Livonia, MI RIW Hobbies Feb 5 Mali Tourn

nerdelemental

Just a question/clarification on the "Love is in the Air" special rule... I'm planning to bring some gremlins. Can I assume that pigs/undead pigs/mosquitos would also fall into the category of constructs in that they wouldn't count either way? I suppose that this question could be further extended to any beast/vermin models.

For humanoid models assume if it has breasts it's female. For non-humanoid beasts and such consider them gender neutral (unless you've converted them to be anatomically correct, then tell/show your opponent prior to the game beginning)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been planning on attending this, but somehow got the dates mixed up in my mind. My sister and bro-in-law are in town (from China!) and I'm going to be busy... And I had just bought a pair of Viks to grow my Freikcorps to the size I needed for the tourney...

anyway, you guys usually play on Tues nights, right? how big a game do you usually play? 30-35ss?

I forgot:

Several items of interest left behind now in my possession:

1 tape measure. If you're missing it and can describe the measuring device ;) then it must be yours. Otherwise, thank you for giving me yet another tape measure (oops, I gave away the description....).

Some stupid Apple I-device running a really dumb zombie farm game that looks tailor-made for a child. Probably Shortmann's, I guess. :P

lmk if either are yours and I'll endeavor to get the errant tools back to the appropriate tools.

Hope you Toledo guys (and gal!) had as good a day as I did and your drive home was without incident other than taking a bit more time than usual. On one of my school breaks I'll try to gather a couple of our locals to drive down for a Toledo game room invasion. Tuesday night or we'll do a Saturday invasion! You're a good group.

Kudos to Jamie, too, for taking FIRST place in our event in October and coming in LAST place yesterday (if rumors are true - I didn't hear as I was finishing a Vince asswhoopin)! My game with him was pretty fun. I'm used to playing aggressively, dumping my army in the opposition's face, but you running Kirai had me pretty scared to move. Looked like you were equally fearful. Love that "15 minutes" call when we both decide to unleash.

Vince's game was a ton of fun, too. Vince, I think you and I play really similarly. Everything you did on your half of the board seemed like exactly what I would do. Which makes me realize I must be a pain to play against. ;)

I have a rules issue we bantered about yesterday that I'll post more on here in a minute!

Lure

A good number of us got wrapped up in a Lure discussion and debate and I don't think I explained it well, so thought I'd drop it here just in case.

a successful Lure forces the opposing target model to move its walk toward the Luring model. Not "directly toward". By definition, that means the target model must move the shortest route possible toward the Lure. You cannot move 5" to the side, but .25" closer and say "It's closer". Every incremental move has to be toward the opposing model by the shortest route possible. However, the model isn't dumb and won't purposefully put itself in danger so it'll walk around dangers to itself. Good for the Lurer, too, though, since it's not "directly" toward, it'll not be so dumb as to hit the corner of a building and stop all confused. It'll walk around it.

In my game with Shortmann, there was question about Luring a model into the lava rivers. Still cannot be done, even if my model got surrounded by opposing models and the only path to walk was into the lava. It'd get to the edge of the lava and wiggle in place incrementally until it exhausted its movement (checking for sure, but I'm pretty positive).

As I said yesterday, "toward" is still stronger than "directly toward" in almost every circumstance on a normally populated Mali board. It means that the target model is almost assured to be its full Wk closer than it began. Neither side should expect shenanigans, though. It's just to get your model closer. It's got an 18" range and really solid casting. It's strong. Don't try to break it. It's already good enough. :)