Pitch your Fifth Master ideas.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel there is a definite lack of Indians for a Western setting. Therefore I quite like the idea of a Ressurectionist Shamen. I think the original settlers when the breach first opened could have brought indians as slaves to work the mines, one of which is the Master's ancestor. He travels though the breach to commune with him and finds out how his ancestors were mistreated. So he raises them up to get bloody vengence. You could also work heavily with the Croatoan mythology. With Guild outposts going quite, when they get investigated there are no bodies just an empty camp with the word Croatoan engraved in the post.

I do think a Indian Shaman would be an interesting master. You could even introduce two of them,one of them a ressurectionist as Ratty recomended,the other a Arcanist or Outcast,being able to use beasts and spirits. Brothers perhaps,but two very different outlooks on life and effects from coming through the breach.This one calls on actual spirits somewhat similar to Kirai but perhaps as a spirit dance. The more AP you spend on it,the bigger and badder spirit you can summon.maybe give him casting expert or fast,and an option to spend 2 wounds to do a third cast for the dance to summon the bigger spirits.

Another possible option would be a Shaman themed around storms with a focus on being caster-centric. a counterpart to Sonnia or Rasputina.

I feel there is a definite lack of Indians for a Western setting. Therefore I quite like the idea of a Ressurectionist Shamen. I think the original settlers when the breach first opened could have brought indians as slaves to work the mines, one of which is the Master's ancestor. He travels though the breach to commune with him and finds out how his ancestors were mistreated. So he raises them up to get bloody vengence. You could also work heavily with the Croatoan mythology. With Guild outposts going quite, when they get investigated there are no bodies just an empty camp with the word Croatoan engraved in the post.

Well for one playing a Cowboys and "Indians" brawl would be awesome in my book.

I think on the Neverborn side, they have the Soul covered with Big Z, the Mind covered with Pandora, Dreams are obvious, and the Physical with Lilith. On a continuing theme, I would go with Heart (Love/Lust). I know that the Malifaux Cherub is supposed to be "Cupid", and then we've got Lilitu.

Maybe like an Athena type figure. Beautiful, but cross her and she flays the skin from your bones...

I'd definitely like to see another master from the Three Kingdoms, and there's a ton of cool thematic elements to pull from the Asian cultures, and it can fit in with the "western" frontier style elements as well, like migrant rail road workers, herbalists, geishas, wizened fu-manchu sporting opium purveyors...Ninjas!

I'd definitely like to see another master from the Three Kingdoms, and there's a ton of cool thematic elements to pull from the Asian cultures, and it can fit in with the "western" frontier style elements as well, like migrant rail road workers, herbalists, geishas, wizened fu-manchu sporting opium purveyors...Ninjas!

Ten Thunders definitely needs a crew.

I still think the westen/Jesuit styled Zelot-priest with a few fat Friars and some Ruler toting Cloisterd nuns would be bad ass

give them abilities like

Cast out, Exercise(m), holy water explosions

Truth is a Sword Melee ability

Guardian angel totem

only hire LIVING

plus flips agianst Neverborn

I'd like to see a master whose entire stat card is based exclusively on '80s hair metal.

He could be like Bad Juju's twisted sister, Kaja GooGoo.

Who could excel at silences.

Being a child of the 80's, and a huge fan of Hair metal, I say this would be awesome!!!

So many possibilities, groupies, leather pants, high pitched screaming, VD...

Arc

I love the idea of the Indian shaman. Some thing that goes well with joss would be awesome. Perhaps some form of techno Indian tribe. Firebird as a totem :) As a side fun thing give the model 4 different cards. Earth, fire, wind, water You pick one to start and as the game goes you can take an all action to change him over to another form mid game.

NB

A school teacher and more models like Kade and Candy. Ruler as a weapon and some ability given to NB children so they make crafts out of people.

Res

Phillip headless and all. Could have some bonus so when fielded with molly he gets his head back.

I'm also on the Indian Shaman theme bandwagon. (see my Joss thread in the showcase) I like Ratty's idea as well as the brothers idea but I think that should be a deeper plot for later since it would just be Kirai all over again. But maybe just a "good" resurrectionist. We don't have any good resurrectionist per say. Everyone is out to command the dead. So here is an idea for an Indian shaman who speaks to the spirits and asks them to help, never forcing them. A Direct opposition to Kirai. Or, another idea might be to make him an Arcanist but with a special rule that they can hire spirits and beasts.

I still think the westen/Jesuit styled Zelot-priest with a few fat Friars and some Ruler toting Cloisterd nuns would be bad ass

give them abilities like

Cast out, Exercise(m), holy water explosions

Truth is a Sword Melee ability

Guardian angel totem

only hire LIVING

plus flips agianst Neverborn

This is a great idea

I'v had a master ready but unwritten (I aught to take the effort to post him). An Arcanist master, The Gambler/Stranger/Somesuch. A card-playing, magic-pistol using, hard drinking master who wanders in without explaination and leaves with his purpose done. He would have a large number of hand manipulation abilities (Dueces Wild: All twos now have all suits) (Aces high: All ones are now also 11s), plus the next upgrade on the magic bullet ladder.

I also support werewolves, but as minions and in Arcanists. Those transformation rules are just BEGGING to have more models.

::points two fingers at his eyes, then at EricJ::

I'm also on the Indian Shaman theme bandwagon. (see my Joss thread in the showcase) I like Ratty's idea as well as the brothers idea but I think that should be a deeper plot for later since it would just be Kirai all over again. But maybe just a "good" resurrectionist. We don't have any good resurrectionist per say. Everyone is out to command the dead. So here is an idea for an Indian shaman who speaks to the spirits and asks them to help, never forcing them. A Direct opposition to Kirai. Or, another idea might be to make him an Arcanist but with a special rule that they can hire spirits and beasts.

Fluff-wise it's very easy to differentiate two individuals, but how would you differentiate them on the field?

And I'm all for the Res idea, also.

More elementalists seem likely.

I'd really like to see a neverborn spirit henchman, based either on Peter Pan or the Goblin King, that uses various faerie inspired minions. I'm talkin' old school fair folk that work horrible glamours on humans to trick them into horrible deaths. I'm thinking a lot of size small and 50mm swarm bases, which could be a really different play style too.

I'm still keen on the yakuza henchman with the ninja special forces idea I pitched in the last one of these threads though.

Since the game has a lot of history/terror themed masters, probably stick i that line, Dr Jekyil, Jack the ripper, etc. My dream (since i am mexican) is an old legend in diferent parts and historic periods of Mexico, the story is about a lady that killed her 3 children, people then killed this lady with stones, and she came back from the dead crying for her children and taking live children for her own, in center of Mexico she is known as "La llorona" the woman who cries, in the Yucatan peninsula, she emerges from a Ceiba tree and she is called the X`tabay, some say she`s beautyfull with a white dress some say she has a black dress and a long hat with a veil, she`s the perfect master for Malifaux. There is a lot of info on the net of this lady, check it out, you`ll love the fluff!!!!

I like the idea of a Peacekeeper who gets corrupted by the energies of Malifaux, gains sentience, and runs off to raise an army of machines based on designs from Old Malifaux. It would be a neat Neverborn crew.

I have been thinking about this kind of master a lot, but more as an outcast. Having a themed construct-arachnid crew. I love the necropunks and would love to see a master who is a sentient one but summons creations like that. Kind of like an arachnid version of Levticus without the need to kill himself every turn. This might also be a good version of Levticus's avatar.