Rasputina Help

Tango

I have decided to pick up the Rasputina box and I have a little extra money to pick up a few models in addition to it so I can have some options when building my crew.

I have about $40 USD left to buy some stuff. I'm trying to get enough for a rounded out 30-35SS list but I just don't know what to get even after reading over the tacticas in order to maximize my dollars.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Ok so I am looking at Essence of Power, Cerberus, 2 Hoarcat prides and a Silent One. Is just one Silent One enough or should I get two? Also, what about December Acolytes?

Thanks for your help!

2 Silent Ones can work, Acolytes are situational. Quite a lot of the time there is absolutely nowhere you can put them.

I don't really think I'll ever use the Acolytes unless I have a very specific use for them based on the Strategy/Schemes. But even then, I think something like the Silent Ones are better.

Personally, I'd start with the Essence and 2 Silent Ones (the box set plus these 3 is 35 SS, interestingly enough :D). The Cerberus is a good choice too though.

I would proxy the Hoarcat prides before you buy them. They don't tend to feature much in the lists that are posted on here, and I have never seen them being played, which must say something about them.

I think the models look great, but unless you are running a crazy cat lady list (Rasputina + as many Cerberus and Hoarcats you can squeeze into your list), I think they have a limit use, especially if you are adding them to the starter set.

Edited by Buck Dog
me no spell too good

^ Agreed, I started not too long ago myself and picked up a Silent one and a Cerb, I haven't even used the Cerberus yet because the Silent One is soooo helpful. I keep my Silent One, Golem, and Rasputina together because the Silent one has an ability that increases your ranges by 3". And that includes on frozen mirror. So now you can blow stuff up sooner! Essence of Power makes your blowing up more damaging as well as giving you an extra spell. Its cheap points wise so whats not to like about that.

More on the Cerberus, he's awesome, I'm just afraid to actually use him. I'm weird like that. But yeah you want to pick him up too.

(In case you didn't know, Ice Mirror lets Rasputina cast through Gamins, Golems, and Silent Ones.)

Edited by NeverEnding

I keep my Silent One, Golem, and Rasputina together because the Silent one has an ability that increases your ranges by 3". And that includes on frozen mirror.

This is kinda open for discussion at the moment. The ability specifically says Rg, not range, which leads me to think that it only applied to abilities that explicitly have a Rg stat - specifically spells and ranged attacks. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but lacking clarification that's how I'm playing it for the moment.

Had my first game with Rasputina and it went really well. I drew Slaughter and he drew Claim Jumper so it was just a big slug fest in the middle of the board.

My opponent was playing Kirai straight out of the box and I was playing Rasputina straight out of the box. By turn 3 I had reduced his crew to Ikiryo and Kirai.

Ikiryo was then killed by a shattering gamin.

He knocked out Rasputina and my last two gamins in turn 4 leaving just the Ice Golem and Kirai to face off. He drew initiative and summoned Ikiryo who killed my Ice Golem which ended the game.

He had only Kirai left on the board with 4 wounds.

Was a very fun game.

I know I'm way too late with this reply..

.. and I know everyone else's been praising the Cerberus, but I'd really suggest either Coryphée or proxying the Mechanical Rider instead (you don't have to take both Coryphées although just one of them is really squishy and will require some careful playing).

To have considerable speed with the Cerberus you need masks, but those should be used for Rasputina any way - the Cerberus is also rather squishy.. I just don't like it that much ¬¬ in book1 it was almost our only option for speed as Rasputina players, but that is not the case anymore.

I also really don't know why people suggest the Hoarcats either.. They're only good for a cat-themed list with Rasputina, don't add much to her crew as a whole.. I guess the reason that people take them is because they're painted in wintry colours and that Rasputina came with one Hoarcat waay back in the day.

I'd also suggest a Silent One as there's alot of utility hidden in them, again a bit squishy though :)