My "Themed" McMourning idea....

Deanster

I have just immersed myself into Malifaux. I am a zombie fan from way back, so The Resurrectionists were a "no brainer" for me (forgive the pun).

Somehow I felt drawn to McMourning. While pondering on a Crew list, an idea for a theme hit me....McMourning seemed a bit like Dr. Frankenstein (I'm so clever, right?), but I wanted a truely monsterous creature for his "monster".

I decided Killjoy seemed to fit this role.

So my Crew List is as follows...

McMourning

Killjoy 11ss (12ss)

Zombie Chihuahua 1ss (to be sacrificed to bring Killjoy into play)

Miss Pack (Nurse) 5ss

3x Canine Remains 2ss

and that leaves 1ss to give to McMourning in a 25ss Scrap.

I will be painting up a Flesh Construct as well, for obvious reasons...

I don't have much "Table Time" (Ther doesn't seem to be many folks around here who play....yet), so I'd like any thoughts or comments and possibly any advice on how to pla this list from those much more experienced than me.

Thanks in advance!

I have had lots of success with Killjoy in a McMourning crew. At 35 ss I run Killjoy, a Necropunk (the Killjoy delivery system), 2 canine remains, a chihuahua, a convict gunslinger, and two rottern belles. The first order of business is for McMourning to carve those dogs up and start pumping out big nasties (the Rogue Necromancer and Flesh Constructs) as quick as possible. My record so far is ending a game with an extra Necromancy and 2 flesh constructs. My goal is to have a "perfect" 6-turn game of a necromancy and 5 flesh constructs. Mad science, indeed!

Killjoy is a perfect compliment to the heavy hitters McMourning can summon.

I have had lots of success with Killjoy in a McMourning crew. At 35 ss I run Killjoy, a Necropunk (the Killjoy delivery system), 2 canine remains, a chihuahua, a convict gunslinger, and two rottern belles. The first order of business is for McMourning to carve those dogs up and start pumping out big nasties (the Rogue Necromancer and Flesh Constructs) as quick as possible. My record so far is ending a game with an extra Necromancy and 2 flesh constructs. My goal is to have a "perfect" 6-turn game of a necromancy and 5 flesh constructs. Mad science, indeed!

Killjoy is a perfect compliment to the heavy hitters McMourning can summon.

I like that idea, that is the way I was thinking about going on larger builds. I just finished assembly and primer coating of my Convict Gunslinger.

I promise to post pictures of the finished models, it may take me some time, however.

you pry dont wanna sacrifice your zombe chiuaua as magical extension is kinda huge. id throw in a necropunk as there a good delevery tool for killjoy (by swapping a dog and using your extra ss)

well its not magical extension that would stop me from useing the dog for killjoy its the fetching of a body counter that makes him worth it,

Necropunks are good, but why not just use a 2 pointer dog, it runs out and there you go, well its just how i would do it.

Edited by TimeLapse

I think it's because Necropunks are 1 more stone and have Slow to Die. They also seem a bit more mobile than your average dog.

I love these guys if I have a strategy like Destroy/Plant Evidence because you can use that Slow to Die action and still grab the objective (provided you aren't in melee range).

Also, I thought they said you can't pull BPC out of thin air with his totem...

I don't know if that's current or pending, I sure hope it's just some random haters.

I think it's because Necropunks are 1 more stone and have Slow to Die. They also seem a bit more mobile than your average dog.

I love these guys if I have a strategy like Destroy/Plant Evidence because you can use that Slow to Die action and still grab the objective (provided you aren't in melee range).

Also, I thought they said you can't pull BPC out of thin air with his totem...

I don't know if that's current or pending, I sure hope it's just some random haters.

I always forget about slow to die in the necro punks, such a great ability. I dont use Kill joy but slow to die is a great way to get him in.

I dont use kill joy mainly because i play nicadem and he needs more models in his starting list to have more counters in play, but if I were to run him a necro punk is a good way to get him into play.

well its not magical extension that would stop me from useing the dog for killjoy its the fetching of a body counter that makes him worth it,

Necropunks are good, but why not just use a 2 pointer dog, it runs out and there you go, well its just how i would do it.

On the version 2 card, it looks like the Zombie Chuahuhua no longer just pulls Body Part Counters from out of thin air. It seems that (according to the new wording) a counter must already be in play. It then is transfered to McMourning.

I looked at other post referencing this, and it appears that an earlier version allowed one to simply produce a counter from thin air. That of course would be sweet...but I no longer think I could get away with it. :P