Victory and Whirlwind trigger

Exxonvaldez

I don't have the card in front of me right now. Says you can strike "another" target. I read this as a target other than the target that the trigger was activated upon. My friend says somewhere there was an Errata saying she can strike the same target once more with it. I find this dubious.

What is the ruling? Same target as well as any other viable target. Or another target altogether.

I don't think you could Whirlwind off a whirlwind, since you can only activate one trigger per Action/Event (p.73)

I feel your frustration as I also have a hard time making use of a Whirlwind, as I usually don't want to take a Victoria in against more than one model, because when I do she normally gets killed.

I let all the other stuff do the hard stuff and bring them in to:

1) Soften stuff up with range and let something like Ronin dance all over it

2) Clean up/Finish something the Ronin started, I never go master on master with these girls unless something has softened them up first.

I don't think you could Whirlwind off a whirlwind, since you can only activate one trigger per Action/Event (p.73)

You can Whirlwind off a Whirlwind.... Whirlwind triggers an entirely new strike, which can then have its own trigger, in this case another Whirlwind. As long as you have a couple of opponents within range to pinball between and a handful of masks, then you can get off a lot of strikes !

But that new strike is not a "new" action. To illustrate my point:

1) Victoria spends 1AP to move, engages 2 targets.

2) Then Spends her second AP to Melee Strike and triggers whirlwind, that strike hits and would meet the suit requirements for a trigger. How can it trigger again if the rules state that per model per and per action/event, because the trigger off the triggered whirlwind is still part of the same action, the second AP spent.

At this point I would think that whole action is complete and now you move on to using your Melee expert AP that had the possibility of triggering one additional attack. Otherwise what limits are there on triggers other than you would have to pick one per action?

If you think about it you are equivalently saying that Rasputina can sit there and cast a spell as many times as she can keep daisy chaining the Overpower trigger, where would it end?

Strike in short for the (1)Strike action.

Triggering Whirlwind or Onslaught means you take a new (1)Strike action for free, ie. without paying AP for it.

Edit:

There's only one infinite chain in Malifaux, the others end quite quickly when you run out of the right suits. Go test it yourself, it's not as imbalanced as one might think at first when one is new to Malifaux.

Editide:

The exact same thing with Rasputina/Snow Storm's Overpower trigger. You'll run out of Masks.

Edited by Wodschow

If you think about it you are equivalently saying that Rasputina can sit there and cast a spell as many times as she can keep daisy chaining the Overpower trigger, where would it end?

She can, it's one of her strongest abilities.

Its the same reason Nino is so deadly. He can chain trigger happy shots over and over.

It ends when you run out of suits + values high enough to cast. So 13 a turn at best :)