What about Collodi

Mazin1

Well being one of if not the fastest moving model in the game, I can't wait for his model.

Him with zoridia is stupid good, IMO. Zoridia pumping out wicked dolls and collodi sitting up closet And having the dolls teleport to collodi and giving poison to people. He is by far my favorite henchmen. Then being able to pass off the attack to one of his manaquins is helpful. Then being a scavenger and being able to create more mannaquins is nice as well. He also has alot of synergies with dolls. I hope there are more dolls in book two.

Then if you bring a doppelganger to copy spellsor actions to help out and give collodi a hand doing things he is too busy to do.

MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS MODEL!!!!!!

Edited by Iamwyrd

Collidi is really good. I've been waiting for it's special forces to get flushed out before diving in. Also I have a suspicion that Collidi may get some tweaks in the errata to stop some of it's abuses because... yeah it is abusive heh.

But extremely quick, not the hardest hitting models but they can do some cool yo-yo things.

I have played around with him a few times. The main issue is there aren't a lot of dolls out right now so not too many options for crews. You basically get 3-4 maniquiens, stitched together, and wicked dolls. You can make a nasty 25 point list, but I think anything higher will give you trouble as a horde of wicked dolls will only go so far against an opponent.

I really like how incredibly fast the crew is. It can catch someone by surprise if they aren't expecting it. I can easily get his whole crew across the table on turn one and do some damage to my opponent.

One thing I have noticed is that Collodi himself is very much there for support as opposed to being the heavy hitter of your crew. He plays very differently than the other NB crews I run like dreamer and lilith due to his lack of damaging spells or abilities.

All that being said, I am looking forward to the next book and new dolls. He definitely has a lot of potential, but like Molly there's not a lot of his special forces out now.

At this point I have only been using him to run his own crew. I have been trying to think of good lists to run him with the dreamer or another master to see how he fairs.

I really like him, and he probably would have been myfirstneverborn master if there had been a modek out. I also thought he would work best (at the moment) as a henchmen supporting a master in anything over 25ss as there are only so many options he can take atm. Hes awesome, and working in education I LOVE the background...!!!! (giggles turn to cackling...!) I hope the models do the artwork justice (as they usually do with wyrd) as they would then be sick...!!!

On Tuesday I'm gonna try him out in a brawl with zoridia.

Just think, 8 mannequins running around with him. Think of the movement shenanigans with 8 mannequins helping him. Its pretty much gonna be collodi give fast, and then the buff puppet spell. Then try to buff as many dolls with that spell, probably melee expert. Then use however many dolls it will take to get me across the field and then use the buffed dolls to flurry then melee expert. And if need be zoridia can obey a few dolls to attack. Who know the possibilities, I will post my battle report on Wednesday.

Wish me luck. ;P

Ah, I like Collodi. He may not seem hard hitting but an activation with his Marionettes can be formidable just by a death of a thousand cuts. Still I have to agree that I'd like to see what will be added to his special forces before I start using him regularly.

Until then he is by far an excellent Killjoy delivery system...

It's really easy to take control of the activation sequence with collodi having so many little buggers about. And hopefully he'll get a heavy hitting 40/50mm base doll in book 3. He has so much potential, but so little resources right now.

I really like the combo of Doll Parts, Breath Life, and Doll Friends. Requires a scrap counter, but can really hurt something close. Especially if you have a wicked doll you can summon the Marionette into base contact with.

Collodi is my favorite Henchman thus far (Kaeris is a close second). His theme song should definitely be Dope Hat by Marilyn Manson.

Played Collidi with Zoraida yesterday and figured I'd share some insanity.

Give a Marionette Fast and then Melee Expert and have it flurry. That is a potential 5 attacks on a single target =D. It's just... yeah buzz saw lol. Sure they don't hurt a lot, but that many attacks is nuts. They chew up Sebastian and some nurses with that.

I also played collodi with zoridia and doppelganger. Turn one had doppleganger copy breath life, and casting expert. Then activated colluodi and casted filled with stones on himself, giving him armor 2 and hard to kill. Ya he is -1/-1 to wk/ch but If don't matter because collodi doesn't have to walk with his own action. Then on doppelganger copied armor 2 and build puppet or whatever lets you make a mannequin. And just followed collodi around with zoridias help from obey, and made mannequins for collodi. Collodi alone dropped half the perdita family and dropped perdita to one wound before random raptor red joker attack. I only had one wound left and got red jokered it was kinda funny. But in the end my friend got his objective barely, and I didn't get mine.

But being armor 2 hard to kill, then being able to casting expert breath life on himself to give himself melee expert is pretty cool. I have found my new favortie model. Now they just need to release him. ;-)

Tried my first game with him the other day.

It was just wrong. I just took him 4 of his manikins and a bunch of wicked dolls. I burned a few activations on wicked dolls then launched across the board. First turn I had killed 13 points worth of models in a 30 point game and he was unable to hit me at all. O and delivered a message giving me 4vp. Top it off I got first action turn 2 giving me 5 activations before the other guy could do squat. I think it was end of turn 2 and he had nothing but his master left.

Honestly I don't think stitched are all that great for him they are just 2 slow. The wicked dolls are able to warp to him the stitched are left behind to foot slog it over.

I think he is going to eat a nurf bat in the changes.

• 2 months later...

So...I'm definitely going to pick up Collodi when he releases (and he'll be my first non-Outcast crew..eek!) but I figured this thread would be as good as any for some questions.

So, there seems to be some varying opinion on him as a master (and I realize not all of the Henchmen are going to be the best masters). What is your opinion, as members of the Neverborn community, on running him as a master? As I've seen and read, he doesn't have much to his force atm (stitched, wicked and mari's mostly), but can he be viable at say, 35ss, which is the standard size game we play at the LGC? I've seen some wicked 25ss lists proposed here, but I'm just looking for feedback.

If he's not really that viable yet, I can always just run him with Levi and make some people cry, haha.

So...I'm definitely going to pick up Collodi when he releases (and he'll be my first non-Outcast crew..eek!) but I figured this thread would be as good as any for some questions.

So, there seems to be some varying opinion on him as a master (and I realize not all of the Henchmen are going to be the best masters). What is your opinion, as members of the Neverborn community, on running him as a master? As I've seen and read, he doesn't have much to his force atm (stitched, wicked and mari's mostly), but can he be viable at say, 35ss, which is the standard size game we play at the LGC? I've seen some wicked 25ss lists proposed here, but I'm just looking for feedback.

If he's not really that viable yet, I can always just run him with Levi and make some people cry, haha.

Well as it stands, you can have 8ss in Marionettes, another 15 in stitched (in a scrap), so you really only get to fill the pointd with Wicked Dolls. So for instance in a 35ss scrap, you get 4 wicked Dolls. Sure its a bunch of models, but nothing is a "beat stick." Death by a thousand cuts...

As of now I personally think Collodi works best with Zoraida and Dopplegangrel as others have said. Other than those two, Ive been thinking of trying Z/Collodi with something else adding a bit more "oomph". Just dont know what that is yet...

Right now he is very powerful with just 4 marionettes and spamming wicked dolls. This combo can be any where on the board they want every turn. It is by far the fastest crew in the game and can hit hard as well. They may only hit for 1 at a time but the number off attacks they can put out is crazy. He is probably better with Big boobs Z just because she can keap him stockpiled with dolls and offer obey but Does not need her.

Then activated colluodi and casted filled with stones on himself, giving him armor 2 and hard to kill. Ya he is -1/-1 to wk/ch but If don't matter because collodi doesn't have to walk with his own action.

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to do this as I can't see where it says Collodi himself is a doll? I personally prefer just casting this spell on a stitched turn 1 (as people tend to take kill protegee against my lowly 5SS stitched).

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to do this as I can't see where it says Collodi himself is a doll? I personally prefer just casting this spell on a stitched turn 1 (as people tend to take kill protegee against my lowly 5SS stitched).

Collodi is a Doll is the same way as Marionettes are Dolls, even if it says Special Forces(Doll).

Otherwise Collodi couldn't hire Marionettes. which is ridicolous as he must always be fielded with at least one of them.

Also Kill Protégée will always fail against Stitched Togethers...?

Ah so Special Forces (Doll) just means doll?

It wouldn't have mattered tbh, she didn't die once in the 5 tournament games :P

And how will it always fail?? They die, they gain reactivate, they dissappear in the close phase?

A model with Special Forces(Doll) is more than just a Doll, it belongs to a Special Force aswell and as such follows certain rules for hiring (max two of the Special Force unless their leader is hired, no other Special Forces is hired etc.).

She..? xD

And.. Stitched never get killed (unless first Hex'ed by Zoraida), they remain in play and then get sacrificed at the end of the turn they would otherwise've been killed in.

In terms of determining who actually caused the sacrifice it'd be argueable - I could see the ruling be both you, your opponent or noone getting the credit.

Anyway.. Important thing to notice is 'sacrifice' which doesn't meet the criteria that you kill the model.

Ah. Well I let them have kill protegee anyway cos I'm nice.

It was a 'she' as the proxy I used was of a female basis (Lisette puppet angel to be precise)

Ok a question that came up then;

- Last game at the tourney was a brawl

- I took pandora and zoraida, and was forced to take Collodi too due to using her throughout as my henchwoman

- I had 9SS left to spend and the following models available;

- Doppelganger

- Teddy

- Ophelia

Now, a few of us discussed, under the rules of a brawl, is Ophelia a legible choice or not? I reckon doppel or teddy would have been better anyway (copy pandoras wound thingy or teddy-rip-face), but was/is Ophelia allowed?