Dead Rider 10

Watcher 3

Watcher 3

Guardian 7

Guardian 7

Steampunk Arachnid swarm 9

Steampunk Arachnid swarm 9

Total 72 with a 10ss cache.

So what do u think? Ramos can heal the riders and levy bings it all together. Alyce also can give a almost dead rider Reactivate.

if the points are lowered I would take out some of the guild stuff.

but yeah let me know what u think and weather or not you think its a strong enough list.

-Andrew Haught

I might be wrong but I think I remember reading in the hiring section that you can only have 2 models out of faction, regardless of how you're hiring them.

That only relates to mercs and special forces. Mercs are 0-2, while special forces are 0-2 unless you have the right Henchman, and no other special forces.

I like the idea of a 3-horseman list and Levi is the only Master who can do it. All we need now is a Guild Rider and we can have the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. :D

Having never played above 35 SS I've no idea whether it's a strong list though. If nothing else, it doesn't look bad.

One suggestion though - I'd drop a watcher to give Ramos a totem (probably the Brass Arachnid, for it's reactivate spell).

Edited by Rathnard

Why are people trying to make skirmish games into 40k? Its all about small model counts, when you begin introducing units/swarms in similar numbers to infantry, you are taking the heart out of the game.

I totally agree, this is meant to be a gang vs gang type game and i don't see myself ever wanting to play more then 40ss at most in my own opinion.

Even 2 master games i would not want to play them that huge just to keep things in spirit of the game.

Im sorry guys... but consider this, malifaux is meant to be an alternative to those systems that play large infantry spam and geometry wars. I have seen Warmachine ruined in the same way at my local club, some of the older players seem to want to remain in the Iron Kingdoms, but play with hundreds of minis... literally.

Sure, it may be your thing, but what makes Malifaux great is its own unique play style and low model count (and the fact that almost every mini on the table is unique and not a replica).

Why are people trying to make skirmish games into 40k? Its all about small model counts, when you begin introducing units/swarms in similar numbers to infantry, you are taking the heart out of the game.

MOAR EDITING:

Right. To those of you who saw the original post I made - pardon me, if you will. Have had a looong morning.

That said, on a slightly constructive note, while feel that the game is better at lower points, why do you choose to share this here? I agree with you that if oppinions that ran against the grain of what the OP had in mind werent permitted, then we'd have issues. However - please try to bare in mind the context here. A different oppinion would be "No, that list is pants - try X/Y/Z". It's like walking into a game debating strategies for one game, and saying this game is bad, try this one instead.

So - what your saying is by all means a valid oppinion, just, thoroughly out of context to the debate at hand. Hope that gets my point across with less ranting involved ^^

Edited by Omadon

You are entitled to your rant, as much as I am entitled to believing Malifaux (as a system) is better as a skirmish limited to small crews.

At no time did I attack the OP or insult him or anyone who sahred the opinion of preferred large model count Malifaux brawls. How is this unjustified?

Get off your high horse. This thread is about large scale games and my opinion was that they are not in the 'intended spirit' of skirmish games. When opinions which are in opposition of the OP are no longer allowed in a forum, it is no longer a forum - whose purpose is the exchange of opinions and ideas. It would simply be a bulletin board.

This thread is about large scale games and my opinion was that they are not in the 'intended spirit' of skirmish games.

This thread is about whether or not a list that the OP has posted would be a strong list. Yes his list happens to be a large list...but he still wanted opinions on the strength of the list. Not whether large games are ruining Malifaux.

Right, in the spirit of getting this debate back on track. Due to how blatantly awesome he is, I'd be tempted to drop a few models to fit in Ashes & Dust, who, tbh - you could proxie as an honourary Death in the four horsemen group, have the core as him dismounted, and the dust as his horse ^^). Not sure what I'd take out though D: