12-11-2010 Chicago Tournament and Food Drive

nilus

YULE-TIDE IN MALIFAUX 2!

Return of

The Krampus!

A FOOD FOR SOUL STONES TOURNAMENT and PAINTING CONTEST!

Where:

Games Plus (http://www.games-plus.com/)

101 West Prospect Avenue

Mount Prospect, Illinois 60056

We are in downtown Mount Prospect. Prospect Ave. is one block south of Northwest Highway (Route 14) along Main Street (Route 83.)

Phone #: 847-577-9656

When:

Scheduled for Saturday December 11th 11:00 AM start time!

Rules:

35 Stone Scrap

3 One hour and 30 minute rounds.

Holiday Themed Strategies will be given out every round.

Up to 2 Schemes may be used.

Rules are here

Tourney Packet

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0Bwlm8pU5GYC_OGRiYzhlZDUtNmQ3Yi00NjY5LWEyZmEtNGVkMGYxYmFlYjJm&hl=en&authkey=CJLll6wO

Chicago Malifaux House Rules doc

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0Bwlm8pU5GYC_Mzg3ZTRlY2MtOGUyZC00OTM2LTk2OGYtMTBjYTFkZGZiNDIx&hl=en&authkey=COrYoaMP

Painting prize for best painted Holiday themed Wyrd Minature

The Entry fee is food. Donations will be going to the Northern Illinois Food bank. Any canned or prepackaged food is good but here are items they really need

http://www.northernilfoodbank.org/Donate/Ways%20To%20Give/~/media/ILStCharles112/Files/PDF/FoodDrives/Grocery%20list.ashx

Sign up here! Alternates may sign up but they are not guaranteed spaces. I am expanding the list to 24 people. Please RSVP if you plan to come so I can make sure we have the room. Lets pack the house this year!

1.) Fool

2.) Shadowopal

3.) Lionheart

4.) Jokerohki

5.) Trag Sifarin

6.) Pipeline

7.) PolishSausage

8.) sdsickboy86

9.) Subötai

10.) sharpobjects

11.) Nirvanawn

12.) beowulfthehuner

13.) Tweak

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

21.)

22.)

23.)

24.)

ALTERNATES

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

Edited by nilus

I restarted this thread because there are some changes

1) We are doing a 35 SS Scrap. I am going to try running a Brawl in February, but for the Holidays I want as many players as possible. Since not everyone has more then one master(and many are not comfortable with playing 2), I figure we will just stick to a scrap for this

2) Its a Food for Soul Stones tourney. Here are the tentative rules for that

Each round you may donate up to 10 food items.

• You may exchange 1 food item for one additional Soul Stone to draft your crew(up to 5)
  • You may spend 3 food items to give any one model the Henchman trait for the round(this included the Henchman ability to use soul stones as well as the ability to draft a non-master specific totem)
  • Each Holiday Themed strategy will also have special uses for donated food as well.

3) Prizes. I am working on prize support from a few different sources and will hopefully be able to tell you more soon. But here is the breakdown of prizes

• Best Painted Holidays themed Wyrd Miniature (Judged by community vote) will receive a Gift Certificate to Games Plus
  • First Place in the Tourney will recieve a Mailfaux Starter Box set and maybe more
  • For every 10 items of food donated(up to 50, or 5 tickets) you will receive a raffle ticket. The Raffle will be for something "Special".
  • Possibly more prizes if I can secure more stuff or figure out ideas for some cool stuff.

4) Just like last year, Fun Holiday Strategies. Ginger Bread Houses(Please don't eat them till we are done using them for terrain). Candy and more.

• 3 weeks later...
so you're allowing one proxy model that is not released yet correct? And we need a card as well?

Yeah I have not posted here but yeah I am limiting proxies to one model(or group of the same model).

The card requirement is just to make record keeping easy for both players.

Thanks Tweak. Lets just hope the weather is better for us then last year. I think we got like 10" of snow during my holiday tourney last year.

Also how many DeKalbians are planning on making the trip in. I got three on the list already but I am not sure you are all on the forums. Just need to know if there will be more so I reserve the table space.

Just thinking on it a bit more and if we do end up with a packed house(24 players) then what I will do is 3 rounds with everyone and then a fourth round if needed to determine the winner(with the top 4 players). But to do this we need to make sure people are at Games Plus and ready to play by 11 AM.