Looking for inserts

daemonkin

Hi guys,

While not Malifaux related I have fallen in love with 30mm lipped bases and I want to do up my 40k Thousand Sons on lipped bases. I don't play any more but would like to do them all purely for aesthetic reasons.

I am looking for alien temple or ruined scnery style bases if anyone can point me in the right direction.

D.

If your ok with lipped resin bases, then Micro Art Studio makes some beautiful bases.

They've got a bunch of different styles for the lipped style bases (30, 40, 50 mm). You'll want to look for the ones called WRound on their site.

Of course, these aren't just inserts, but they're very good quality. Albeit a little expensive.

Edited by Hjelmen

You can always be mounted on a larger base, but not a smaller one.

No intention to discuss GW games too much on this forum, but I don't think this is right.

If it was, you could put a terminator on a 12" diameter base and assault out of his Landraider turn 1.

That said the OP said that the models were just for show anyway, and within reason I doubt anyone would mind.

As for the purpose of the thread I would have suggested Micro Arts and Iron Halo, but they've already been mentioned.. Soeh.. Yeah..

Also found another webstore selling inserts once, but I forgot the name of that one :(

I have my 40k Plague Marine army on 30mm round lipped bases (they look so much nicer) and use them in the local GW without issue.

I'll echoe Nate's suggestion for DragonForge. The Lost Empire or Ancient Ruin bases would work particularly well:

http://www.dragonforge.com/Painting%20service/for%20sale/store%20directory/roundlip_base_sets.htm

From my experience Jeff is one of the nicest guys you'll ever deal with.

Hi guys,

While not Malifaux related I have fallen in love with 30mm lipped bases and I want to do up my 40k Thousand Sons on lipped bases. I don't play any more but would like to do them all purely for aesthetic reasons.

I am looking for alien temple or ruined scnery style bases if anyone can point me in the right direction.

D.

How about these?

25mm_Alientemple_SetA.jpg

www.voodooworx.uk