Adepticon 2011, April 1st - 3rd. Lombard IL

nilus

Preregisteration for Adepitcojn 2011 has begun.

Details here

http://www.adepticon.org/

There are three Malifaux events planned this year

1) Friday Night Cake team matches. 8 PM to 11 PM. This is being ran as a very loose informal event. Just come with some mini and cake and have some fun.

http://cart.adepticon.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=269

2) Saturday 9 Am to 7 PM. 40 SS Malifaux Brawl Tourney

http://cart.adepticon.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=280

3) Sunday 8 Am to 4 PM. 35 SS Malifaux Scrap Tourney.

http://cart.adepticon.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=299

A note that the times listed are just when we have the tables for. Registration will start then but assume card drops will happen probably about an hour and a half later.

Also we will be running Demos and have tables for open play all day Friday and possible through out the weekend.

So check it out

lamwyrd,

I don't have any control over the ticketing process but if we do sell out the 16 spots on Sunday I will most likely extend it to 24 people(or more depending on demand).

Still working on the rules packet but here are the highlights

1) We will be using the official Malifaux Gaining grounds rules for the tourney(with some modifications). These are the rules that were used at Gencon. Once I get the okay to share them I will post them here as well as at the Adepticon sight

2) Strategies will be predetermined and will be posted here asap. There will be some scheme restrictions in place. Most likely disallowing any that can score you 3 VP. As well as maybe a restriction on repeating schemes every round. VPs can only be scored through Strategies and Schemes(so no Jack Draw Bonus point)

3) The Brawl tourney will require you to choose your two masters in advance but you can draft your crew each round after finding out what two masters your opponent will be playing

4) The Scrap tourney will require you to choose your faction in advance but you can draft crew(including master) each round

5) Adepitcon rules require all models to be painted. 3 color standard. So get painting. There will be a painting contest included with each tourney.

6) Given that by April a large amount of book 2 models should be released I am strongly leaning towards not allowing Proxies.

And Sundays event is sold out. A day before I could get one. That sucks.

Be patient and put 15 bucks to the side, Working on extending the number of slots.

Also the Friday Cake event has had its priced reduced to $5 dollars entry. Chatted with the organizers and given we might not get any prize support for it $10 was to much a person.

• 2 weeks later...

For all those who signed up. The rought draft of the rules are up at the Adepticon site.

http://www.adepticon.org/?page_id=1727

Bottom of the page, under open gaming

There is a link in the PDF to a registration page as well. Please go there and fill out the form.

The Strategies listed are from the Gaining Grounds OP rules that will hopefully be officially published soon. This is the evolution of the doc they used to run tourneys at Gencon

If we have no proxies does that mean Colette without doves?

As of now, unless they come out before April, it does. I might reconsider and allow proxies for unreleased Totems but I not to think about it.

The problem is with a large tournament it gets hard to police the models people are using. So its generally easier to just disallow proxies.

• 3 months later...
Why did you fail to inform your players who registered before November of the no proxies rule change until 2 weeks before the event?

The no proxies rules were included in the first set of rules published on the Adepticon website(sometime in mid November).

The email I sent today just clarified that no proxies included unreleased models because someone else had sent me an email asking about it.

The no proxies rules were included in the first set of rules published on the Adepticon website(sometime in mid November).

The email I sent today just clarified that no proxies included unreleased models because someone else had sent me an email asking about it.

True story. I've known about the no proxies thing since before Christmas. That's why I jumped for joy when the Lost Love model was released....

How many people are signed up for each event currently?

Should be a good time. I hope I don't get yelled at for slow playing as it is my first tournament for Malifaux, espically when playing masters I have never played against before.

We have a full 32 people signed up for the Sunday Scrap

I believe there are currently around 12 - 14 people in the Saturday Brawl

Fridays Cake match has around 21 people.

As far as slow playing goes. I won't yell at anyone but I am gonna keep everything to a strict time scheduled for the Sunday Tourney as we do not have a lot of time that day to get 4 rounds in. Saturday and Cake match would probably be a little more laid back.

Also for those who have not gotten into anything yet. There are still spots open on Friday and Saturday. And there will be a waiting list for Sunday as well if we get a few no shows.

Look forward to seeing everyone next week, now back to last minute terrain building :)