Looking for a second master for Brawls

swordsman82

Hi

I have been using Colette lately and am loving figuring her out. I have been playing 35ss scrap but am looking for making a 50ss brawl. I have Rasputina as well for masters but am thinking of other possible options.

I figure Colette can fill Rasputine up with SS and help her crush with gamin and ice mirror. But since i love my Corphee and Mannes, I am wondering if Ramos might be a better option. Since he is awesome with constructs. There is always the possiblity of Marcus for a speed and just brutal attack too.

Anyone have any ideas on what is the best choice?

PS-I am going for models that are out now, so no Kaeris for now :)

Ramos would be awesome, since Arcing screen would really help, also the tool kit on Colette, massively powerful. Can you say mannequin replacement.

And Ramos can also sit in the back making more spiders to add to the mix.

Also if you want more cards adding Ramos alows you to add Rusty Alyce to give you 2 more cards to work with.

Ramos also alows you to have some healing with his repair ablity for the duet.

The way I see it Ramos with the toolkit is a must for brawls with the dancers.

[Colette's Second Master List]

Ramos

Rasputina

Marcus

C. Hoffman

Victoria

Besides everything TimeLapse posted, Ramos has the most construct synergy with Colette. Colette has the Mechanical Doves which can be used as Dove Bombs instead of the Steampunk Arachnids as Spider Bombs using his Controlled Detonation ability. He can also construct spiders to do the same, or have them use (0) Latch On and weaken an enemy's defenses for Coryphee, Coryphee Duet, Cassandra, or Joss to just hammer into nothing. Running a Steamborg Executioner is usually a decent option in large SS games. Johan is also a decent option. Kaeris is also an excellent henchman to take along.

Rasputina doesn't have much in the way of synergy with Colette, but Rasputina does stand on her own.

Marcus has synergy with anything that is a Beast, so I'm drawing a blank here as far as Showgirl synergy.

C. Hoffman can't construct spiders like Ramos, but he can hire the Mobile Toolkit which has Controlled Detonation for another Dove Bomb combo + Lab Equipment adding +:tomes Ca. For Mannequins they can ignore their bad abilities (Clumsy, Performer's Clothes) when within 6" of Hoffman.

Victoria will cost you some much-needed Soulstones and doesn't have much in the way of synergy with the Showgirls.

I am thinking totally about synergy, but maybe helping to fill a whole that Collette's force has. She doesn't have any raw muscle stomp power (besides my corphee). That is why I was thinking Tina, cause she has raw stomp power as long as you have Soulstones (enter Collette). Ramos is awesome with all the constructs running around.

And can an Arcanist list take C hoffman? He is from another faction.

If so thats AWESOME!!!!!!!

I am thinking totally about synergy, but maybe helping to fill a whole that Collette's force has. She doesn't have any raw muscle stomp power (besides my corphee). That is why I was thinking Tina, cause she has raw stomp power as long as you have Soulstones (enter Collette). Ramos is awesome with all the constructs running around.

And can an Arcanist list take C hoffman? He is from another faction.

If so thats AWESOME!!!!!!!

Rasputina can dish out a lot of magic damage and so can her totem (Essence of Power or Wendigo). I like the effect of Essence of Power better.

Yes, C. Hoffman has the M&SU Member characteristic and Colette's Union Labor allows her to hire M&SU Members from any faction. Masters are hired. The earliest instance of hiring masters out-of-action is probably Zorida hiring Som'er Teeth Jones because of his Good ol' Boys ability. This has been discussed to death and ruled on in several threads.

[30ss Brawl List]

* Colette (Cache: 3)

* Ramos (Cache: 2)

2 Mechanical Dove (totem)

3 Mobile Toolkit (totem)

7 Coryphee

7 Coryphee

9 Joss

The nice thing in this list is Colette is the only living model. Ramos and the Mobile Toolkit can create Steampunk Arachnids and detonate them. They can also detonate the Mechanical Doves as well. Ramos and the Mobile Toolkit can heal the constructs.

[30ss Brawl List]

* Colette (Cache: 3)

* C. Hoffman (Cache: 4)

3 Mobile Toolkit (totem)

7 Coryphee

7 Coryphee

9 Coppelius (Neverborn, Nightmare, Unique)

Coppelius has an ability that allows C. Hoffman to hire him. Coppelius is good for terrifying living models. The mobile toolkit can detonate Mechanical Doves within 12".

In both lists you could also add Kaeris in a larger SS game. Cassandra isn't bad either if you don't mind having a living model in your crew.