Introductions!

Mergoth

Hello everyone. My name is Mergoth, and I'm an alcoho- sorry, I thought it was Thursday! Wrong introduction.

Anyway, I'm from sunny Ireland where it's acceptable, no, expected that one is an alcoholic. I've been playing wargames for some 16 years, starting with 2nd ed 40k (I'm sure some of you whippersnappers didn't even know there WAS 40k that long ago. We had Zoats. Nothing to be proud of), and recently trying my hand at Malifaux with Seamus' crew, appropriately enough. I chose his crew as I felt we had something in common, what with my living in his homeland, being a snappy dresser, and our mutual attraction to women in Victorian apparel.

There is a strong gaming group in Cork city, and I know at least one of them (Jimmy I'm looking at you!) have posted here.

Since it's one in the morning here I'll take my leave.

Nice t' meet y'all.

Hi and welcome! Hope you're enjoying your introduction to Malifaux, and Seamus is a great place to start actually. He's nice because he's both relatively easy to learn, but has quite a few tricks up his sleave, and won't overpower or being totally overpowered by any other masters in the game. That and the minis and story for him are fun :D

But glad you stopped by to say hello!

Welcome welcome, I too am starting out on the path to Damnation with this game lol!

I see our very own 'Princess' has already said hi! Watch her, she can be very persuasive! ;)

I have considered Seamus as a crew (fantastic minis) but have decided on Colette and Lilitth for my first two.

And I remember Zoats......am I really that old??

Alan

tsf18spacezoatswd978801.jpg

most people try to forget these and you'd kinda hope that all the alcohol in ireland would help that

welcome i too share your addiction to alcohol and women in victorian apparel but i play collette and get drunk and find women in victorian apparel elsewhere...on a more appropriate scale...and side of living

Living? Boring. They, like, try to run away and stuff. A bit of chloroform does wonders though. How do you think I met my lovely girlfriend? Sedation > seduction.

On a slightly more serious note I do know the re-enacting crowd in ireland, so might actually be able to hunt down some victorians. I'm also toying with what picture to use as my avatar. I have a nice one of yours truly in 10th century viking outfit, with a pair of very fetching (if I might say so myself) woolen shorts. What d'ya say? Or do you prefer your eyes not bleeding?

My second crew (in post as we speak(or bloody well better be anyway)) consists of Lilith, Lelu, Lilitu and a Teddy. So all your Neverbord propaganda is for naught! I'm hoping it'll play like my 40k daemon-zilla list.

Yay! *cuddles Mr M) Welcome to the dark side my friend, i hope you find it most enjoyable ;)

Would you care for a lollypop?

*giggles at previous posts* i think it would be rather amusing to have my eyes bleed....

i can help with this without the pain you need three things burt's bees wax eye stuff (this is expensive you may want cheaper stuff but make sure it contains wax), graftobian blood powder (pretty crap colour but it's great that it magically goes on invisible with a blusher brush) and a menthol tear stick (ok i lied about the pain this stuff stings like a really stingy thing but it works wonders and great if you need to wake up in the morning and are way too sleepy)

step one apply your waxy eye stuff under your eye (this is important otherwise when the tears flow it will look crap the wax help maintain a droplet shape without it absorbing into your skin)

step two blush on the blood powder until invisible

step 3 mid game use the menthol tear stick to induce tears when the water flows over the blood powder it will turn bright red (will not really look like blood close up)

basically this is how crying blood is done on stage so it looks good from a distance film stuff they just pour a thin line of fake blood on and then roll camera as it's easy to edit out the application part....sorry if i've just ruined the illusion

oh and anyone playing hayzel be warned if she does this move your models away from her quickly the blood powder will stain

Living? Boring. They, like, try to run away and stuff. A bit of chloroform does wonders though. How do you think I met my lovely girlfriend? Sedation > seduction.

On a slightly more serious note I do know the re-enacting crowd in ireland, so might actually be able to hunt down some victorians. I'm also toying with what picture to use as my avatar. I have a nice one of yours truly in 10th century viking outfit, with a pair of very fetching (if I might say so myself) woolen shorts. What d'ya say? Or do you prefer your eyes not bleeding?

i know a few irish re-enactors too...also drunkards that will sleep with anything living or dead...is it a requirement of re-enactors in ireland i know the welsh ones have to be able to consume their body weight in alcohol over a weekend but sexual preferrences aren't mandatory

Well, I was part of moigh roth re-enacting group for a year or so before I moved. They weren't so much into the drink as being painstaking accurate (ie. going commando as underpants were not invented at the time(before you ask, I DID wear underwear at gigs)). I know that lads from Dublin could drink a whale under the table. At that stage I didn't much like to ask about sexual preferences. They might have told me.

Well, I was part of moigh roth re-enacting group for a year or so before I moved. They weren't so much into the drink as being painstaking accurate (ie. going commando as underpants were not invented at the time(before you ask, I DID wear underwear at gigs)). I know that lads from Dublin could drink a whale under the table. At that stage I didn't much like to ask about sexual preferences. They might have told me.

don't know the name of the group i used to go against been a while since i've done it myself but there weren't too many irish groups that came to the uk and they were pretty much at tintagel and a few other uk dates every year

as for the underwear thing i know where you're coming from try not to get killed near a dead hopalite or scotsman or for that matter any man in a skirt with his legs spread it's not a nice sight especially when most of the time you're fighting with a hang over as it is