Nicolas hitting him in the shoulder, black blood splattered eveywhere, using his other arm, he grabbed the harpoon chain dragged the acolyte towards him before he tore it in half.

Nicolas roared as he pulled the harpoon out of his chest, as he licked the acolytes blood from his claws, his wounds slowly started to heal and Nicolas continued his way towards the city of Malifaux.

Cause I'm on a roll,

It took day for Nicolas to reach the edges of Malifaux and after four hours sleep he had managed to navigate the sewers and reached the adress just after nightfall, but not without costs, he had drained all of his soulstones of power. A smouldering body of a creature constructed out of rotten flesh. He was certin that certain that Olivera's house was right above him. He focused his power becoming a nightmarish spirit.

Silently he drifted up through the sewers and into Olivera's house. Inside a was young woman with short red hair, she was twenty at the most, Nicolas couldn't help but think she didn't belong in Malifaux, he became caporeal again and silently crept up behind her and placed one hand around her mouth.

"Hush, don't say anything, I'm not here to hurt you, I need you help me, so when I take my hand off of your mouth promise me, that you will not scream" the girl nodded and Nicolas removed his hand. The girl rolled away from nicolas, this let him get a good view of her, she was pretty, not beautiful just pretty, soft and tender like that of a Rose.

"Can you tell me your name?"

"Samantha, or just, or just Sam" she mumbled.

"Ok Sam, so I'm looking Olivera Queen, do you know where I can find her?" he looked into her eyes, she was scared, Nicolas didn't blame her, but there was somthing else she was different.

"You mean, Robin"

"Robin" replayed Nicolas

"Yeh, yeh it used to be her stage name, when the two of us were dance partners at the Star, well we are partners, not, not in that way, we work together as mercenary, well she is the mercenary, I help her out at home, she is seeing a friend at the Star at the moment, she will be back tonight and if you hurt me me, she will hunt you down,"

"And I'll stop you there Sam, I don't want hurt you or Robin. The thing is I'm looking for someone I love, and I have been told that her fate and Robins and been intertwined and stay with Robin long enough I will be able to find the one I love"

"Wait, Neverborn fall in love"

"Yeh, we do, I lost her a long time ago"

"Why and how?"

"What do you know about Vampires?"

And I'm going leave it there cause it's twenty past midnight and need to go to bed, night ;)

Continuing from where I left it

Sam and Nicolas stood together in Sam's living room, it was small and had very little in, an Aethervox sat on a small table in-between two chairs in the corner of the room.

"Before you start, is it all right if made a cup of tea for myself and if you would you like a cup as well, I don't know if Neverborn drink tea, do you drink drink tea"

"I have been know to drink some when occasion calls for it. I'll have mine with milk and two sugars, thank you." Sam left the room leaving Nicolas alone in the room. He had a quick look around the room, the only pictures were of Sam and another woman with green hair, Robin?

"So are you seeing anyone Sam"

"Pardon?"

"I was just interest learning more about you"

"No, I'm not, well I am, but the not sort that's widely acceptable with humans. I really don't want to talk about it"

"Sure can I ask you how you came to be in Malifaux then?"

"I used to work as a maid in the south of England, right up until a took a red hot poker to the face of my employer and killed him"

"Not quite the innocent girl as you appear are you Sam?"

"Honestly, everything I remember from before I Robin, doesn't feel like the're mine, it's almost if the're someone else's" Sam walked into carrying two cups, she handed one to Nicolas before sitting down.

"How did you meet Robin, Sam"

"I was being attacked by a Neverborn creature, some sort of living shadow, in fact it should of kill me, I blacked out and the next thing I remember, I was at the star with Robin she saved me. What was that it that attacked me?"

"We call them body snatchers, they are invisible and obey the orders of the Lady, they feed on memories and emotions of the're victims" Nicolas left it there, he didn't want to worry her more than he needed to.

"wait, the Lady I know her, she's that creature I've seen In my dreams, she looks like angel, but she hasn't got a face"

"Yeh, that's her what does she tell you"

"she tells me to stay close to Robin, I need to be here for her, who is she"

"A powerful Neverborn, most of us don't trust her, we only go to her for help, if we are desperate enough. I don't think many humans know about her, but she knows all about you, her spy's are every where and they hear everything" it was at point an explosion tore through wall behind Nicolas, sending him crashing ontop of Sam. Looking behind him he could see a figure dressed in Freikorps armor, he could see this monster mouth, it long and reached back towards both ears flames rolled in and out of it's mouth as it breathed. It had no nose and it's eyes were enlarged.

End of Chapter one