Assembling Peacekeeper and Scales of Justice

paradox

I got around (though I severly lack time...yea slacking off!) to assembling these models.

I'm very glad I won't be assembling them again any time soon! What a PITA! I am HIGHLY suspicious that the scales will end up alot like my Menite wracks (ie, missing the dangly bits). Bad joins abound there.

The peacekeeper just requires a pin in every join made. I broke a bit on him too (seems to be a bad habit of mine lately). I'm worried about a stray hand coming off and especially about the chain gun. It looks like it's begging to break.

All in all, nice looking models. But complete suck to put together. Don't appear to be very transportable, but I will give it a go.

I haven't dealt with the Scales of Justice or Peacekeeper models yet, but I had some problems with Misaki and Joss. While trying to straighten out Misaki's weapon the blade broke from the poll with very little bending. I'm planning on fixing it with .025 music wire to replace the poll. I also had a power cable on a metal sprue for Joss which came cracked in half. I'll probably just remove the other cord on the Joss model.

These seem to be rare exceptions though. Misaki's weapon may have had stress placed on it during shipping due to the weight of the base and model pushing against the poll. I have no idea about the power cable for Joss though it seems rather fragile itself.

Agreed - if you're not pinning medium to large metal models, you should be. It's the only way to keep the glue joints from breaking over time.

My Peacekeeper is pinned at every arm joint, but not glued there. That means I can remove the arms for transport, and attach them securely for use in a game. Same with the base. The legs are, however, pinned and glued permanently.

Granted, I've been doing this for nigh on twenty plus years now...

So have I. ;)

The problem is finding a 4th arm that matches the other three.

Can you get parts from Wyrd? The right-forward arm (with hand already attached) would probably work great there.

These seem to be rare exceptions though.

Yea, it's not every model. Most of them are pretty solid. Though I've had to fix my Judge's arm for the 4th or 5th time yesterday. That's pinned too, but it is such a small join with so much force on it. Bump the blade wrong and it starts working loose.

Agreed - if you're not pinning medium to large metal models, you should be. It's the only way to keep the glue joints from breaking over time.

Yes and no. I've pinned certain things and others I have not and they hold up well enough. It depends on how the model is parted out and how much contact it gets. The peacekeeper has long, skinny arms and legs supporting bulky things. The chain gun worries me. I double-pinned it, but I can see it bending/snapping in the middle.