Coolest mini you have seen...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we should distinguish that this is the coolest mini not the coolest paint job. But i have to get in on this one. I love this little guy. I own him but am too intimidated to paint him yet cause i like it so much. ( admittedly probably not everyone else's style)

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/gallery/v_7967_SnailCartographer.html

Studio McVey's Ruby is probably the coolest commercially available figure I know of right now.

French Golden Demon winners always catch my eye though, and it would be tough to say exactly which is the coolest there. It's just something about the color pallet that they use and the technical skills that they bring. Check out the 2010 Slayer Sword winner.

That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Crystal Brush Awards brings out. A world-wide competition with a $10K prize has a lot of potential, in my opinion.

The only miniature to make me really exclaim "WTF", Kingdom Death's "Wet Nurse". I'm really curious to see what kind of board game this develops into. I really like the grotesque more mature themed miniatures out there. Quite a few Hell Dorado minis I could add to this list as well.

Edited by PhineusPhule

So we should distinguish that this is the coolest mini not the coolest paint job. But i have to get in on this one. I love this little guy. I own him but am too intimidated to paint him yet cause i like it so much. ( admittedly probably not everyone else's style)

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/gallery/v_7967_SnailCartographer.html

Yes. I specified coolest 'sculpt'.

Only problem with McVey is that they are all Limited Release... I would never bastardise them by only painting and basing them to tabletop standard...

As for the 2010 UK? GD giant, that was 99.9% sculpt... but perhaps we should keep these to commercially available in future?

You can see at the WIP photo at the end of the pic, that majority of the mini is cutom made from GS or another putty, so I presume, that it never got to any production, just fan made.

Exactly. It was a unique sculpt done by a hobbyist for entry into Golden Demon painting and modelling competition 2010... and it won overall First Place - Slayer Sword