Coolest mini you have seen...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what! the pose isnt stagnant! it is also widely acknowledged about the quality of the sculpt. not that that has any bearing on my opinion but should be taken into account.

it is beautiful and the base is pretty cool too

I fully respect that you are entitled to your opinion, but I do not understand the love for General Adept Nemo (epic? Hardly...)

I have even held this mini in my hands this day and a scratchbuilt base could outdo the base you lust for. Neither is the sculpt grand. Certainly, the claok is flowing in the correct direction, but he seems to be casting at the ground. Also, what is his trailing hand (right) doing?

I fully respect that you are entitled to your opinion, but I do not understand the love for General Adept Nemo (epic? Hardly...)

I have even held this mini in my hands this day and a scratchbuilt base could outdo the base you lust for. Neither is the sculpt grand. Certainly, the claok is flowing in the correct direction, but he seems to be casting at the ground. Also, what is his trailing hand (right) doing?

I imagine that he is actually sliding down the piece of machinery using his right hand to either balance himself or cast a spell or he's standing on the area saying "bring it on"

I just think its a great looking model and of course a vast improvement on the original

I have a few favorites. First off, there's this beauty from Studio McVey:

2439198.jpg

They do a lot of excellent work, but this one is my favorite.

There is also "Grace is Gone" the pregnant cyborg from CMON:

cmn0058a.jpg

Which gives us both great execution of a very odd concept.

There also used to be a lot of great stuff from Confrontation (before they killed their line for pre-paints, which then died a horrible death).

ophidians_sygma_l.jpg

And then again, Jason Hendricks has given us some pretty outstanding sculpts. I'm not sure that any of them beat out the Dire Troll Mauler Extreme:

DTMEX_Big.png

And then again, everyone knows that the best faces on miniatures are sculpted by Tom Meyer, and he does some of his best work for Dark Sword. Here's my favorite from their range:

grrm_5005_MarikeGC2010_comp.jpg

(also one of my top favorite paintjobs. Good work Marike Reimer).

I'm honestly not sure what my favorite Malifaux mini is. I think it is Ramos, and I'll probably sit down and paint him this weekend. Of course, the best painted Malifaux mini I've seen is definitely Eric John's own Ramos:

WYR3001-500x500.jpg

So, I think we may have established that I can't quite decide.

Edited by odinsgrandson

Wow beaten to the punch on McVey's Ruby over a week before I even noticed this thread.

Since no one's mentioned them yet, I have to put up something from Smart Max. Their whole range is so epic its hard to pick a favorite but... I guess I'll go with this guy:

pdtimg_752174b.jpg

Also unmentioned so far is Eden by Taban miniatures. This guy is my favorite of theirs'

sigujana1.jpg

but I think this guy is their most popular:

Grey%20Daimyo-1.jpg

Oh and it bears mentioning that I think the Kirai box and the Freikorps are definitely as amazing as anything else out there.