Y'all Watch This Question

PrairieDog6

Hey all--

This a pretty simple question (and maybe kinda a dumb one too--fits the gremlin theme).

Y'all Watch This let's you take two ap and make a boomstick attack with higher damage, then the poor gremlin explodes. My question: are you allowed to take this action while in combat? I was sorta hoping you could, since the action itself isn't ranged, rather it is forcing a ranged attack.

Thoughts? Ideas? Laughing?

Hey all--

This a pretty simple question (and maybe kinda a dumb one too--fits the gremlin theme).

Y'all Watch This let's you take two ap and make a boomstick attack with higher damage, then the poor gremlin explodes. My question: are you allowed to take this action while in combat? I was sorta hoping you could, since the action itself isn't ranged, rather it is forcing a ranged attack.

Thoughts? Ideas? Laughing?

I would have to see how the ability is worded, but if it's worded like the judges Blades and Bullets then yes.

Hmm...Good question. I haven't though of this one before.

I just checked, and it says "This model makes a Boomstick strike..."

That being the case, I would say no, Y'all Watch This cannot be used while the model in stuck in melee, since it can't make a ranged combat attack (Boomstick strike, in this case) while in melee.

It's not a spell, either.

If it said the model may make a Boomstick strike, then it'd be fine, and you could set the little blighter off as a bomb, but that pesky ranged attack thing gets in the way. :disappoin

I'm going purely RAW here, of course.

Hmm...Good question. I haven't though of this one before.

I just checked, and it says "This model makes a Boomstick strike..."

That being the case, I would say no, Y'all Watch This cannot be used while the model in stuck in melee, since it can't make a ranged combat attack (Boomstick strike, in this case) while in melee.

It's not a spell, either.

If it said the model may make a Boomstick strike, then it'd be fine, and you could set the little blighter off as a bomb, but that pesky ranged attack thing gets in the way. :disappoin

I'm going purely RAW here, of course.

Ahh I thought it was a spell. I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

Nope, it's an ingrown ability.

It came up in a game v Lady J where I was trying to whittle her down as she killed everyone and anyone, and I was trying to think up a good way to stack some damage on her quickly. The catch was that she has a melee range of 2" with that friggin great sword. Because of the ambiguity I ended up just focusing and firing, but I was trying to get a ruling before it happened again. It seemed like an easier version of the stank gank.

They do indeed have Df7. I've used that to my advantage before.

You can only have 4 of them in play at a time, though, and while that's a lot, you can have as many regular Gremlins (at the same 2ss cost) as you can cram into your crew.

I've volleyed Y'all Watch This a couple of times, and it can get scary.

(You've got to make sure your Gremlins aren't standing too close to each other when you do it, of course, since they still explode.)

The tricky bit is making sure you've got the right cards in your hand to make it worth doing.

Sadly no, it's not as easy to get off close-in as Pull My Finger.

However, you can do a really scary amount of damage with it, if you've got the right cards.

I'm a little confused by this--since Y'all Watch This is an ability, doesn't it go off automatically?

I've done the stank gank before, and it's mean against most (curse you freaking Rasputina), I'm just trying to play with new/different options.

Well, my thought process was that the sacrifice damage from Y'all Watch This and Pull My Finger are the same, but Y'all Watch This has no casting cost. To hit with Y'all Watch This on top of it would be icing, so to speak. The downside is that you're losing a gremlin.

The reason for the original post question was to try to figure out how flexible the ability is--like you say, the skeeters can cast Pull My Finger while in combat. If the gremlins can't Y'all Watch This while in combat (like the Judge can with Bullets and Blades), then it definitely becomes harder, because then you have to eyeball being within 2" but at least 1" away, and against folks with reach it's impossible to get off.

Another Y'All Watch This question. If you trigger Dumb and Lucky is the splash damage to all models within 2" also doubled?

Semi-related question: how does the +1 Dg from Feud on the Kin models work with the Dumb Luck trigger? Do you add the +1 and then double it (i.e. (3+1)x2=8) or do you double it and then add +1 (i.e. (3x2)+1=7)?

Another Y'All Watch This question. If you trigger Dumb and Lucky is the splash damage to all models within 2" also doubled?

No.

Semi-related question: how does the +1 Dg from Feud on the Kin models work with the Dumb Luck trigger? Do you add the +1 and then double it (i.e. (3+1)x2=8) or do you double it and then add +1 (i.e. (3x2)+1=7)?

The main rulebook states you do things by the mathematical order of operations.

P.E.M.D.A.S.

So multiplication first.