How to Demo

zKoTTe

I have planned 2 demos tonight and i honestly don't know how to demo in this game, it's so complex compared to what im used to demo in (GW/PP).

I have 2 Masters from my Neverborn and 136SS of models, It's Lilith and Zoraida, it's those i'm planning to use.

But how to do it?

How many models should i use?

Which rules should i not use?

What scenario?

Basicly... How do you make your demos? It's kinda important i do it right, it's the store manager i'm going to demo, and if i succeed, he will sell it in his store!

As Ratty says, use a small crew - and don't put in too much variety (My favoured demo crews for eally basic demos are LJ + 3 marshals, Sonnia + 3 witchlings or Rasputina + 3 gamins) (Just bough Lilith so we'll have to see what works with her)

Keep things simple for an introductory game. Participants should get to understand actions (move, shoot, cast, melee) and triggers. Ignore strategies and schemes (but explain what they are and how they influence the game beyond the simple 'kill everyone' situation of the demo). If there's time, run the demo again with a strategy and maybe an additional model.

Here is my con demo approach

1) Tell the person a little about the game. Both background and mechanics

2) Show them the basics of the duel with a small combat between two simple models. Just to show them how a duel works and how triggers work.

3) If they want more, from there I give them a quick game with a Master and two minions per side.

Aside from what has already been mentioned:

Might want to play on a smaller table (2' x 2') that is preset with both models and terrain (to emphasize what you want, combat, triggers, etc). Also when I demo I try to emphasize the differences Malifaux offers (ability to win without the usual kill everything approach, recommended ammount of terrain and additional tactical challenges it provides, etc).

I demoed (SP?) a WM/H player today, i said $$$$$$$$ it, you have learn all the things about this game, so we took a complete 20ss game and spent 2 hours that way :)

Because we did it that way, alot of audience came by and got interrested, in one game i recruited 4 people :)