Starting with Pandora...

M_Ruckuss

(Wodschow)Thankyou sir, mightily appreciated. Think I will give her a run tomorrow. I have been looking at the LofS models and love them (as well dopp and teddy-cant believe he is one piece!!!).

Am thinking of either-

1)painting ,magic coming out of the box black, returning to classic roots OR 2) leaving it off altogether...just have a box with no magic (as in shes between using it.

Any thoughts....???? (Thought I could maybe use the magic as a PM totem jut to be a bit different if I did this)

McDoogle

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks too all who have advised me on my list- played a very enjoyable draw a few days back and learned alot. Pandora is great fun to play. I didn't get the best out of Candy, however- partly due to my gaming style, and partly due to a silly mistake, and I have decided that, for now, she will drop to my bench except for certain missions.

Think I will be trying:

30ss list

Pandora (Cache 5)

Sorrow 3ss

Sorrow 3ss

Coppelius 9ss

Kade 6ss

Stitched Together 5ss

Insidious Madness 4ss

Keep IM and, is possible, ST near Coppelius.

A couple of Q's:

Coppelius "all living models take a WP duel when gaining an eye counter" will also affect Pandora and my woes.

Stitched togethers creeping fog- I take it i announce I am using this, and then every model within 4 counts as being in a "bubble of ht 5 obscuring terrain and thus cannot be targeted by spells or ranged attacks, but can still be hit in melee". Is this correct???

If pandora is within 12" of a model which fails a resist duel for a spell (or against an ability which lets me use models Wp instead of DF) does this model lose a wound, similarly with the woes.

Finally, I am playing a friends Freikorps next week- do his models, due to stubborn etc, von schills +to WP and librarians abilities ignore my ability to ignore WP duels, as I think von schill, i think gets to WP 10 or something- theres no way im getting past that if thats the case (an 11 for him would beat my RJ, although the exact figure may be different....

Thanks go out in advance.....!

Stitched togethers creeping fog- I take it i announce I am using this, and then every model within 4 counts as being in a "bubble of ht 5 obscuring terrain and thus cannot be targeted by spells or ranged attacks, but can still be hit in melee". Is this correct???

Not quite. If the line between models traces through more than 3" of fog then they can't draw LOS.

Obscuring terrain grants models in the area soft cover. Obscuring terrain blocks a model's LoS if there is more that 3” of obscuring terrain between it and the target. Models can draw LoS into and through obscuring area terrain if the distance is less than 3”. Multiple separate pieces of obscuring terrain do not stack to block LoS.

Finally, I am playing a friends Freikorps next week- do his models, due to stubborn etc, von schills +to WP and librarians abilities ignore my ability to ignore WP duels, as I think von schill, i think gets to WP 10 or something- theres no way im getting past that if thats the case (an 11 for him would beat my RJ, although the exact figure may be different....

Thanks go out in advance.....!

Remember to take Soulstones, you will need to spend them to guarantee spells get through.

Clcl cheers Ratty. I take it that means you think the Freikorps are immune to all Pandoras willpower goodies, and i need to take out von schill and librarian asap with comba model like Kade, Coppelius and S-T.

In short with the fog, keep ST more than 3" infront of Pandora or others, cast spells then activate ST next to block LofS to her.

They shouldn't be immune as you have "The Box Opens" however Wp 7 vs Wp 10 is going to be hard unless you pump soulstones into the Casting.

The high will power is, i believe down to abilities. This is what my opponent tells me, and he thinks he is immune to my box...???! I am going to check the book to check; next time your looking at rising powers could you check what u think, which ability trumps....

Clcl cheers Ratty. I take it that means you think the Freikorps are immune to all Pandoras willpower goodies, and i need to take out von schill and librarian asap with comba model like Kade, Coppelius and S-T.

In short with the fog, keep ST more than 3" infront of Pandora or others, cast spells then activate ST next to block LofS to her.

Doesn't need to be 3" infront of Pandora as it's a 4" aura of fog. so if your standing right next to the ST you will get the advantage.

This diagram might explain it. The black circle is the fog. If a model is in that area it gets soft cover. The pink line is 3" from Pandora. so if Pandora is standing next to the Stitched Together. You would only be able to see her through the red corridor as that is the only direction where the LoS to her doesn't travel through 3" of fog.

fog.jpg

Remember that their bonus to Wp is only when they're defending (ie. resisting Pandoras spells - not when attacking her) and Von Schills aura only works for Morale Duels (which mainly means Terrifying and Coppelius - not Pandoras normal spells).

Freikorps shouldn't reach Wp values higher than 8, so even when they get their Stubborn bonus you should still have the edge with Soulstones. Generally you shouldn't bother casting at the Librarian though as she can just Counterspell it.

A couple of Q's:

Coppelius "all living models take a WP duel when gaining an eye counter" will also affect Pandora and my woes.

Correct.

If pandora is within 12" of a model which fails a resist duel for a spell (or against an ability which lets me use models Wp instead of DF) does this model lose a wound, similarly with the woes.

Eh, I wonder how you got a draw if this wasn't how you played it as this is how Pandora does the majority of her damage. :) Every time an enemy model loses a duel in which it uses the Wp stat it loses a Wd if it's close to Pandora/Sorrows - Note also that due to the wording those abilities stack, so if an enemy model loses a Wp duel next to two Sorrows it loses 2 Wd rather than 1.

The high will power is, i believe down to abilities. This is what my opponent tells me, and he thinks he is immune to my box...???! I am going to check the book to check; next time your looking at rising powers could you check what u think, which ability trumps....

OK he gets +2 Wp when defending in duels. so most of the models are Wp 7 (Schill 8)

Von Schill has an Aura that give +4 Wp in morale duels. The only Morale Duel you have would be terrifying, Pandora's attacks aren't moral duels.

The Librarian has nothing.

They all have Magic Resistance, but that doesn't matter as it's not the spell doing the damage it's a Talent that triggers off a spell.

As far as I can see everything should work fine.

wicked. So the ST gets is as well, as it is RADIUS 4", not DIAMETER 4"....awesome- having 2 of them in bigger games!!!

Obviously Pandoras line of sight for spells (and anyone else in it) is obscure over 3", but models can still charge one another...

No as you need LoS to charge (Most of the time)

Remember that their bonus to Wp is only when they're defending (ie. resisting Pandoras spells - not when attacking her) and Von Schills aura only works for Morale Duels (which mainly means Terrifying and Coppelius - not Pandoras normal spells).

Freikorps shouldn't reach Wp values higher than 8, so even when they get their Stubborn bonus you should still have the edge with Soulstones. Generally you shouldn't bother casting at the Librarian though as she can just Counterspell it.

Ok, so if they try and target P and fail they do not get the bonud, great. M opponent has been targeting my sorrows- great for her surivability, not so great for causing wounds.

So stubborn still applies...will have to think about how I play them carefuly- and i'll melee the librarian as I do not like her ability to heal.

Was a draw as I had the "get out of your deployment zone" strategy, and had 3 models which counted as scoring (sorrows being insig) so lost the chance to win very early. Was also played largely for fun, with a competative edge.

BTW is it the hunter ability ortegas etc have? This ability, just ignores bonuses for hard and soft cover, right? It doesnt ignore intervening, i.e. impassable/hard or mpre than 3" does it? An opponent keeps saying it does, but im not so sure?

OK he gets +2 Wp when defending in duels. so most of the models are Wp 7 (Schill 8)

Von Schill has an Aura that give +4 Wp in morale duels. The only Morale Duel you have would be terrifying, Pandora's attacks aren't moral duels.

The Librarian has nothing.

They all have Magic Resistance, but that doesn't matter as it's not the spell doing the damage it's a Talent that triggers off a spell.

As far as I can see everything should work fine.

clcl. Do they get this bonus when in range of "the box opens"

Hunter: This model ignores cover and increases its LoS through obscuring terrain to 6”.

So they would be able to shoot her through the ST fog 6", so she would have to stand behind it to get any advantage, and even then they could shoot the Stitched Together.

fog2.jpg

Edited by Ratty

BTW As I have 2 Stitched together I'm going to make a fog template, to make things easier when playing.

Your wondrous tokens enhance my games as it is, so this would be the cherry on top. Allow for the maximum of 3 such tokens, as I imagine Collodi players will be maxing out of Stitched Togethers, at least in the very short term.

Many thanks, again, for your visions and generosity.

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

Your wondrous tokens enhance my games as it is, so this would be the cherry on top. Allow for the maximum of 3 such tokens, as I imagine Collodi players will be maxing out of Stitched Togethers, at least in the very short term.

Here Here!

Sans Elephants, what Ooze said. The quality of the art on your tokens is second only to your generosity in sharing them with us. Thanks again Ratty!

Any tips for bes way to use coppelius in Pandoras crew- I would have thought near the IM and stitched I have in there, with the sorrows and bodyguarding Pandora and Kade running interference....

Well I have that section broken down in my tactica, but some basics are... His terrifying. Capitalize on it and try to make people flee when he comes close. They will take Wds from Pandora and his ability. Otherwise he doesn't have any real Wp synergies. Though Sleep My Friends works well since it is a Wp resist AND if you have alps it will cause their effects to go off which is even more damage =D.

Otherwise his melee power, healing ability, and model spawning make him great for any Neverborn crew. Plus he has Paralyze trigger built in... whats not to love about that? =D

Well I have that section broken down in my tactica, but some basics are... His terrifying. Capitalize on it and try to make people flee when he comes close. They will take Wds from Pandora and his ability. Otherwise he doesn't have any real Wp synergies. Though Sleep My Friends works well since it is a Wp resist AND if you have alps it will cause their effects to go off which is even more damage =D.

Otherwise his melee power, healing ability, and model spawning make him great for any Neverborn crew. Plus he has Paralyze trigger built in... whats not to love about that? =D

Could i request the updated tactica glorious one, the lilith one was awesome!!!

The changes I made during the last game were to lose the totem (although 7 cards was really cool!) and upgrade candy to coppelius and a sorrow to a madness- i think his melee really gives a plan b, I LOVE the model, and think he will work better for me than candy. She will have her place tho I am sure....

Gone the WP way,buteveryone seems to say this is to broken. If this becomes the case (althought the spread of wins in my gaming circle is pretty even) I will probs look for a more challenging way to play her.

My problem is that if this is the case, I just plain love her models- my main prob with my lilith crew is that I love tots BBS and nekima, and Lelu and lilitu are just better imo in 30ss games (speaking generally)

Thanks for the advice: looking forward to using him!!!