Swamp Bayou Scenery Project

praetorian13

Lovely work. I especially like your idea for dangerous terrain -brilliant!

My only critique is that in order to interact with the Scrap Pile special terrain feature a model's base must be completely within the Scrap Pile. This will be hard to do with a pile with such steep sides.

I suggest that you put the pile on a larger base, so models can stand adjacent to the pile but still be on the pile's base and thus qualify as being "completely within the Scrap Pile."

Edited by Koyote

Another piece done. This is made from styrofoam cut with a hit wire. The ares where the stones are in matrix I gouged out with a knife to leave the chunky geode like surface. Once it was painted I added soulstones made from broken up chips taken from colored swizzle sticks. I found them in a party store on clearance for 25 cents a pack, enough to keep me in crystals for YEARS!!

2597265710101629488S200x200Q85.jpg

2586832240101629488S425x425Q85.jpg

Here is a sample of one of the flat islands.

2141834540101629488S200x200Q85.jpg

This one is a "corner peice" and will be used to put other terrain on.

2755983630101629488S425x425Q85.jpg

Next is a magic dead area. I modeled it using Apoxie Sculpt 2 part modeling compound. I used photos of drought stricken land in Africa as a model.

Still have to finish the pig sty and make a hanging tree!

2586832240101629488S425x425Q85.jpg

Yet another brilliant idea of yours that I am going to swipe. However... Umm... The maximum size of a Soulstone Vein is 2" x 2". whistle.gif

I suspect that the size restriction reflects the degree of advantage one can reap from it. Perdita can pull out 3 Soulstones a turn from it. If her totem and/or Abuela 'obeys' her, she can pull out a fourth or a fifth.

Edited by Koyote

• 1 month later...