Malifaux Tournament - Birmingham, UK 4th June 2011

Clousseau

It's only Me & Ant from H'gate, and Mike from Leeds, who I don't think you'll have met.

I'm really sweating as I have a choice between bringing McMourning or Chompy.

I was sold on painting my McMourning crew up and bringing it to the event. However I'm running out of painting time rapidly now and given the size of the prize my filth instinct is kicking in. :D

That and I'm really struggling to get a McM list into 55ss that can compete with the big boys at all the strategies... Hummm.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only Me & Ant from H'gate, and Mike from Leeds, who I don't think you'll have met.

I'm really sweating as I have a choice between bringing McMourning or Chompy.

I was sold on painting my McMourning crew up and bringing it to the event. However I'm running out of painting time rapidly now and given the size of the prize my filth instinct is kicking in. :D

That and I'm really struggling to get a McM list into 55ss that can compete with the big boys at all the strategies... Hummm.

Yeah, I was going to run my Zoraida crew to take it easy, but with a Nightmare LCB up for grabs I may have to roll with Pandora or Hamelin.....

Yeah, I was going to run my Zoraida crew to take it easy, but with a Nightmare LCB up for grabs I may have to roll with Pandora or Hamelin.....

Hamelin?!After our last game..........I reckon Pandora might be a stronger candidate!

And now confirmed, I am free to play!

So next question is hotel?! 1 night prob, due to cost :-(

Ticket booked, three players coming from Leeds / Harrogate in total now.

Just want a a quick clarification on the rules pack;

RAW I only have to include models I hire at the start of the encounter into my 55ss list. In other words if there's a model I can summon I don't need to put it on the list in order to be able to summon it in game?

Eg: Suppose I'm playing Kirai (I'm not), if I don't include Shikome on my 55ss list can I still have Kirai summon one?

- James

Yes. Same as a normal game. The 55 point list just limits the starting 35 points.

Now we have 2 clubs with 3 players I suppose I'd better find a team prize!

Make you a deal, I won't bring Chompy if you don't bring Pandora?

Much as I love Tina she's not one for tourneys.

A Rasputina crew will be provided for anyone taking things too seriously! Or maybe Somer?

Rasputina would be a challenge, then again so would playing blindfolded - neither of which I'm inclined to do :D

Make you a deal, I won't bring Chompy if you don't bring Pandora?.

Don't know what you're worried about - worked out fine for you last time I recall :)

Take Marcus! :D

Erm..... :hahaha:

I don't know, I may take Neverborn and run Zoraida unless I get Craig, in which case I'll be opening up Pandora's box ;)

Truth I really want to run Hamelin, but I've never got past turn 3 in 85 minutes with him. I'll try again at the club on Monday and see how it goes (Dave - you free for 85mins on Monday?)

Quick question..Johan, one of his special rules is that he does not cost more for being hired out of faction if hired by an M&SU master. As that is his rule and not a Master's hiring rule, does it apply for tourny?

Obviously Colette's rule about hiring M&SU members out of faction wont apply, but will the minion's own rule apply? Normally Johan costs 5ss to say Colette, so 6ss is fair enough, if its 7ss that is quite a price rise compared to normal!

Thanks for clarification...

@ Drake - Dues Paid does not apply as a particular crew you choose may not contain an M&SU member (note - member not master) in the same way that different masters affect some crew members SS points but will cost the same in this type of tournament list.

In response to a couple of queries I've decided that June releases WILL be allowed. However I cannot guarantee that they will be available, so please provide 2 alternative lists, and clearly let me know that you wish to get these models at the show if they are available. I will arrange with SMG to have the models available when you sign in.

Remember - you can use a suitable proxy model, but you must have an original card.