FS:Walpurgis Night Malifaux Goodies: Corpse & Scrap Counters

JMGraham

Hi all -

I'm in the process of slowly gathering the swag for the 4/30-5/1 Malifaux tournament in Bellingham (see here for details: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17828). As part of the tournament, I'm trying an "exploding swag" concept - I'm putting some of the swag up for sale before the tournament in order to generate funds to get even more swag for the folks attending the tournament. If you're going to the tournament (and I hope you are), you'll be getting the stuff I post here at the tourney. If you're not attending - this is your chance to get it!

First in are some custom-made engraved wood corpse and scrap counters. These are made of 1/8" thick basswood and are 30 mm in diameter. They are double-sided - one side is a corpse counter and the other side is a scrap counter. I must say, they turned out quite nice!

counter1.JPG

counter3.JPG

counter2.JPG

If you're interested in getting some of these, shoot me a PM or an e-mail at jim(dot)graham(at)wwu(dot)edu . I'm selling the extras I have for $10 for a set of 5 double-sided counters. If you toss in a couple of extra dollars per order, I'm happy to ship them to you. Alternatively, if you'll be at an event in the Pacific NW that a Warhamster is attending (like, for instance, the upcoming Malifaux get-together at the AFK Tavern) then I can arrange to have them hand-delivered if you give me enough warning.

More to come as the swag is developed!

Thanks! I reckon it's CNC, but it's not a homebrewed machine. I sourced the manufacture out to a laser-cutting/engraving shop. It does, however, make me wish I had my own machine. I've got tons of cool ideas that would be fun to play around with. It would be an expensive hobby, though!

Just as a heads up: Due to interest, I went ahead and ordered an additional 50 of these to free up 50 of the stock reserved for the tournament for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all -

This just in: Strategy counters! This is a set of 11 laser-etched wood counters that cover all of the strategies in Book 2. The set includes:

1 50mm Supply Wagon counter

3 Evidence counters

1 Treasure counter

1 Claim Jump counter

5 Dynamite counters (these are double-sided markers, one side marked as "unarmed", the other side marked as "armed")

Attendees of the Bellingham tournament will get a set as part of their swag. If other folks are interested, I have an additional 20 sets available for sale. I'm asking $18 for a full set. Ray will be bringing some with him to Wadder's store opening tomorrow (Friday), along with some scrap/corpse counters. If you'd like me to ship some to you, I can ship 1st class for $2, or priority for $5.20. Just drop me a PM with your preferred payment method, and I'll get you the info for Paypal or snail-mail, as you prefer. Remember, all proceeds go to a really good cause - namely, the prize table for a great Malifaux tournament!

strat1.JPG

strat2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Just a friendly neigborhood bump.

I've got 15 sets of the strategy counters and 7 sets of the corpse/scrap counters left. We most certainly will not be making more, so get them while the getting is good!

In about 3 weeks, I also expect to be able to post the extra 13 custom card decks that we're having made. Keep an eye out for them (though, not in a Coppelius kind of way).

• 2 weeks later...

We're making a custom fate deck for the tournament. Think "club dice" but as a full deck of cards. We're only ever going to make 35 decks - most will be given away to tournament participants, 13 or so will be available for sale (again, to cover some of the production costs and help fund the prize table). Each card has a different face. Should be very cool!

A teaser:

mask.png

Hey all -

Cards are ready! There are 12 available for sale. Cost is $20 per deck. A bit pricey, but these weren't cheap to produce :( As usual, the proceeds go to fund the prize table for the tournament. I'm out of corpse/scrap counters, but have 7 of the strategy token sets left. If you're interested in getting some strategy counters along with a deck, I'll give you the strategy counters for $15 instead of $18. Shipping will depend on location, but it seems that $5.20 priority flat rate boxes (or $14.00 flat rate to the UK) seem to fit stuff pretty well. First class is cheaper - 2 or 3 dollars for domestic. If you're interested, send me a PM!

AFAIK, this is the first custom deck produced for Malifaux. Plenty of clubs have custom dice. I reckon (and hope) that many clubs will have custom decks in the future. However, if those bad boys ever become collectible, these will be the holy grail! Plus, they're cool!

The number of icons on the card faces correspond to the numeric value of the card. The colors and fonts used match the respective factions. The Guild is represented by guns and nooses. The Ressers are represented by skulls and bones. The Arcanists are represented by cogs and gears. The Neverborn are represented by voodoo dolls. The jokers are variations on our club mascot - a hamster with a knife strapped to its back (with the Outcast font). The red hamster of rage, and the black "you're doing it wrong" dead hamster.

The cards turned out wonderful! They are sturdy 300 gsm plastic coated cards. Very rich and deep colors. They are the size of a poker deck (2.5" x 3.5"). They come in a hard plastic case.

Just to let you know about the "luck" infused in the cards: I'm a Resser player who uses a convict gunslinger. My first hand of 6 cards after shuffling was: 13, 11, 9, and 3 of Crows; 10 and 9 of Masks. Those of you who play know how unbelivably awesome that opening hand is! :)

Only 35 of these decks exist. 23 are reserved for the tournament attendees. A dozen will be available for sale - once they're gone, I reckon they're gone. Given the minimums required to produce these, and their cost, we've got no plans of reprinting (though I'm already planning the custom deck for next year!).

Photos of the cards follow:

Card Backs (That'd be a hamster skull and crossbones):

card1.JPG

Hodge Podge of cards:

card2.JPG

Rams:

card3.JPG

Crows:

card4.JPG

Tomes:

card5.JPG

Masks:

card6.JPG

Hard Plastic case and cardboard sleeve:

card7.JPG

Edited by JMGraham
Price entered incorrectly - corrected

Wow, these are awesome! If I lived across there, I'd definitely buy a deck!

Custom deck for the tournament is a great idea too, I might do the same in the future. Do you mind PMing me the details of the company that printed the cards for you? I couldn't find any in the UK making plastic coated ones.