Showgirls WIP - my first wyrd mini paint (I am new to painting mini)

vegel

You can thin paint down with water just fine. Supposedly you can use something like a matt/matte medium if you want to thin it down a lot and not break up the body of the paint but I've never used any mediums as yet (going to try them soon).

For what vegel describes, I'd suggest trying some of the matte medium or a flow retardant unless you want to use the paint as a wash.

I found this article really useful for a fairly new painter like myself.

http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/2011/01/mediums-and-other-paint-additives.html#more

Looking really nice.

If you want tips for painting eyes read the tutorial here. It really helped me (though I still cant paint to the standard amber can.

That is good stuff!! But for these girls their eyes are so tiny!! I think I'd do the blue dress performer again... that was a failed attempt so far...

You can thin paint down with water just fine. Supposedly you can use something like a matt/matte medium if you want to thin it down a lot and not break up the body of the paint but I've never used any mediums as yet (going to try them soon).

http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/2011/01/mediums-and-other-paint-additives.html#more

One of the concern I have with those chemicals is that I got a little kid (my almost 3 year old) at home and so I don't want to get too much solvents at home... but will definitely try see if they got smaller bottles for sale! ^__^

Thanks ^^

If you want to thin paints to almost translucency without them turning grainy then you are going to need at least a few additives. Matte and Gloss mediums are great for thining because they maintain the binder material in the paint. I include both because you need to add a bit of each to keep the paint near a satin finish. Another that is good (though not for this extreame thining) is Flow Improver it keeps your paints fluid. It is better than regular water for thining.

As for the 3 year old, all I can recommend is hiding them someplace high when you are not using them. Haven't seen one yet with a child proof cap.