Ramos and The Steamborg MS&U UNION - Finished crew

zero

nicely painted my friend!

One criticism though: The lighting from the fire is a bit overdone. It looks more like he was standing too close to a green paint grenade. As far as the actual technical aspect, it's very cool looking. Just too much. If it was just acrossed the face, chest and arm it would look better I think.

front pics added' hahaha green paint grenade, my first go at OSL, if you look at the mini it doesnt look that impacting, although it isnt a subtle glow thats forsure

If first attempt, it is a good attempt!! Way to have some courage! But I have to agree with Werecat......after looking at it myself you have light where there should be no light.....so yeah too much. But great all around!!!

front pics added' hahaha green paint grenade, my first go at OSL, if you look at the mini it doesnt look that impacting, although it isnt a subtle glow thats forsure

Good job! I've never been brave enough to go full tilt on a OSL effect like that... I do eyes, but never had enough courage for a full body one...

its my first group in malifaux and im new to the game (had 2 games, neither finished), the imaginary nature of the game helped me try things i havent before and very happy with results, pics are from an iphone so not great, if i can get a dioramma going ill borrow a better camera'

cheers for the comments'

no, not awesome' i have been painting for a while but only at that tabletop rushed look.

a friend who is a brilliant painter gave me some tips and went from there..

basically its "always remember the light source and where it is"

keep in mind where the light would hit,

i never intended to do the glow so blended the coat brighter to darker... this is what gave me a more distinctive glow

photo-149.jpg

make sure your paint is very transparent, like coloured water.

it would pool in the grooves of the coat, i would let it dry for a few secs then use the brush to suck it back out so to not get a dark colour but more a tinge in the grooves.

i found if i i didnt let it dry for a few secs the "wash" would then rush into the grooves and not tint the flat raised parts, if that makes sense.

then it was a case of a highlight to the centre using a lighter colour as i got closer.

i'm really impressed with the results, hence my post here

personally it feels like i bought these models already painted, i hope to replicate in the future and keep improving.

now i have touched on OSL, hopefully next time it will be better and so on... or so i hope

• 3 months later...