The keeper and Yazza sitting in a Tree, B U I L D I N G their own little gaming table

the keeper

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We cracked the space/time mystery

Its very confusing

For one its screws up my partners english :P

Indeed we are that good, and that confusing. (that and we are working on this project for about 4months)

And my english is bad becouse my hot girlfriend has to check it more.

Tiny details painting??? :hahaha:

Anyway, fantastic job there, can't wait to watch it finished!!

And no the huge brush isn't for detail painting, we won't be using it for painting at all in fact......

I'd love to see a step-by-step tutorial including specific products used in the construction of one of your buildings. They are, quite simply, mind-blowing. Really well done, I'm greatly enjoying the opportunity just to watch this thing take shape :)

if we have some time before crisis we might, cos we got none at the moment i think

aftwards should be no problem

A tutorial would be fantastic, as I am already noting details since I intend to blatantly copy your work!

Seriously, these are fantastic structures - IMO they exactly capture the feel of Malifaux's outlying towns and fit my mental image of the scene perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with all of us - it is very inspiring!

Greetings all,

First of i hate the fact i dont have an englisch spellings correction....

Second, I might do a tutorial after crisis, but the buildings are realy easy its just herstart stone some balsa wood and some cereal boxes. but if you would realy want to i could do a step by step tutorial.

third, picture time.

A WIP for our soulstone gin distillery

28346_1435911731236_1036253109_31264859_4942127_n.jpg

A WIP for the wood cutter dude's house

29446_1430078265403_1036253109_31248145_1255235_n.jpg

The town's statue

34479_1457292345738_1036253109_31322877_7667318_n.jpg

The town so far, we now have the sherif's office, the station, the wood cutters house, the mad scientist, a general store, the docter/undertaker/butcher, our brothel (le boudour noir) and a rondom house. not on this picture is the new distillery and still onder construction is the noodle house.

29446_1430078105399_1036253109_31248142_6328740_n.jpg

In the far left corner you see where the union building will come.

And some sneaky preview of the first buildings ready te get some paint on them

This is the back of the docter/undertaker/butcher. you get a hint what this men does with the people who die in this village.....

credits for the idee go to sebastian who help us come op with some good idee's for the town.

34479_1457292305737_1036253109_31322876_3804778_n.jpg

And here you have the guild house. With the added crate's and barrels the town is realy comming to life.

34479_1457292385739_1036253109_31322878_6500180_n.jpg

Next week we will be showing the first painted houses......

The Guild House is just lovely.

How heavy are these building once all the plaster has been put on and how strong are they against damage/wear & tear?

D.

the weight is not too heavy, only small part in plaster, but wont move around easily when bumped on the table.

the balsa parts are good against tear and wear up to a certain lvl, its still balsa.

a few ballustrades and small parts broke doing a trail run.

But hey, that only made it look more real :D

but we noticed that transport is something not lightly done

How did you do the roofs? Also, I love the balcony on the guild building! Is there anyway to access it in game? Hans perch?

some balconies are reachable by ladder, others by door.

house rule is: 1 action to enter a door, 1 action to exit a door same or 1 story higher, indoor only melee combat possible

and the roofs were done the hard way, the keeper painstakingly put the self cut shingles up one at a time (i did like haf a roof and it was bad :D )

he did the same with the paving next to the houses

Edited by yazza

Damn Yazza your a quick with your replys

The roofs where a big time sink i have spend many a evening doing nothing else but glue roof tiles.

There are a lot of balcony's in the town, and they are great fun. im just waiting for a chance to let my perdita, who is under the balcony shoot at the neflin who is hiding on top of the balcony. its gone be such an awesome cinematic moment....

And Kinder suprise has some of coolest stuff to use for scenery.

...im just waiting for a chance to let my perdita, who is under the balcony shoot at the neflin who is hiding on top of the balcony. its gone be such an awesome ...

He truly wants to, he can't shut up about it. And of course i, never gonna give him the chance :D