Tactica: Sonnia Criid

yames

The fall back rules in general are pretty terrible and game-breaking as is. I hope they get a re-write in the next version of the rules - which I hope comes out soon, as everyone around here is holding off on new purchases until it comes out...

As for dealing with pandora, Sonnia has a lot of answers, but yeah, the governor's proxy plays a role in most of them!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Something I have been playing around with when I use Crid -

Crid or Totem(like the totem version for this myself as its an early activation, saving Crid for other dutys) casts a flame wall

Granny Ortega uses Obey to walk unactivated model into wall - it takes 3 damage.

Model will activate in a flame wall and takes another 3 damage.

Not especially easy to get off all the time, but is cool.

also i have been testing out my crew of destroying there hand and it works great for that part i can keep them at little to no cards and unable to cheat but im lacking killing power. I have only been able to get some quick 25ss games in were im short on a extra hitter but im looking at a set up something like this at 35ss

Cridd 7ss

Executioner 7

Hopkins 8

lawyer 7

Daw 10

its lacking model count atm im thinking of droping hopkins for 2 stalkers since they also have drain magic but they dont have arrest.

Daw is expensive but he gives alot of control with severed ties and strikes making them discard at least 1 card possibly 2. as soon as you can you throw him into melee with there most important model and pop severed ties as soon as possible each turn so you can keep them from breaking away

the Executioner is still iffy with me on this list it goes with his decaptate realy well and he already hits hard but they tend to focus him really fast (why wouldnt you)

lawyer realy makes um think once he gets there and uses some censers defitnly has proven its worth in this list

Im going to fool around with it some more here soon once i get back home from my trip to cali

• 4 weeks later...

Im gonna add to this mainly because I wanted to write a sonnia tactica XD and she is my favorite master too.

I actually have great success with a Student of Conflict as my totem for her. Now I know he costs 4 to bring a long with her BUT at the time its needed it can really make up for its cost. I usually love having him activate and give Sonnia fast and watch her obliterate an entire force. For my normal crew (Sonnia, SoC, Sam, Nino, and 2 stalkers) I found out that the stalkers make great harrying unit and will most of the time also be good objective takers. Nino is my minor minion killer with a dab of Master hate (not even lilith can stand up to a CB of 9 from 16" away) and Sammy is my big threat eliminator. Most of the time with Flaming Bullets you can get a min of 15 damage from all three hitting something (and if you point him at something big he will hit all three times) I've also learned that pointing him at the high cast masters always makes them burn SS not to get him ( with a cb of 8 and 6/7/8 damage against a majority of masters) he is something that shouldn't be messed with.

I also always tell sonnia players to max out there Pool, I never wanna go anywhere under 8 SS with her because you will generally need to use them in defense of yourself or to Guarantee you can cheat that severe for damage. I always seem to fight Ressers at my store so H2W gets a little annoying to constantly see when trying to get blasts on the board.

In terms of freikorps I think the librarian would be a good addition. because you can pitch a bad card to its suit generating, and have it give :+fate to your master or use it to make healing flips on people that are hurt. it also brings blasts. The only problem is that it costs 9, so it would be good to bring in a big game or if your trying something new

Considering the insane damage output of Samael...does anyone ever use his spells? I've yet to come across a situation where magic bullets doesn't trump arrest or snare, but I really like the idea of beartrappin' stuff, so I don't want to write it off just yet. Any experiences with this?

• 3 weeks later...

So tried out my first game with Sonnia. Found some important things out.

First and foremost,Letting Samael shoot a Master is a one way trip to pain town for that master. Almost pulled off a one shot kill on Perdita,only thing that saved her was a soulstone.

Of course,this meant that she turned around and obeyed the hell out of him and made him shoot the living hell out of sonnia. Note to self,keep sonnia near Samael or way the hell away lol.

I've noticed one thing about shooting Masters, leave that to Nino XD he has a much longer range, stubborn and a Cb of 9 when using In My Sights, plus he can stay outta range of almost any spell.

Also as for damage, if a player has to use SS to save there master from getting hurt, I consider that far more damage then a bullet can do any day. Especially when people run so few extra on there masters. Putting our friend at an advantage with extra ways to prevent or add power.

I would see snare being useful, any master with a low CB or no kind of switch would be good, alas I have no experience with the spells since I mostly use Sam as a Rapid Fire Junkie. I could see them be useful, just not in any case I've seen.

So tried out my first game with Sonnia. Found some important things out.

First and foremost,Letting Samael shoot a Master is a one way trip to pain town for that master. Almost pulled off a one shot kill on Perdita,only thing that saved her was a soulstone.

Of course,this meant that she turned around and obeyed the hell out of him and made him shoot the living hell out of sonnia. Note to self,keep sonnia near Samael or way the hell away lol.

ur last bit about keeping sonnia near or way the hell away is defintly getting edited in there lol very good advice

I tend to use sonia more for her fire walls..and supporting my killers santiago nino samuel..in a pinch charging with soniaa is nice she is pretty good with her sword..its a very cat and mouse style game between theese..know your distances get your strategies don't jump the gun and panic..

Well,as I play Freikorps alot,I would say That Sammael would be a good choice. Also,if your opponent keeps the librarian in von schill's slow to die bubbble,you have to kill her before she activates so she wont have an easy ram on the cast. Also make use of the witchling stalkers. they can give the negative cast ability to make it more likely for her to fail.

Try and seperate them with the fire walls. use the violation of magic since their magic resistant and armor wont help.

Im gonna add to this mainly because I wanted to write a sonnia tactica XD and she is my favorite master too.

I actually have great success with a Student of Conflict as my totem for her. Now I know he costs 4 to bring a long with her BUT at the time its needed it can really make up for its cost. I usually love having him activate and give Sonnia fast and watch her obliterate an entire force. For my normal crew (Sonnia, SoC, Sam, Nino, and 2 stalkers) I found out that the stalkers make great harrying unit and will most of the time also be good objective takers. Nino is my minor minion killer with a dab of Master hate (not even lilith can stand up to a CB of 9 from 16" away) and Sammy is my big threat eliminator. Most of the time with Flaming Bullets you can get a min of 15 damage from all three hitting something (and if you point him at something big he will hit all three times) I've also learned that pointing him at the high cast masters always makes them burn SS not to get him ( with a cb of 8 and 6/7/8 damage against a majority of masters) he is something that shouldn't be messed with.

I also always tell sonnia players to max out there Pool, I never wanna go anywhere under 8 SS with her because you will generally need to use them in defense of yourself or to Guarantee you can cheat that severe for damage. I always seem to fight Ressers at my store so H2W gets a little annoying to constantly see when trying to get blasts on the board.

In terms of freikorps I think the librarian would be a good addition. because you can pitch a bad card to its suit generating, and have it give :+fate to your master or use it to make healing flips on people that are hurt. it also brings blasts. The only problem is that it costs 9, so it would be good to bring in a big game or if your trying something new

added this to the main post thanks for the input MadArcanist

Has anyone proxied the Desperate Mercenary with Ms. Criid, yet? He costs 2 SS and can be quite mean for his points. If he gets low on health (and you want him to so that he gets his + attack flip), you can use his ability that sacrifices him at the Closing Phase, go to town on the enemy, and either Violate him to get a 2 SS Witchling or have Sonnia kill him with an Inferno or Blast to get the healing flip when he dies.

I really like the Desperate Mercenary and will likely try him out in many of my lists, but I thought he had a lot of potential for sacrificing himself for Lady Criid.

I was flipping through my cards and noticed something about Samael that seems significant.

His Flaming Bullets spell is his only (0) Action and it last until the end his next activation.

It seems like it will usually be worthwhile to attempt to cast the spell even on turns that you don't plan to shoot with him (i.e. first turn when nothing is in range), so that if you succeed you won't have to worry about it the following turn.

Of course, there isn't much reason to not attempt every turn.

A change came into play with the Rules Manuel about Subjugate too, it now states:

This Scheme must be announced.

If Sonnia Criid Summoned two Witchling Stalkers by casting the Violation of Magic Spell on two enemy models during te Encounter, you score 2 VP

thanks for reminding me i will need to go and redo a few schemes i think ill edit this one in real quick tnight

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I need your Sonnia knowledge. In a few weeks I am playing in a tournement using Sonnia. Its a 35 point tournament with a 20 ss side board.

Right now I am thinking of taking this.

Sonnia

Death Marshal

Death Marshal

Death Marshal

Peacekeeper

Ryle

Watcher

That gives me a 7 soul stone cache. Do you think that list will work also which models should I include in my 20ss side board. Was thinking stalkers for magic and spirits but not sure what else.

Nice read. I really like Sonnia's Boxed set as the models are simply elegant.

Do you need any more than 3 Stalkers due to her summoning spell (asking because I or my bro might start her with just the Box set).

Her playstyle looks very explosive...I guess Michael Bay would love this girl *rimshot*

Yeah, lame joke, but I had too.

Edited by Da Big Baws