Portland Players?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok neverborn have a creature called alps. They are nightmares and they have an ability that if you activate near them,you make a willpower test or become slow. you take negatives for each alp after the first within the range of the slow. Now if you become slow,each alp within...4 inchs i think,causes one wound. now the dreamer has insane amount of manueverability and the ability to place multiple nightmares within 6 inchs of him witha very easy cast.

So the dreamer flies up,drops off 5-9 alps around a couple of your models. They activate,take a test with 3 negative flips. If they fail,they become slow. when they become slow they take 5-9 wounds,and armor and object doesn't help because its only 1 wound each time.

Now if your models manage to survive,if they take a walk action or strike action,they take another 1 wound for each alp within the range.

So basically...anything caught in the middle of this valid but incredibly annoying tactic melt into nothing in no time flat.

And if you spread out your models,then he can drop the dreamer on them one at a time and annihilate them.

So its a damned if you do,damned if you dont situation. hence the brainstorming on ways to stop it.

It is a trick. If done properly it is very very difficult to stop. But it isnt a guarentee. I don't think there is a "most powerful" list. It is quite competitive granted. But you have to be careful and set it up properly...it is easy to screwit up however.

And if you use the alp bomb list,and do screw it up,your opponent will take great joy in destroying you for it.

*shrugs* We get the job done. It might not allways be pretty. It usually wont be fast,but we get the job done lol.

Now though I do want to try out some guild models for a while. So far Perdita and Sonnia are the next two on the list to try out. So if saturday you could bring the guild goodies I would be most appreciative.

As for a game thursday I would love to,but unfortunately I cant =(