The MonsterPocalypse is a coming

Ratty

I find it's great if I want to build up a much deeper less smooth finish, like rust.

I use Iron powder and vinigar for heavy rust. (can also be used as stink bombs if needed)

With the powder you can build up for a pitted affect.

I do still have uses for the original ink and the winsor stuff is good for that But if im wanting a wash for general shadeing i use hte GW new stuff.

I have been tempted by monpoc stuff but no one plays it in my area and im a henchman for malifuax so im not going to be pushing another game.

• 2 months later...

Ratty, i`ve just started playing monpoc, let me tell you... Great game! easy to learn but intricate to master, the closest game to chess that i`ve found, i am playing Cthul and martian menace, now i travel between malifaux, monpoc, infinity, battleball and okko (a wonderfull game i recommend also) i need time and money!!!!!!!!

Wow, keep up the good work on those.

I repainted a couple Monpoc minis a while ago, and it is actually a little surprising how good the sculpts are. I've repainted other lines, and haven't walked away quite as happy.

I especially like your work on the Molemen. That makes me want to pick up that faction (I have some Lords of Cthul that I've been repainting).

By the way, do you have a similar plan for the Voltron minis or the minis with normal super Ultra forms?

Those a really nice! I was turned off by the bright and simple paint schemes of the MonPoc figures, but they look really good if you replace them.

And as a long-time HeroClix player I just have to say that you may have seen a bad game, or an old one, or both. The modern game can be extremely tactical, and at least at my venue taking the strongest figure and spamming one power is the quickest way out of the tournament. You'll get your ass handed to you by a well built and synergized team. It's totally worth a try if you're at all interested in superheroes.