I want alternate sculpts!

the imp

I know there are two more books worth of figures slated, so this request will be super low priority if it's even worth considering, but I really want an alternate sculpt for each master figure. Not because there's anything wrong with them, I just think it would be fun. On the other hand, with the fluff from the end of the second book, the characters are changing and may merit new figures that reflect those changes.

So, what do you think? Should alternate masters be included in the release shedule, or should Wyrd focus on putting out the new stuff?

I know there are two more books worth of figures slated, so this request will be super low priority if it's even worth considering, but I really want an alternate sculpt for each master figure. Not because there's anything wrong with them, I just think it would be fun. On the other hand, with the fluff from the end of the second book, the characters are changing and may merit new figures that reflect those changes.

So, what do you think? Should alternate masters be included in the release shedule, or should Wyrd focus on putting out the new stuff?

Well as you rightly say we should start seeing some Avatars of the masters soon (although this is still guess work it would seem logical).

I am less inclined to clamour for alternate master sculpts but rather mini's which may need more use than the sculpts currently available. For example a different Teddy sculpt now that we may see many of them in a Dreamer crew. Pretty sure guild players have also mentioned that a few extra guild guard would be good.

I'm generally happy with the level of sculpts put out by wyrd and it could be a lot worst. I have just bought a 10 man Zealot squad for WM Menoth, for the 9 grunts there are only 2 sculpts, 6 of one and 3 of another.

I absolutely agree with Chuckle on this. I'd like to see more sculpts of the troops in order to round out larger crews without repeating models. I don't want to rush Wyrd with that at all. Getting everything out is much more important!

To that end I'm actually probably going to get a Showgirl blister to split with a Colette player. I'll take the performer for a Hollow Waif, he'll take the mannequin. Luckily I happen to be looking for a model that has a few alternates available. Most models aren't there yet.

More sculpts would be great for those non-unique minions.

But the "Rules before models"-syndrome always leaves the players to use alternatives which seldom fit the look of the game (what is a pity).

So I'd prefer the models to the existing rules to be released before there are any resculpts for existing characters made...

But I must say that I'm a real fan of the alternative sculpts known from warmachine for instance! So that maybe the single minis you get in the blister would vary from the ones in the starter boxes a bit. But no priority here imo, as the existing models are really great and set the characters in a great atmosphere (though LJs pose is a little bit to calm imo).

I'm mostly for releasing "missing" models to the existing rules first (as I hate proxing).

I don't have a problem with rules before models because it gives me a chance to read and think about what I want in a crew before purchasing as well as give me a chance to proxy and play test something. Everyone has their preferences though and I realize some would rather wait longer for another book until the models are ready as well.

I think getting the models from book 2 out first is what I would prefer and then yes I would absolutely love some additional options for existing models. As someone pointed out characters have changed some and reflections of that would be awesome as well as having options for Belles etc.

If they were available I'd buy 'em for sure!

i would like to see all book 2 models released before a 3rd book drops. i mean there is still no hooded rider and we have some book 2 crews released, but that is only a single model and is being a bit nit picky. i understand a revenue boost for book releases, but i personally dislike proxy playing because i enjoy playing fully painted, representative crews, and secondly the proxy cost really degrades the price point of this game, which is a huge draw for me.

I agree alternate sculpt models of crew masters would be sweet. I didn't like the alternate pandora "avatar" fig so I made my own with a Reaper mini Fire Sorceress Pharess #03025 and she's way interesting. I snipped of her arm with the dragon and used the Wyrd models arm with the box in it. I've also been making custom minis from modded Warmachine models for Ramos' crew.

+1, this is my fave part of Warmachine, being able to use my fave sculpt for my caster.

I don't much see the point of alternate Master sculpts. but, I'd not be opposed to them. I'd like to see (in order of release)

1) Book 2 models

2) Book 3

3) book 3 models

4) alternate sculpts of various troops (guild guard, belles, zombies of all shapes, teddy, vultures, daydreams, basically, anything I'm going to have more than the current booster size of in my crew potentially)

But, I'm not trying to tell Wyrd ho to run their business. Just my opinon. Nothing more...nothing less.

I don't much see the point of alternate Master sculpts. but, I'd not be opposed to them. I'd like to see (in order of release)

1) Book 2 models

2) Book 3

3) book 3 models

4) alternate sculpts of various troops (guild guard, belles, zombies of all shapes, teddy, vultures, daydreams, basically, anything I'm going to have more than the current booster size of in my crew potentially)

+lots. Would definitely love more belles. Been looking at these as belle subs.

D.

Edited by daemonkin

I'm not so bothered about alternate masters (aside from the Avatars, which need to kick ass) but there are a few models I'd like more sculpts for. Was surprised that there are only two Onryo as most "mainstay" troops have 3 sculpt which seems optimal and I was really surprised at there being only 2 Gaki as you want lots of them.

I think prioritah for alternates should be "big" models you're likely to use more than one of. Flesh constructs for example (although I've had fun making my own), Teddy (likewise) and Desolation Engine (in the works) spring to mind.

Was surprised that there are only two Onryo as most "mainstay" troops have 3 sculpt which seems optimal and I was really surprised at there being only 2 Gaki as you want lots of them.

I think prioritah for alternates should be "big" models you're likely to use more than one of. Flesh constructs for example (although I've had fun making my own), Teddy (likewise) and Desolation Engine (in the works) spring to mind.

+1 on the alternate large minis (40-50mm) however, its relatively easy to convert your own. Although, Teddy would require a re-sculpt/scratchbuild due to his 2-dimensional sculpt.

Also, I believe the amount of alternate scultps can also be linked to the base size and 'height' of minis... take a look across the range and you will see what I mean.

I do wish they had done 5 sculpts for the Seinshin, I wouldn't have even minded if they had sold them in a 4 pack, if your playing Kirai it's not like your ever going to need less of them than 5.

btw

Let's say we were arguing about cooking the babies. Now, once the babies are already cooked, the next logical step is to marinate them. And from there, eating them just makes sense

Human flesh is very salty like pork, so I wouldn't go down the marinating route, it would be better to smoke the meat and then cut it thin and fry it like bacon.

I really think that an "epic" form of a lot of masters is inevitable. Also, with the way Hamelin went, we have the floodgates opened for a lot of other characters becoming masters.

Anyone hoping for Rusty Alyce as a master?

Yes, cant wait for avatar forms...

Not interested in Alyce... moreso the Neverborn henchmen like Candy and Kade.

I want Springbreak-Bikini-Versions of the female masters :D especially *drool* Ophelia *drool*

Sadly its not too easy to convert the existing models in this direction as they are most often so rich of hair that you have no point to start the conversion (except for people with extraordinary sculpting skills).

whaddaya say?

I want Springbreak-Bikini-Versions of the female masters :D especially *drool* Ophelia *drool*

Sadly its not too easy to convert the existing models in this direction as they are most often so rich of hair that you have no point to start the conversion (except for people with extraordinary sculpting skills).

whaddaya say?

I, um....really dont know what to say to you, *secret high five*

whaddaya say?

Legen...*waits for it*... DARY!