Any questions or criticism of the fluff?

nerdelemental

well one of my favorite charecters (since i started reading the chronicles) is Molly. I know she has alota bad stuff floating around her (big bad mr.Seamus) mainly for bein at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wanna know, does she ever get in touch with that ancient being that put her closer to the undeath stuff? also is she conversin with what i think she is when she talks to "Phillip"? and does she ever get rid of that bad chaff she has thats attatched (seamus)?

I have a question about Jack Daw, he is so iconic of Malifaux now is he one of the original inhabitants of Malifaux, came through when the breach first opened or something else? (I'm expecting you guys to say something else :))

Thanks for this thread Malifaux is such a rich and interesting setting that all these stories and more information really help build it to more than just a game for me. I know my wife cant understand why I'm reading the same couple of books a few times over and also the chronicles.

That's a question for Keltheos. Daw is his baby and brainchild. I'll prod him soon.

well one of my favorite charecters (since i started reading the chronicles) is Molly. I know she has alota bad stuff floating around her (big bad mr.Seamus) mainly for bein at the wrong place at the wrong time. I wanna know, does she ever get in touch with that ancient being that put her closer to the undeath stuff? also is she conversin with what i think she is when she talks to "Phillip"? and does she ever get rid of that bad chaff she has thats attatched (seamus)?

answer: :)

Can you tell us more about the Gremlins and how quickly they seem to be adapting to things...and is it possible they will continue to mimic other figures they see as powerful (similar to the Ortegas and the Lacroixs)?

That's also a Keltheos issue. I don't handle gremlins well. :(

Ok, serious question (sorry to give you a hard time, poking fun at myself really) does the passage of time differ in Malifaux from that on Earth in any way? I always kind of wondered that after reading in the first book that there were still signs of battle when the breach reopened 100 years later.

I had to start a small crisis group for some of the ones he handled. :dead1:

Jack Daw: You'd expect us to say 'something else', eh? I'll have to use Nerd's :) to answer that one. There's more on Jack to come, believe me. Let's just say there wouldn't have been a second opening of the Breach without Jack.

Gremlins: They adapt very quickly. The original human settlers ignored them as little more than rabble and vermin (note the way the Guild treats and regards them, a holdover from the 'old days'). They've definitely been stirred up by all the goings on over the past year in Malifaux, so much so that the time it takes to adapt to and mimic/copycat something (I like to call them "industrious copycats") seems to be speeding up. What that might hold for Malifaux, you'll have to wait and see. As far as them copying in-game other characters, their proximity to the Ortegas has really given them time to study the Family's actions. I wouldn't rule it out completely, but don't plan on it any time soon.

Edited by Keltheos

Ok, serious question (sorry to give you a hard time, poking fun at myself really) does the passage of time differ in Malifaux from that on Earth in any way? I always kind of wondered that after reading in the first book that there were still signs of battle when the breach reopened 100 years later.

That could be for a variety of reasons.

The humans could have survived for a while with no support from Earth, before they were destroyed

They were destroyed and then the City was just left as it was for 100 years and nothing was moved.

Time travels at a different rate.

Gremlins: They adapt very quickly. The original human settlers ignored them as little more than rabble and vermin (note the way the Guild treats and regards them, a holdover from the 'old days'). They've definitely been stirred up by all the goings on over the past year in Malifaux, so much so that the time it takes to adapt to and mimic/copycat something (I like to call them "industrious copycats") seems to be speeding up. What that might hold for Malifaux, you'll have to wait and see. As far as them copying in-game other characters, their proximity to the Ortegas has really given them time to study the Family's actions. I wouldn't rule it out completely, but don't plan on it any time soon.

:( Give us Gremlin versions of Rasputina :)

We know that disastrous transformations have occurred when a human crosses the breach, and we can assume that farmers would bring livestock over the breach with them.

Has there been a case of a non-human creature going all Ryle upon breaching?

I can't help but wonder if Nerdelemental is also grabbing ideas from questions we post?

We know that disastrous transformations have occurred when a human crosses the breach, and we can assume that farmers would bring livestock over the breach with them.

Has there been a case of a non-human creature going all Ryle upon breaching?

I'm pretty sure that it was alluded to that sometimes a person of high latent potential might get burned out or all of a sudden manifest some kind of great understanding of magic. For the Hoffman brothers, both happened.

So, yeah, but no other specific character was named. Just some would-be traveler.

I can't help but wonder if Nerdelemental is also grabbing ideas from questions we post?

Ha!

Not exactly. I'm working on the book you'll see in 18 months.

And you probably couldn't even begin to guess where that story arc is going.

Although some snippets here and there do let me know about small issues of confusion that I can pretty easily mollify in the storyline. Mostly it was good to see a voicing of what other kinds of stories you all want.

That could be for a variety of reasons.

The humans could have survived for a while with no support from Earth, before they were destroyed

They were destroyed and then the City was just left as it was for 100 years and nothing was moved.

Time travels at a different rate.

I'm liking two and three...although two might not taken long...

How is Zoraida viewed by the general human populace? Obviously she hangs out at her hut in the Bayou, but her interactions with Viktoria would indicate that she also visits the city to play the role of a fortune teller. Is that what she's mostly known for, and are there any groups that recognise her as an enemy, ie. a Neverborn threat?

And what about the Gremlins? Her rules would suggest that she's pretty apt at manipulating them. Is she someone the gremlins are afraid of? Or is she viewed more as an ally, friend or even some kind of myth or goddess?

And what about the Gremlins? Her rules would suggest that she's pretty apt at manipulating them. Is she someone the gremlins are afraid of? Or is she viewed more as an ally, friend or even some kind of myth or goddess?

Probaly either some sort of godess or she just mass mindcontrols them

Must resist urge to make boob goddess joke

We read a lot about the "Old West" towns but there is still something missing. Besides Joss, there are no Native Americans! With the plight the Native Americans went though and since so many were treated as criminals, any opportunity to escape through a breach would probably be taken. There would also be a number of them that would have been brought through the breach as labor.

With that, some steampunk Native Americans with a bison totem would be awesome.

With that, some steampunk Native Americans with a bison totem would be awesome.

QFT!

What an amazing idea! The thoughts behind the idea are very well constructed too.

This thread has led me to think more on the fluff and things that are going on "behind the curtain" if you will. Most of the questions and of course the answers have been very thought provoking!

James.