Battle Brush Studios Commission Painting Log

Sigur

@Fantasia: Er. I guess.

Upate!

dwip2.jpg

The gold needs some neatening up in places but I think I'm getting there.

On a different note, I took another stab at the Nightbringer. As you may remember, I'm having a hard time with this guy but I might be on to something now that I added a third colour:

nbwip10.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by Sigur

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyable viewing- you certainly are a miniature painting whirlwind.

Are the large wolves hand painted? Some of the transitions look almost airbrushed.

Not disputing the paintjob quality, or the sculpts, but those wolf riders look a bit Masters of the Universe to me.

- Like the red into black blending effects on the Terminator power weapons also.

@Shinigami: Thanks muchly for the reply. Hmm, good point. I might make that skin a bit paler or unhealthier.

@Baron M: I did the base colours on the Wolves with an airbrush, yes. Highlights and details of course are hand painted. :)

My photobucket account ran out of bandwidth quicker than I thought. I reuploaded the latest pictures.

Hope you all are having great holidays and enjoy them with family and friends! :)

Update!

wip5.jpg

...I admit, not all that much has happened. My goal is to finish these guy by the fifth so I can make sure they have enough time to get delivered to magabotato before the shooting takes place. :cool:

And now prepare for weird and whimsical wonders when (due to size comparison request) the most mischievous and prone-to-squabbling front rank since Ruglud's Orcs disbanded - woahahahahaahahahahelcome the size comparison brigade, ho-ho-ho-ho:

sizecomparison.jpg

I just grabbed a few miniatures from popular ranges and hope that you can estimate the size of the Dwarfs judging from those.

....aaand yes, the Dwarf in the left IS actually telling the Space Marine to "Be square or be square", hah-hah-hah. Oh, for fun...

Update:

wip6.jpg

Not all that much new at first glance because the details are what's left so a lot of pouches mainly, some leather belts and so on to paint.

Just out of curiosity - what do you like better: Trolls, Ogres and Minotaurs or Rincewind, Sam Vimes and Twoflower?

Rejoice, masses, for the unforseen has happened - I finished the Nightbringer:

nb1.jpg

nb2.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb4.jpg

Hope you like it. :-)

....aaand the Dwarfs for that video cast show are finished as well:

I just finished the Dwarfs for that video cast show:

fertig1.jpg

fertig2.jpg

fertig3.jpg

fertig4.jpg

Next up:

.) The final chapter in the Saga of Squirrel-paints-Wolves

.) More Chaos Blood Bowl!

.) Discworld Miniatures!

.) Harlequins!

.) Death Korps of Krieg!

.) Empire Army!

...and some bigger things I'm currently in talks over.

See you soon!

Rejoice, masses, for the unforseen has happened - I finished the Nightbringer:

nb1.jpg

nb2.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb4.jpg

Hope you like it. :-)

....aaand the Dwarfs for that video cast show are finished as well:

fertig1.jpg

fertig2.jpg

fertig3.jpg

fertig4.jpg

Next up:

.) The final chapter in the Saga of Squirrel-paints-Wolves

.) More Chaos Blood Bowl!

.) Discworld Miniatures!

.) Harlequins!

.) Death Korps of Krieg!

.) Empire Army!

...and some bigger things I'm currently in talks over.

See you soon!

Good news, I finished the Space Wolves today, wrapped them up and will ship them tomorrow!

stuff1.jpg

Just kidding, I'll take some army shots tomorrow. ;)

The Magabotato guys got the Dwarfs by now and like them a lot. (yay!) I'll let you know once the episode in which they're featured goes online.

And I'm on to new projects. First, a figure for pen&paper roleplaying for one of the kindest people in the universe:

fwwip1.jpg

He converted the mini and asked me to paint it for him because he just started a fire wizard in WHFRP (I think). Almost done. I'm never too sure about painting flames. What do you think?

Here's the other thing I've been starting with:

1wip1.jpg

Hope you like the stuff for now, see you later!

Good news, I finished the Space Wolves today, wrapped them up and will ship them tomorrow!

stuff1.jpg

Just kidding, I'll take some army shots tomorrow. ;)

The Magabotato guys got the Dwarfs by now and like them a lot. (yay!) I'll let you know once the episode in which they're featured goes online.

And I'm on to new projects. First, a figure for pen&paper roleplaying for one of the kindest people in the universe:

fwwip1.jpg

He converted the mini and asked me to paint it for him because he just started a fire wizard in WHFRP (I think). Almost done. I'm never too sure about painting flames. What do you think?

Here's the other thing I've been starting with:

1wip1.jpg

Hope you like the stuff for now, see you later!

P.S.: By the way, make sure you visit my Twitter account and/or my Facebook site (yes, I webbed myself up to the 2.0 and am a genuine facebookster and twit now or whatever you call it) for that extra-valuable super exclusive content! ;)

As promised - Army pictures of the Space Wolves!

armyshot1.jpg

(in the background: The hinder of the World Wolf)

armyshot3.jpg

armyshot4.jpg

(from the point of view of Grubgob Bom'ead, Fighta Bomma ace)

armyshot5.jpg

armyshot6.jpg

armyshot8.jpg

Sadly, I can only show you with the infantry all embarked because they all left for the client's place two months ago.

Individual picture of the finished stuff are to follow later!

Edited by Sigur

@Daemonkin: Glad you like the Wolves and the Nightbringer. :)

First, there's an update on the Discworld minis:

1wip2.jpg

Still a little WIP but getting there.

So here's the finishing individual shots. You've seen some of those already but these are bigger pictures with last minute changes, finished basing and such stuff.

wolflord1neu.jpg

wg1neu1.jpg

terminatoren1neu1.jpg

donnerwolf-cavneu1.jpg

greyhuntersingleneu1.jpg

landspeedersmitflammen.jpg

markers1neu1.jpg

hecktueren1.jpg

hecktueren2.jpg

scouts2neu1.jpg

terminatoren2neu1.jpg

wg1neu2.jpg

....and thus ends the Saga of Sigur painting the Big Space Wolves Army.

Buh-bye, pals. :)

armyshotbyebye.jpg

Thanks for your replies and feedback throughout this project. That's mainly what keeps me going.

Next up: Harlequins and lots of other stuffs!

@Dark Alleycat: Indeed. :)

Alright, let's wrap this Space Hulk thing up next!

Here's what's left to do:

.) Resculpt a little bit that snapped off

.) Finish painting Sergeant Gideon

.) Paint the bases.

First, I'll paint Gideon:

gideonwip1.jpg

I'd say he's halfway done. If I'm really cool, I'll be able to finish him tomorrow. I'll let you know if I manage to be cool. ;)

edit: Oh, and I gave the fire wizard a simpole dungeon crawler base:

fw1.jpg

Edited by Sigur

Okay, I did not manage to be cool, instead I spent most of the Sunday playing silly computer games and doing administrative stuff. tongue.gif

So here's just a silly old WIP shot of Gideon:

gideonwip2.jpg

Oh, and remind me not to do these super-long pictures any more. Photobucket always shrinks them down a little. Anyhow, I'll try to get him finished asap, especially as I still have to finish these World Eaters and already got another new army project on the table (apart from several smaller things)....

lasttwo.jpg

Last two terminators finished but I totally forgot about that chalice they come with so I have to paint that. Gah.

...and here's the first WIP of the Blood Bowl big guys for the chaos team I recently painted:

bgwip1.jpg

Hope you like them so far. :)