Zoraida and the Silent One

Vaari

I have been in search of a new Master and have set my sights on Zoraida.Her ability to obey and general trickseyness have great appeal. I had started out as an Arcanist, but have decided to put Raspy on the shelf till models for Kaeris and the Gunsmith come out.

Then those bastards released the Silent One.

So I am going to begin fielding non-fluffy, points inefficient list that looks like it could be a lot of FUN( the operative word in gaming!). We play 35SS at my LGS.

Zoraida

The Silent One (6) 7

Ice Gamin (4) 5

Ice Gamin (4) 5

Alp 3

Alp 3

Alp 3

Doppelganger 8

34 SS - Soul Stone Cache 6

The plan is avoid big confrontations and to hunt objectives more than anything. Of course my opponent will have other plans. The plan is to tie down fast moving enemies with the Aips, then gun them down with the silent one and the gamin. The doppelganger is there for extra obey or spells, either laying down the hurt at range, copying flight for position etc.

I am without a heavy hitter, and could always drop an Aip and the Doppelganger for a Mature Nephlim but I don't want to go down that road unless it proves absolutely necessary.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar list or insight to using the Silent one in conjunction with the Silent One?

Edited by Vaari
Spelling fail.

Point taken.

I was intending on using the Alps as a defending wall for Zoraida and the Doppell, slowing down whoever came at them, then obeying them to move to hurt themselves or turn on their friends.

The Silent One and Gamin were to be my mobile unit initially, to tie up/kill things that would be hazardous to Zoraida, who on turn 4+ can quickly hurry around the board to fulfill any scheme and strategy requirements.

By avoiding confrontations I meant I would try to avoid toe to toe battles, rather seeking to tie up the opponent early then sneak in a quick finish. I have found that just going out for a pitched battle only suits the Guild, in most cases :)

But thanks for the critique, i'll just have to poor over the book some more to see how to make the Zoriada/Silent One combo work, they are just two awesome mini's that deserve to be fielded together.

Props for trying something fun, that's for sure!

But unfortunately, Zoraida can't hire constructs (ie. Gamlin). :(

When looking at the possible book 2 minions I didn't think much of the Silent One, mainly since most of her abilities synergise with frozen heart models. Once I have my book back with me I might give her a more thorough look.

Alps can be nice with Zoraida if played carefully. For example, try surrounding a model and then using Zoraida to obey the model to move ;) Or you can use Zoraida to tie a model in melee (as she's very hard to kill in melee) whilst the alps run up to join her.

Also, re Alps only working with LCB - you should see them with Pandora, it's not pretty at all - 9 wds on activation anyone? ;)

you need a voodoo doll asap, also, nobody talks about silurids, if you play them like coward gang goons and always send them in group, they can be devastating. I am waiting for collodi and wicked dolls to make a Zoraida/doll crew, but if not that way i stick with silurids 100%

• 5 months later...

What about this on 35 SS

Zoraida

Hamelin (Ratcatcher)

Hans

Silent One

Gamin

Insidous Madness

Think this one could realy hurt someone...

The Silent one giving Hans Frozen heart and more Range. The Gamin giving Hans more DG. And Hamelin, Zoraida and Vodoodoll make Hans Schouut and Shoot again... with 19 Inch Reach and minimum 4 DG on non armoured Targets...

Makes 6 Shots (2 by himself, 2 by Hamelin via Trigger and Obay, 1 by Doll and one by Zoraida) on a Round with hans... OUTCH...

Could be realy mean,...

As Rathnard pointed out, Zoraida can't hire Gamins since they are constructs.

I've been toying with the idea of taking the Silent One with Zoraida lately. Some really great things you can do are:

-Obey Freeze! This works especially well if you can get a Freeze Heart and Turn to Ice off first. Essentially what you'll have then is an ice statue of an enemy with a Defense of 1. That means your Freeze attacks will be at a +12 combat difference at the very least, giving you a positive flip to make the double negative flip only a single negative. Makes the blasting much more likely, and keeps a model in place for a turn :D

-Obey Turn to Ice. Useful for hitting things as I illustrated above, but also useful for getting people out of combat as models affected by Turn to Ice don't make disengaging strikes, walk, charge, or take pushes.

Of course the North Wind can be useful as you've proposed by giving Hans more range. It could also work similarly well with Convict Gunslinger and Stitched Together (though unfortunately Creepy Fog wouldn't get the +3 :P)