Possible Tournament in Birmingham, UK

Clousseau

I'm looking into the possibility of running a Malifaux tournament at the UK Games Expo show in Birmingham. This would be on the Saturday of this 2 day show (4/5th June).

Due to the high cost of hiring a room I need to know if there's enough interest, before I take the plunge.

Cost would probably be £20 including 2 day entry to the show (one of my favourites incidentally), based on getting the 32 entrants the room can take. That would allow for a reasonable prize fund, plus whatever sponsorship I can get.

I'm also looking at running the whole tournament using the Terraclips scenery (if it is available by then).

I have a few other ideas, but first I'd like to judge the interest level. I need to make a decision by end of february, so please post your interest ASAP.

Edited by Clousseau

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. I can confirm that the tournament will be going ahead.

Tickets will be £8 plus show entry (£5 for the day, £8 for Sat/Sun I believe). Need to wait for the shows ticketing system to go live in April.

Prizes will be sponsored by Simple Miniature Games.

Initial thoughts are 35SS with fixed crew (maybe) and 3 games during the day. I'll post another thread once I get my head together and create a tournament pack.

More details soon...