Spirits of Vengence

Ratty

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm after I've completed my crew I so want to make a spirit version of Kirai to swap in when she is in Spirit form.. I think the Sin Scissors out of Devil may Cry might be a good start.. anyone know of a model that looks similar? I would probably give it a kabuki mask. But I love the idea of the oversized scyth-Scissors.

1-28902_2.jpg

Finished my work on my first 2 Onryo, I've brought 6 of these, though I've yet to have more than 2 out at a time as I prefer to use Spirit Food and then use my high cards to make sure the kill happens rather than on direct Summoning (it's also kinder on your Kirai's health), so I'm going to need to do some green stuff work on the last 4.

Onryo1f.jpg

Onryo1b.jpg

Onryo2f.jpg

Onryo2b.jpg

Some photos of the second batch of Onyro,

The aim was to make the models look different enough from the original model. I found that changing the facing of the head and the angle of the body did a lot to make them look different, That along with a swaping the hands and reworking the sash, and I'm quite happy.

The first one I raised off the base more by putting in a pin made out of a paper clip, then I extended the robe down along the pin to make it look like it's skimming along the ground. I also filed off the cord and added an Obi with bow.

Onryo3f.jpg

Onryo3b.jpg

The second one was a much simpler sculpt, though I did cut away the hair and lowered it a bit.

Onryo4f.jpg

Onryo4b.jpg

A couple of pictures of my 2 scatch built Seishin. I started with a paperclip which I bent to the curve I wanted and then wrapped it in greenstuff to get the basic bulk. After that was dry I carved it smoother with a sharp knife and then started laying down thin rolled lines of greenstuff which I sculpted with a clayshaper to get the lines along the tail. Then once I was happy with that I added the head, the best thing to do is get down the basic shape first, so I made the beak first, the I add more green stuff to build up the nostril and add the curve to corner of the mouth. Next I got the eyes into position, I always find it easiest to work once the eyes are in place. Built up the brow. Lastly I added in details like the armour plate and the feathers.

Seishin7-1.jpg

Seishin9-1.jpg

I've been getting pictures of the entire crew on a White background so I can make a sheet with each of my models pictures on it, holes to fill in for damage and a place to put counters, it will just make my life easier, than moving around all my cards everytime my models that don't match the picture around..

Seishin8-1.jpg

Seishin10-2.jpg

Seishin11-2.jpg

I chose it for a few reasons, mainly because I really like the model. But I also kind off think it works. The Lost Love is probably not Francis' soul but a construct of Kirai's imagination. Given how he died defending her life I could see how in her mind his image could get mixed with stories of heroes from her childhood giving a composite.

man... I've never seen this thread before today and its friggin awesome! I sculpted two seishin and... uhm... I thought they were decent untill I saw this thread... JERK! lol.

Great looking stuff sir, all around. Great basing also. Beautifull sculpts those Onryo are aren't they? and you did them justice!

I chose it for a few reasons, mainly because I really like the model. But I also kind off think it works. The Lost Love is probably not Francis' soul but a construct of Kirai's imagination. Given how he died defending her life I could see how in her mind his image could get mixed with stories of heroes from her childhood giving a composite.

I like this idea a lot. I will use Okko or an Oni Bushi as my Lost Love. I ended up picking Kirai over Collette, then started reading this thread and balked at the need to have so many Onryo and Gaki... ugh

Edited by Grim

I like this idea a lot. I will use Okko or an Oni Bushi as my Lost Love. I ended up picking Kirai over Collette, then started reading this thread and balked at the need to have so many Onryo and Gaki... ugh

I think it does depend on how you play. I've yet to get over 2 Onyro and 4 Gaki in play, but I run support more than summoning, A lot of the time I would rather use my (1) actions to to swirl a fresh model into combat and use the high cards in that combat than summon a new model. This tactic is also not so much of a life drain on Kirai. I know Cenotaph plays as a solid Onyro summoner and has had 8 out at the same time.