Any questions or criticism of the fluff?

nerdelemental

Eric's final post in the Women of Mali thread was well spoken and articulated the nature of that beast really well. He does that.

Would anyone like to discuss elements of the fluff of the world more openly and criticise elements of the storyline in a constructive way or ask questions of me or the rest of the development team about the world?

I'm very willing to talk but you know I'm going to be purposefully very vague about many issues that you want answers to if they're questions that haven't been answered. Like, "Where's the Breach?" and "What happened to Lady J" and stuff like that will leave me smiling.

Asking for opinions about "Which is the most interesting character" might get better responses. Or, "I hate that Colette uses sex as a tool of manipulation" seems fair, too, and would garner discussion. So long as we don't flame at each other, just me (:wink: ) it'll be good.

I've already got plans working for the next story after the book you're anticipating right now.

This new thread can gently die away, or, if you have any comments or topics for discussion, fire them off.

I'm always interested in how much Ikiryo and the Lost Love are really who they claim to be. Ikiryo doesn't seem to be entirely part of Kirai's soul and with the ring in effect I think might be largly a tyrant masquerading as her vengence. The Lost Love I get the feeling is just her projection of Francis and not his spirit at all.

I really want to know more about the human form Neverborn. The first book makes Pandora, Lilith, and Zoraida sound like the Weird Sisters, the ones that watch over the threads of fate and manipulate man kind. But from Nekima's fluff be find out more about Lilith, but still not how she fits in with the other 2 and what they are really doing.... there is something huge planned... I feel it in my bones.

That and what is going to happen to Candy because that is freaky! Even Pandora is worried it looks.

in book one "The Union" Marcus says she was sentanced for drowning her own child and suspected of breaking Phillip Tombers out of the sanitarium and killing him

Killing Phillip was after she was sent to Malifaux (and I believe Lilith killed Phillip), the downing her own seem possible, is Rasputina married then? And did december kill her child

(where's that "can o' worms" smiley?)

Don't worry. Wait until you see how worthless my answers are. ;)

I'm always interested in how much Ikiryo and the Lost Love are really who they claim to be. Ikiryo doesn't seem to be entirely part of Kirai's soul and with the ring in effect I think might be largly a tyrant masquerading as her vengence. The Lost Love I get the feeling is just her projection of Francis and not his spirit at all.

I'm interested in that stuff, too!

And, yes, this is one of those things I very much hoped people would pick up on and speculate. There's clearly more to this story, huh? I think there's still plenty of storytelling to be done with Kirai and the ring and the lost love.

I really want to know more about the human form Neverborn. The first book makes Pandora, Lilith, and Zoraida sound like the Weird Sisters, the ones that watch over the threads of fate and manipulate man kind. But from Nekima's fluff be find out more about Lilith, but still not how she fits in with the other 2 and what they are really doing.... there is something huge planned... I feel it in my bones.

That and what is going to happen to Candy because that is freaky! Even Pandora is worried it looks.

I think you'll be pretty surprised with some reveals in the next book. Specifically with the relationship issues you're presenting but not at all the kind you're guessing.

in book one "The Union" Marcus says she was sentanced for drowning her own child and suspected of breaking Phillip Tombers out of the sanitarium and killing him

That's true. But how would he know for sure? She doesn't seem too interested right now in figuring that stuff out as she's fighting for her very life against December's takeover. He's possibly the most ambitious of the Tyrants and probably the most lucid. Knocking his 'possession' aside in Book II revealed quite a lot of chutzpah, though. It seems like she doesn't have strong memories of the past, too. Like she's not even sure of what she did. Oh, and her clothes actually do represent the fashion of the day for a normal woman walking around in the cold. NowRasputina could walk naked through Antarctica without much concern - but it wouldn't go over with my wife if I did that. ;)

What's really worth noting is: there seems like some good storytelling possibilities there. That means you can expect one of us to pick up that ball sooner or later. My guess is that you'll see me explore some of these very issues sooner or later. ;)

How can one country provide some of the world's best humor and at the very same time some of the worst?

:focus:

We are willing to stand out against the crowd and try something new. Some of the time it hits sometimes it misses. TBAH if it wasn't for Harry I would not have a clue what was going on in popular culture.

It's the same for music, we invented so many genres and amazing bands. Yet we also wrote Agadoo

[ame]

[/ame]

Oooh.. need to get back on topic, it has been decreed. Was Jack Daw killed by his wife Jill Daw?

Edited by Ratty

Rasputina had a child :puppy::bawling: my best pickup line is gone...

Seriously though, I was under the impression that Victoria killed December, via her special sword, at the end of book 1, and was rather surprised to find him alive, kicking and still possessing Rasputina in book 2. Is there any information on that you can share?

Did this "death" weaken him to the point that Rasputina could B-slap him into Snow, or was her overpowering December more due to the wave of power from the Event? Perhaps a combination? December won't be very happy if he gets out.

Seriously though, I was under the impression that Victoria killed December, via her special sword, at the end of book 1, and was rather surprised to find him alive, kicking and still possessing Rasputina in book 2. Is there any information on that you can share?

Did this "death" weaken him to the point that Rasputina could B-slap him into Snow, or was her overpowering December more due to the wave of power from the Event? Perhaps a combination? December won't be very happy if he gets out.

I've always thought that it wasn't December in book 2, but a manifestation of Rasputina's power that embodied in the form of December because the two things are so closely linked.

My intepretation was that he wasn't trapped in Snow Storm but was forced into that vessel instead so fled from it but a tiny part of his essence was left behind. So in theory he'd already be out and not very happy :)

As for his previous death in Book 1, that was more a death of his latest manifestation I thought. Whatever stopped him from dying completely the first time around doing so again the second.

My intepretation was that he wasn't trapped in Snow Storm but was forced into that vessel instead so fled from it but a tiny part of his essence was left behind. So in theory he'd already be out and not very happy :)

As for his previous death in Book 1, that was more a death of his latest manifestation I thought. Whatever stopped him from dying completely the first time around doing so again the second.

That's actually pretty good. Not quite right but good.

December's first physical incarnation was in Book I. He was pretty uber and might have been unstoppable. The Matsumune was supposed to kill him - and it did. But just that physical incarnation. If it didn't go down that way he might have been able to continue his real plans unimpeded - not by the rest of the puny human annoyances, but by the slower to rise Tyrants that were a step behind him. Like The Gorgon, Grave Spirit, and now the Plagued. They're all different but probably equally powerful and with different plans. Revealed in Book II - they mean to ascend and achieve some kind of dominance in the next plane [sort of thing]. Plagued came close but revealed his impatience.

Back to the question: December wasn't impatient. He took physical form believing he'd be able to slow down the others and then have no problem doing his business on his own. He didn't foresee the sword which was foreseen by Zoraida. And he did not at all foresee how strong and defiant Rasputina is despite choosing her exactly for her strength.

In Book II he decided he couldn't wait any longer and with the invigoration of the Event decided to just take over Rasputina in the same [kind of] way Plagued took over Hamelin. She couldn't stop him but knocked him aside at the last second and drove him into a Silent One - girls just like her but without a voice - thus considerably weakening him.

So, like he did at Kythera, there's now SnowStorm - a kind of weaker facsimile of what might have happened if 'Tina didn't stop him. But it's just a reflection. The disembodied form of December is still roaming about.

There you go.

Not that I haven't given this one some thought or anything.