2-Day Malifaux Tournament in Bellingham, WA 4/30 to 5/1

JMGraham

My wargaming club (the Bellingham Warhamsters) will be putting on a 2 day tournament in Bellingham, WA. I’ll update this page on a regular basis as new info becomes available. If you’d like to help advertise (or just want to look at pretty pictures) you can find a flyer by following THIS FINELY CRAFTED INTERWEB LINK.

The Bellingham Warhamsters Present:

The Strange Case of Phineas Tillinghast

A Malifaux Grand Tournament in the Narrative Style

Date: Walpurgis Night, April 30th through May 1st

Time: 9 AM Saturday to 4 PM Sunday

Location: Eagles Games; 221 West Holly St,, Bellingham, WA; Store Phone: (360) 671-1913

Cost: $30 before April 21st, $40 April 21st and after

Size: Due to planning constraints, the tournament will be capped at 20 participants. Sign up early to reserve your spot - we expect it to fill up!

The Proper Attitude The Warhamsters take their gaming seriously, but value fun and camaraderie above all else. Thus, you are encouraged to bring an attitude conducive to an exciting, fun, and relaxing weekend. Please check any must-win attitudes at the door. We have some great microbreweries and an amazing donut shop within walking distance of the event site, and random gaming and shenanigans is likely to keep us up most of the night. Meet new friends, visit old friends, but above all – have fun!

Rules:

• Select one Master to use for the entire weekend.

• Select a pool of up to 50 soulstones of models .

• Game sizes will range between 25 and 45 soulstones, depending on the scenario.

• All models used (not including summoned models) must be selected from the initial pool of models.

• All models must be fully painted (at least 3 colors) and based.

• First round pairings will be random (or grudge matches); subsequent pairings will be determined by total victory points.

• More details will follow, but expect interesting scenarios linked by a narrative.

Prizes for Winners: In the typical Warhamster spirit of challenging but non-competitive “good times” we’ve intentionally removed incentives for trouncing one’s opponent. Instead of showering the winners with prizes, winners just get trophies. Three trophies will be given:

Best Gunslinger – The player with the most victory points for the weekend

Best Lookin’ – The player with the best looking crew (as voted by the players)

Best Storyteller – The player who is the most fun to play (as voted by the players)

Prizes for Everyone: Rather than showering the winners with prizes, we’d like to shower EVERYONE with prizes! As Eagles Games will be donating the space to play, more than 100% of the proceeds of the tournament will go into swag, giveaways, and prizes. How is it possible to get more than 100%? We’ll be trying something new. In order to build interest in the tournament (and generate additional funds to create more swag), we’ll be selling some of the give-aways before the tournament. That way, those unable to attend the tournament can still get some of the cool swag, and in doing so create even more awesomeness for those attending the tournament. While we don’t want to give away all of our secrets ahead of time, expect:

• A custom-designed deck of cards (kind of the Malifaux equivalent of custom dice)

• Custom engraved wood counters

• A custom miniature sculpted and cast for the tournament

• A terrain piece, objective, or two.

• And more!

Of course, some of the proceeds (and generosity of the sponsors) will go into the prize table. The plan is to have a variety of good stuff (including a boxed set or two, some blisters, etc.) and determine who gets first pick by raffle. There should be enough that everyone walks away with something from the prize table.

Enough already, man, how do I sign up?: The attendee list for the tournament is currently full; however, if you'd like to be put on a waiting list, please send an e-mail to jim(dot)graham(at)wwu(dot)edu with "Malifaux GT" as the topic (and, of course, replacing the (dot)s and (at)s with the appropriate symbols. We'll be asking folks who are on the current attendee list to make payment by March 31st. At that point, we'll contact folks on the waiting list if there are any openings. We'll be accepting payment in advance using Paypal, but don't send any money until you've been cleared by Jim - we don't want folks sending money if there aren't any spaces left. Alternatively, come by the Eagles gameroom any Tuesday evening between 5pm and 10pm or so and pay in person (if Jim's not there, just about any Warhamster will do - just make sure they know what it's for and WHO it is for).

Purchase cool swag to help fund the tournament by following this link

Follow the progress of the terrain and swag by following this link

Attendees

Paid List:

Mark Hanford (Mach5)

Tony Penksa (tpenksa)

Steve (Yarbicus)

Ryan (Onayr)

Chris (BrotherSir)

Josh (kogre)

Andy (Android)

Dan (Veskit)

Matt (Goblyn13)

Riley

Evan (stark1261)

Ray Bannon (Rage)

Corey (VonVilkee)

Darren (Distaff)

Ryan Budd

Adam (Malsqueek)

jasonbeauchene

Jay (Jay)

Nathan (nathonicus)

Dark Alleycat

walpurgis.pdf

Edited by JMGraham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update - a list of attendees has been added to the first post. We're pretty close to our tourney maximum in regards to those who have expressed interest and reserved a spot (19 out of 20, but only 10 of those have paid so far), but it's always possible that some of the folks expressing interest will be unable to attend for some reason or another. In other words, if you're interested in attending, drop me a line and I'll be happy to put you on the list (and we can develop an "alternate" list if need be).

Looking forward to it - it should be a great time!

Updated the first post. The attendee list is currently full. Unfortunately, because of venue restraints, we do have to hold the field to 20 people. However, if you'd like to be put on a waiting list (to be serviced starting April 1st), let me know. We do plan on making this an annual tournament that we hope to see grow in size over the years; as such, expect there to be more space next year!

• 1 month later...

One spot unpaid, and Dark Alleycat has first dibs. If he says "No Thanks", it;s yours, Hippieshooter. FWIW, this first year is something of a trial. If it goes over well (and it seems that it will), we'll go bigger next year. We definitely hope it will be an annual thing.

Ill be sure to bring my minis if I head up. They are next on the ever growing painting block so hopefully Ill have some colors splashed on them. Just waiting on some base inserts from another company. The way it goes I may it may be the next time I get to play.

Wohoo! We've got a full roster, folks!

I'll have more details, including a schedule, directions, and a "need to bring" list posted later this week.

The Participants:

Mark Hanford (Mach5)

Tony Penksa (tpenksa)

Steve (Yarbicus)

Ryan (Onayr)

Chris (BrotherSir)

Josh (kogre)

Andy (Android)

Dan (Veskit)

Matt (Goblyn13)

Riley

Evan (stark1261)