What about Collodi

Mazin1

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I see he can be powerful alone or with Z.

How do you all feel about him being used with Levi? I don't know how much synergy they could have, but I suppose since they are both powerful models they may be able to act individually. I.e. Levi owning face with the rest of his crew, and Collodi moving about with his Mari's and capping objectives, finishing schemes, and generally annoying the opponent to distract them from Levi.

All of the Henchmen will get their own boxes eventually. Rumors are they may wait to relese Molly and Kaeris boxes at gencon (August?). As for Collodi, he "could" come out earlier, but it won't be until after April when they post the next 3month set of releases.

I'm actually glad he's not coming out for a while. My wishlist is piling up a lot faster than I can buy. :thumb:

How does Collodi handle an Executioner?

Paper to paper matchup?

Well first off Collodi doesn't handle anyone except maybe a totem...

The Ex has only DF 3, so that helps. If you are lucky enough to have gotten your fast pulse off (with Collodi) along with your melee expert spell (and then your cascading activations) you potentially have five paired attacks per marionette going one after another against him.

Don't forget that one one of their strikes(a 0 action) he can not cheat against them. the only thing that worries me with him is if he's killed any of my marionettes before they strike him, and he last rites as his slow to die (1) action, obliterating my scrap counters. (Unless of course you were "lucky" enough to get one wooden claw trigger off...)

I think ideally Collodi avoids an executioner. You dont really want to send than more model after him because the executioner can easily slice through any doll during his slow to die, which means he won't die.

The best bet I think is sending in 1 Marionette, who has Fast, Melee Expert, and filled with stones, thanks to Collodi. Just make sure the executioner is not near any other models when you strike and that you have plenty of high cards to cheat your hits and/or damage.

Other than that, you could gamble his life away?

I think ideally Collodi avoids an executioner. You dont really want to send than more model after him because the executioner can easily slice through any doll during his slow to die, which means he won't die.

The best bet I think is sending in 1 Marionette, who has Fast, Melee Expert, and filled with stones, thanks to Collodi. Just make sure the executioner is not near any other models when you strike and that you have plenty of high cards to cheat your hits and/or damage.

Other than that, you could gamble his life away?

Filled with stones is the key. With the Armor +2, and Hard to Kill, your marionette can't be killed by the Executioner's slow to die strike (just make sure you have two of your three wounds left).