Mcmourning Tactica (Work in Progress)

VonWyll

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm building a McMourning crew, and this is the place for information on the good doctor, I thought I'd ask here:

Since sacrificing a body part gives McMourning "Fast", my assumption is that you can only take advantage of this ability once per activation. I've heard (and probably misinterpreted) the idea that McMourning can slice, gain a counter, use fast to slice again, gain a counter, slice again, etc., but I don't know how true that is.

I might actually take him to the table this week, so answers would be great before I accidentally abuse him. :)

Since sacrificing a body part gives McMourning "Fast", my assumption is that you can only take advantage of this ability once per activation. I've heard (and probably misinterpreted) the idea that McMourning can slice, gain a counter, use fast to slice again, gain a counter, slice again, etc., but I don't know how true that is.

Fast does not stack with itself. A model will only benefit from one extra AP regardless of how many times Fast is applied on it. Also, the (+1) part means you only get one extra AP from it.

In the future, please post Rules Questions in the Rules Discussion area. After using the search function of course.

-Ropetus

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi, good guide. Im noob in the game and i play Lucius but im painting a Nico crew and i will extend to a McMourning crew.

¿Can you give a starndard list 25 ss? I read about with Douglas you musts use a lot of dogs, Sebastian is a must buy and Convict can give you a good help, But i don´t know so much.

Thanks.

hi, good guide. Im noob in the game and i play Lucius but im painting a Nico crew and i will extend to a McMourning crew.

¿Can you give a starndard list 25 ss? I read about with Douglas you musts use a lot of dogs, Sebastian is a must buy and Convict can give you a good help, But i don´t know so much.

Thanks.

My Favorite list to play for 25ss is a follows:

McM- 6ss Cache

Zombie Chihuahua- 1ss

Bete Noire- 9ss

Sebastian- 6ss

Canine Remains x4- 8ss

Extra soulstone to convert to a BP counter, which gives McM 1 BP's going in to the game

Bumping it up, I also have 3 Punk Zombies(5ss a piece) that I can sub in or add to the list. This particular one lets me summon Flesh Construct's in, or also a RN.

Everybody has their own preference that they like with him. That is just my favorite list.

Haven't been in this thread for a while, however, for 25 soulstones, as a new player i would be looking at:

Dr Douglas McMourning, Morgue Master

Sebastian, Morgue Assistant

4 Canine Remains

Convict Gunslinger

Nurse

or

3 Canine Remains

Convict Gunslinger

Flesh Construct

I tend to find the first list a lot more interesting as you have the Nurse doing a lot of different things (healing convict gunslinger, giving him more defense which lets him trigger "Faster 'n You" more often and using drugs to create 'Rocket Dogs') but the second list (with a flesh constructs, dogs, Sebastian AND McMourning is a really nice starter list as it encourages you to get Mcmourning where he needs to be: On the Front.

In my opinion, the nurse is not the easiest model for a beginner... And Flesh constructs are better when summoned I think.

My standard list always includes Rotten Belle, Punk Zombie(s), Crooked Man and at least one dog (Chihuahua or Canine Remain). Then depending on the strategy, I decide for further choices.

This is true, the Nurse is not the easiest, but given the sorry state of the McMourning Box, it is probably a model you'll have. I also think that a Nurse is very useful later on for more veteran McMourning players and if you get used to her early, you will use her later and not just overlook what she can do.

4 Canine Remains

Convict Gunslinger

Punk Zombie

I think should be a good list.

I never really use the gunslinger but I assume he's 6 taking in the mercenary thing?

That's the awesome thing about McM and I hope they never change....that nice SS cache he has.