So who's playing New Vegas?

My life ground to a halt on Friday and I spent as much time as possible this weekend wandering the wastes around New Vegas: blowing up giant scorpions with dynamite, trying to find that mayor's secret stash, robbing the innocent, betraying my new allies and trying to figure out what the hell "Caravan" is all about. I played so much my eyes bled and I thought at one point I'd broken my xbox. Good times.

A lot of people are unimpressed, saying "it's just another add-on" to which I say, "So what!" more Fallout can never be a bad thing!

Anyone else playing?

Hell yes, I love love love this game. I cancelled two games of Malifaux last weekend and booked a day off work to pickup the game early on Friday. Clocked up over 30 hours last weekend and love every second of it.

Fallout 3 stole over 200 hours of my life and New Vegas looks like it will beat this record. Fantastic game, amazing depth and incredible storyline.

Malifaux, you have been beaten but not forgotten. I will return to you one day, once I have finished roaming the wastes.

Did I mention that I love this game? :D

house mate picked it up and is giveing it a good running though. I stuck it in my xbox and its ok. It is another add on to the game and they realy have not made a massive stride forward. Not blown me away as much as the first one. Once my house mate stops playing it i will steal it for a run though. My house mate has also sorted out caravan and is now swimming in cash its silly.

Now fable 3... thats giving me trouser tents

Been playing FO3:NV for a little while now. Haven't been able to get as much in as I'd like, what with life getting in the way. I agree with the people who say it's essentially another add-on for FO3, but I also agree with those who say, "So what?" FO3 was one of my favorite games, and getting more of it, exploring vast new areas, is so worth it.

I think a lot of the changes are pretty pointless to be honest - all the different ammo types, the ability to make ammo and all the "hippie" crap (mixing herbs and what not) - these are not things I wished were in FO3 but still it's nice to mix it up a bit.

Tried it in hardcore mode for the first few hours - not a chance!

I too await Fable with baited breath, however I'm not liking the sound of it so far. We'll see though. Fallout always trumps Fable but Fable was tons of fun!

I have been dumping most of my free time into this game as well! Although last night I got the explorer perk and almost peed myself when I saw how many places there were to explore...and found myself giving up on any and all missions I had just to explore... Cass and I are currently trying to wade through the hordes of Ghouls that are hanging around a nuclear testing facility....I plan on putting life on hold again this weekend

I am in love with NV. Same basic package as F3, but a lot more grey-and-gray morality, instead of "Enclave vs. BOS". Hardcore mode isn't that bad, biggest pain is food/water, ha ha. Bugs are terrible though- the worst I've hit besides the freezing ones is that Veronique won't react to me giving her the Formal Wear/White Glove Attire that's supposed to trigger a special coversation and her teaching me a unarmed move. :-(

I used to deal with them with the dart gun which seems to be sadly lacking in NV. AP ammo was doing me well but I think I've used up all the AP ammo in the wasteland! I might just stick on a stealth-boy and leg it through the quarry. Bloody Deathclaws.

Also, got the Fable 3 Limited Edition Super-sexy book case thing today :D My g/f's going to HATE ME!

Also, got the Fable 3 Limited Edition Super-sexy book case thing today :D My g/f's going to HATE ME!

My girlfriend and I are both loving Fable 3 right now. She's actually a bit further than I am, but we've been playing a lot of co-op. Great game. :)

Death claws are a pain, best to just avoid them unless you are leveled up with great weapons.

Hrm... 200 hours is a lot?

I've got over 200 days played on one server in WoW. My druid alone is at 52 days played.

For a single player game, yes, 200 hours is a lot. MMOs are a very different beast.

I had 6000 hours in WoW (250 days) in 2 years before I realized I hated the game.