Something seriously overpowered with Haemlin

Raintar

The game is over before it starts when you play against Haemlin with so many lists. .

Raintar, I think you are having many knee-jerk reactions in a row to a strong caster you do not understand how to beat yet. That's my read on the situation because your literally unconvinceble (at least IMHO) which is a classic sign of this. If I was within driving distance, I would be happy to show you how he can be rolled in person. But in theory world, there just is no convincing you.

Haemlin is no meaner then many of the other masters in the games and like them, he has his good match-ups and his bad. His bad would be Raspy, Sonnia, LCB, Pandora, Leveticus, Perdita, and probably a few more. His strong is anything that has Low Wp, a lack of AE, the ability to deal with large numbers of models, and few models.

He really is not that bad and a lot more people can deal with him then can't deal with him (I think your the only person crying foul really). Yes there are some things about him that are a bit to nasty in certain cases... but that holds true for nearly every master. Like Pandora Vs Gremlins, its not much of a fair fight there, Pandora is built around their weakest point. The point is, this is nothing especially powerful, its just another way of achieving a win.

So obviously your entitled to your opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But I think you need to go play him some more and play him against the things people are saying can counter him.

Edited by karn987

:hat: I like my hat...

but can I say something coolieo here. I've got some pretty bad Insomnia so I'm in weird mode, hence the hat. But Raintar you claim that these crews are OP and that may be true. But I feel as though I can provide a simple solution to your problem with OP levels

Hamelin: you take Jack Daw, and you take something with Terrifying, then no one can cheat no one can burn soulstones. Then walk said terrifying model into the fray, whatever stands their ground will most likely be one, maybe two models and then just sit there and laugh cuz... well... :hat:

Lord Chomby Bits: if you start with Guild, take the Watcher, since it forces the Dreamer to deploy ALL of his models inside his deployment zone, meaning he can't bury them, meaning his alpha I can fly/drop nightmares on your face doesn't work. If you don't have access to the Watcher that's fine, no need to threat. take Hamelin the Minion then take the Watcher, sure it's 14 point investment but Hamelin is a bad ass with a double obey trigger on a :masks :masks

since these are mercs anyone can really shut down a dick list of either of these masters [[dick list being a list made with no fluff, or fun in mind, just a tunnel vision list for the win I guess.]]

but it's okay dude, cuz we only have one LCB player and he's never really available for games lol so honestly doesn't bother us very much and no one at our LGS likes Hamelin except me and one other person lol

Lord Chomby Bits: if you start with Guild, take the Watcher, since it forces the Dreamer to deploy ALL of his models inside his deployment zone, meaning he can't bury them, meaning his alpha I can fly/drop nightmares on your face doesn't work.

.]]

What? Does this actually work like that? Bear man can you rule on this? I don't think this works.

Eh don't change much he can just put them all a way with a single spell.

Puts out cookies

Edited by tadaka

Also, the dreamer should be deploying all his guys anyway. Don't forget that while they are buried they don't experience an end phase; so effects don't wear off. You deploy them, activate all their abilities (Stitched Together's cover, Teddy's charge, Daydream's -Wp, etc), then you bury them after that. It only costs a single spell to rebury them all, and when they come out they all save actions.

Raintar, I think you are having many knee-jerk reactions in a row to a strong caster you do not understand how to beat yet. That's my read on the situation because your literally unconvinceble (at least IMHO) which is a classic sign of this. If I was within driving distance, I would be happy to show you how he can be rolled in person. But in theory world, there just is no convincing you.

So obviously your entitled to your opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But I think you need to go play him some more and play him against the things people are saying can counter him.

I was refering to lists like Ophelia who can't target him at all with anything. Terror Tot and Ice Gamin lists as well.

I was refering to lists like Ophelia who can't target him at all with anything. Terror Tot and Ice Gamin lists as well.

I'll give you gremlin crew would not be able to target him. But it comes down to what there Strategy and Schemes are. Don't need to kill the enemy master to win.

As far as other lists, this just means you need to bring some models other then HT1 to the fight. It helps prevent low cost spam lists, which I think is probably a good thing honestly.

I do wish Ophellia had an ability like

(0) CC11:masks/-/:aura6 Who ya' calling small: Orphellia and gremlins within the aura may choose to be Ht2 for the purposes of targetting and being targeted.

But seeing as she doesn't. If you want to run Gremlins take Som'er, Taxidermist, piglets, Pere Ravage, Orphellia, Warpigs, Pig'a'pult.

not to sound too whiney, but an Ophelia crew has only 3 ways to hurt Hamelin. Pere, Raphael (for a (2) spell) and regular bayou gremlins (blast damage). and none of those are particularly effective since the blast damage isn't doubled with :rams

sure, I guess I could take a pigapult, and a taxidermist. but then i have to kill something to get corpse counters to use to make stuffed pigs. that's not exactly a viable tactic.

But, I agree. The point that you have schemes and strategies helps. However, what happens when you flip Deliver a message? you now have a scheme you can not complete from the start of the game as you have to target Hamelin with an interact action.

But, I agree. The point that you have schemes and strategies helps. However, what happens when you flip Deliver a message? you now have a scheme you can not complete from the start of the game as you have to target Hamelin with an interact action.

***** Disclaimer: i mean the following post as helpful and not a dig at any forum peeps. I have read though it a few times and i cant stop it from sounding diggy if taken the wrong way so please dont take it that was Look i even used a pink elephant to make it more friendly ******

So you flip Deliver a message and then pick a crew thats only got HT1 minions?

In a friendly game just ask to reflip it as you are wanting to play a crew that would not do well at that scheme.In a torny its up to you to pick a crew that will do well under the tornys conditions.

Its like picking up a screwdriver and complaining it cant chop wood. :elefant: