Does anyone use Biship? The cool looking 10ss model doomed to sit out every game.

TimeLapse

I was thinking today, I own the model, I love the way it looks, I like what he can do and I have never used him in a game, ever.

Its just that he does not deal that much damage per attack for the cost, I like him and think he is worth it but he never come into play for me since I would never pay 11SS to add him to my non Vik lists.

I just dont have room for him in my Vik list as it is. Maybe in a brawl but in a 25-40ss scraps 10 point models need to be game winning good or they just dont get any game time.

I was wondering if anyone else uses him at all, and how they use him and how he does in games. Maybe if I heard why others add him to lists i may think of one day useing him.

-Andrew

He's a nightmare. I run him with Viks in almost every build.

His versatility is phenomenal. He can charge for (1) which is part of his extra damage capability (garnering more AP for additional attacks), can daisy chain his charges way up the board, can paralyze or toss an opponent around....he's incredible. Toss is one of my favorite tactics with him. He's an expensive sacrificial pawn, but I like to wait for my opponent to activate something big and important on the other side and then go bananas with Bishop, toss the big thing closer to me, and then charge him further into the opposition to tie them down (by focusing on killing him). Then my Vik twin chew up the big thing tossed toward them. Next turn the big thing is already dead, opponent's still cleaning Bishop out of his grill, and my Viks pop in for great destruction and all your base are belong to me.

Yeah Bishop is just plain mean... expensive, but mean. When he gets put down opposite from me, I generally make a point to try and kill him as fast as I can.

I usually see him with Vik (for obvious reasons) and now a-days, with the Freikorps and Vik which is just nasty!

He is very good, he just doesn't have any special defenses so it can be hard to get him in range.

I've used him a few times with my Viks (when I just owned the boxset way back when :)) and never quite understood his high cost. He can be useful, he can be a pain, but I've never once felt that he was 10ss good.

I should add, for the sake of full disclosure, that we tend to play 35ss games, so Bishop is / would be a full 1/3rd of my starting force (allowing for Soul Stones). And regular opponents are Pandora, Zoraida, Lilith, Ortega-based Guild, Seamus and Nicodem.

Personally I much prefer any one (or two) of the following as my 'utility piece': Hamelin, Taelor, Misaki.

I do have to agree, though, that I have never run Bishop outside of an Outcast merc list.

But that doesn't prove much as I almost never run any Outcast merc outside of the Outcasts. I'm just a purist, I guess. I rarely feel that I'm missing anything in any of my builds that a merc needs to fill.

Oh, I guess I've dabbled with the Student of Conflict in other master's lists.

I played old Bishop lots with Zoraida. Yes 11ss is a sink but I most of times had brilliant results in blocking opponent's movements stalling the game in desired area. Bishop with +2 Df and defensive stance has managed to resist very hard aggression. I'm thinking that combined woth Candy to bring back his Wds would be quite nasty. I see him more a resilient model with ability to win by endurance. I love him!

It sounds like the people that hate him believe he's only supposed to do damage output while the people who love him see far, far more.

A lot of people probably view him as filling the damage dealer roll because he can do 3 attacks & move with his Quick Strike ability, his abilities to ignore Armor and Hard to Wound, his high Cb which can be raised, and Critical Strike trigger. They just really don't like his low Cb.

I view Bishop as a utility model. He can inflict Paralyzed or Slow, he can charge a Mannequin and get a total of 3 attacks to kill it, and as poulpox posted he can sit on objectives quite effectively. He can also lock another model into melee combat and make it difficult to escape from him. Against some models he is very effective in killing though to me this is not his primary use.

Basically he plays like a male Showgirl. He's not straightforward to use effectively, but has some good uses.

It sounds like the people that hate him believe he's only supposed to do damage output while the people who love him see far, far more.

Picking and choosing responses there - I called him out as a utility model and then listed three that I prefer (that are all cheaper for what they provide, too).

but hes not as resilliamt as everybody says. sure he has a high df but what about models that can attack other stats like collette hitting Ca and what does he do againt kirai just dance around all day? also against ramos he can put out alota non resistable dmg that bishop cant do anything about.

All models should have some way to kill them. I haven't exactly made a list of models who attack against non-Df stats, but it probably isn't a large list. Pandora does her things with Wp which Bishop can't boost like his Df stat.

Maybe one day we'll see an attack that is resisted using a model's Wk stat. Probably not, but maybe. . .

The main question for me is he woth the 10-11ss it cost to bring him? I thinking that compairing him to any of the horsemen or to some of the 7+ point models in each army is what is slowing me down on him. To tell the truth i think he should be worth 7 points 8 points as a merc. That way he can still fit into lists and he reflects what he can do. I think that he could be vary effective, just as effective as Nino but in melee if used right.

Coppelius is only a 9 point model and the stuff he can do is massive compaired to what biship can do.

Cassandra, woth 9 and her lists of ablities is massive too.

Molly 9ss and is more awesome.

If you go though and start looking and compairing there is a gap that makes Biship seem over pointed in my book, yess he is the trigger master but you still have a turn or two to get into combat so that he is not useing any of his Melee ablities.

So a ten point model that you can even begin to use until turn 2 or 3. So a lest one whole turn of not doing anything save move.

I don't know my head is saying no but my heart is saying yes. I like the idea of the model and I love that he has a trigger for everything but is that enough when i could put 2-3 models in his stead?