Spirits of Vengence

Ratty

I chose it for a few reasons, mainly because I really like the model. But I also kind off think it works. The Lost Love is probably not Francis' soul but a construct of Kirai's imagination. Given how he died defending her life I could see how in her mind his image could get mixed with stories of heroes from her childhood giving a composite.

Cool, nice idea and an excellent excuse to find a proxy for her totem. Time to start looking for one myself :)

Great group shot of your crew. Been enjoying thread alot.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been gaming since 1975, and I don't think I've seen a force in any rules set which surpasses the consistant excellence of this crew. And I say this as somebody with a long love for the heraldry & traditions of samurai era Japan, so even running that harsh measuring stick over it has only served to enhance my enjoyment.

Every single figure works individually, and collectively they are an amazing illumination of both the Kirai fluff & the inherent brilliance of this game's sculptures.

Breathtaking art - all kudos, and thank you.

OK.. so I'm coming quite close to finishing this crew for the moment. I'll be getting some shikome at christmas, and I still have some Gaki and Onyro to finish.

So which crew to do next. The obvious choice would be a second Ressurectionist so I can combine them for a brawl and also use a different Master if I come up against bad Strategies/Factions.

So that leaves me with 3 choices. Nicodem seems to have the most obvious synergy with Kirai for Brawls, but it's a aweful; lot of models to paint and we are not up to Brawl sized games in my LGS most players only having one Master.

Seamus, love the models for the Zombie Prostitutes and Seamus himself. Would probably add a couple of Hollow Waifs to take me up to 5 Belles, Bette Noire and Lovejoy... er I mean Killjoy, (don't want to sell the opponent antiques). The only issue is play style, do they just sit and take damage or can you be offensive.

McMourning is cool, but someone I play regularly has him and the starter set is not amazingly good. For one thing I really don't like the sculpt on the Flesh Golem.

I also have 2 Hanged and I'm so tempted to get Jack Daw, who would you run these with and what would you put in a 35ss crew with them. I'm a bit worried about card draw.

Seamus can work great, both with Kirai's crew and by himself.

You don't have to be that defensive with Seamus as you might think. With Bete, Sybelle and his .50 Flintlock, the RedChappel Gang can deal with much everyone. Also, Seamus has a lot of sinergies with those Hangeds and Jack Daw, so I guess that he's the one to go from the other 3 Ressers atm.

I'd think Seamus also. Kirai wants to keep things close to gain Seishin but not so close that she gets squished. The Belles luring things into her range would be pretty sweet. Also, Seamus' gals can be pretty hard to put down and they can hold things up quite a bit.

The only other thing I can think of is, could you use Leveticus with Kirai?

Even though I haven't yet posted any updates on my Hanged, they have been sitting around for a while as I've been working on the core crew, Here is the first pictures of my Jack Daw. People have noted before he looks very similar to the other hanged (he does have some nice details like the boot and the buttons on his shirt), so on the table he just won't stand out, The way I've gone about gettin around this is the base. He is on a large pile of skulls and I've added a latern. I'm going to do sourced lighting, so Jack will be lit up from below making him look quite different.

JackWIPF.jpg

JackWIPR.jpg

JackWIPB.jpg

JackWIPL.jpg

Finished my Lost Love, Unfortunately can't find the cable for the flash lights so it came out stupidly dark, managed to get it up to this using Photoshop. I will try and gets some more pictures up tonight.LostLove.jpg

I love your models, and paintings.

But I must ask where did you get this model from, it is amazingly awesome.

I apsolutely love Jack Daw, ran him last night and managed to pull off a 8vp - 1vp win against Pandora, he has so much synergy with Kirai especially as you can sacrifice spirits to get more cards if things get dicey. I felt he needed a really interesting paint job as a reward and to be honest it was really fun to try and trace where all the rays of light would fall from the lantern.

JackF.jpg

JackB.jpg

Edited by Ratty